• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Drain backed up. Can’t clear by normal methods. Doesn’t appear to be anything major, luckily caught prior to taking showers in the morning.

That said, waiting for plumber at 10:30 for a possible 5-600 dollar snake isn’t fun.

I've found that going on the day of selection, and then telling them the "bad guy" is guilty, even before trial, works. I'm a retired cop. If you get to a felony trial, yer guilty(in my opinion). This is NOT fair to the defendant, so I ask to be excused. I do believe in a fair trial, and I ain't giving one. Just sayin!

Floyd T

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!
I want something that’s NEVER going to happen, and I don’t know how to accept that. Lord knows I fucking try. But it’s NEVER enough. I can’t make miracles happen and it’s fucking shredding my soul.

Rant over.

Sorry.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!
I want something that’s NEVER going to happen, and I don’t know how to accept that. Lord knows I fucking try. But it’s NEVER enough. I can’t make miracles happen and it’s fucking shredding my soul.

Rant over.

Sorry.
Let it go. I know that’s always easier said than done but that’s where you are.

Let it go. I know that’s always easier said than done but that’s where you are.
Have to find a way. Need to accept what I’m currently unable and move forward, even if the path isn’t straight, and full of zig zags.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Rant over.

Sorry.
You know, they say “what don’t kill ya, makes ya stronger!”. I say bullshit to that. I say ya hunt it down and KILL IT for just tryin!!

Brother, I wish ya luck in whatever it is. If yer a believer, keep askin. A way around may show itself. Good luck.

Floyd T

Many of you know of my relationship with Señor Burrito, a donkey that I see daily while walking my dogs. Poor dude is always out there by himself (donkeys are social and need a companion), so I try to stop by and bring him some carrots, apples, or a banana when I have them on hand, and spend some time with him. I'm not saying he cares for me the same way I care for him -- hell, he just may love me for my food -- but he definitely looks forward to my visits and actively tries to stop me from leaving when it's time for Enzo and I to walk on. Well, this is not the first time I've seen him like this, and I always try to adjust the single nylon rope around his neck when I can, but it always slides back to the same area. You can see the scars in his mane where he's been cut into before. I wish I knew what to do about it, aside from cutting him loose. I have neither the grazing land, the knowledge, nor the willingly complicit amongst my family to harbor a fugitive equid in my house. So, for now I just do what I can by finding and visiting him daily and bringing him snacks. :(

IMG_3165.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_4370.jpeg

Many of you know of my relationship with Señor Burrito, a donkey that I see daily while walking my dogs. Poor dude is always out there by himself (donkeys are social and need a companion), so I try to stop by and bring him some carrots, apples, or a banana when I have them on hand, and spend some time with him. I'm not saying he cares for me the same way I care for him -- hell, he just may love me for my food -- but he definitely looks forward to my visits and actively tries to stop me from leaving when it's time for Enzo and I to walk on. Well, this is not the first time I've seen him like this, and I always try to adjust the single nylon rope around his neck when I can, but it always slides back to the same area. You can see the scars in his mane where he's been cut into before. I wish I knew what to do about it, aside from cutting him loose. I have neither the grazing land, the knowledge, nor the willingly complicit amongst my family to harbor a fugitive equid in my house. So, for now I just do what I can by finding and visiting him daily and bringing him snacks. :(

View attachment 79608

View attachment 79610

View attachment 79611
That's a shame! Any chance you could chat with his owner?

That's a shame! Any chance you could chat with his owner?
I've been hoping to come across the owner, but so far no luck. I'm considering writing out a note with my WhatsApp info on it (via Google Translate) and zip-tying it to the rope. Donkey moves around usually every two days to a fresh grazing spot; sometimes that's just a little farther over in the current field, and other times it's moving up and down the road. It's a game to try and find him sometimes, but Enzo is a good hunter, and luckily Señor Burrito's eyes reflect in the dark when I shine my flashlight around.

I've been hoping to come across the owner, but so far no luck. I'm considering writing out a note with my WhatsApp info on it (via Google Translate) and zip-tying it to the rope. Donkey moves around usually every two days to a fresh grazing spot; sometimes that's just a little farther over in the current field, and other times it's moving up and down the road. It's a game to try and find him sometimes, but Enzo is a good hunter, and luckily Señor Burrito's eyes reflect in the dark when I shine my flashlight around.
I hope it's not a slip knot? Could you tie a different knot to avoid the abrasion?

I hope it's not a slip knot? Could you tie a different knot to avoid the abrasion?
It is not a slip knot; it is just that the loop slides as far down as gravity continuously takes it. It's not so much the knot, but the contact area of the 1/2" nylon. I'm not even sure what I could wrap it in that would cushion it or spread the contact area enough to mitigate the abrading. He's had a harness on him before after getting cut into, but the dude leaves the harness on so long that it starts abrading Donk's head and snout. :/ Then he goes back to the rope around the neck.

It is not a slip knot; it is just that the loop slides as far down as gravity continuously takes it. It's not so much the knot, but the contact area of the 1/2" nylon. I'm not even sure what I could wrap it in that would cushion it or spread the contact area enough to mitigate the abrading. He's had a harness on him before after getting cut into, but the dude leaves the harness on so long that it starts abrading Donk's head and snout. :/ Then he goes back to the rope around the neck.
How about a wide leather strap that would distribute the pressure? The owner may or may not care when he sees it but maybe a 2" wide leather strap would help?

Maybe one of your belts from the 70's ?

View attachment 79608

View attachment 79610

View attachment 79611
Thanks for taking care of him Nick!!! I agree with Jeff, maybe something thick that could go under the rope to distribute the pressure.

How about a wide leather strap that would distribute the pressure? The owner may or may not care when he sees it but maybe a 2" wide leather strap would help?

Maybe one of your belts from the 70's ?
Thanks for taking care of him Nick!!! I agree with Jeff, maybe something thick that could go under the rope to distribute the pressure.

Hmmmm... that's not a bad idea. I'll have to see if maybe I can't figure out a way to secure it to the rope so it doesn't slide off. If I could get the rope off of his neck I could probably finagle a stitching around it all. I don't think I'm going to be able to get out to him tonight because of the amount of rain we had today, but I'll spend the time looking around and seeing if I can think of anything. Great idea, thanks!

Is there any kind of Animal Control/Cruelty agency that you could contact? Stuff like this really pisses me off.

This is probably the closest I'll come to anyone that would do anything, from what I've garnered given the stray population around. Though this certainly hits a point or two (no shelter and physical neglect), the rest of these pretty much make me believe that the outlook is, "We are all but poor Spanish farmers, and it would be wrong to remove their beasts of burden, for they are the means of income". Maybe I'm reading too much into it... :/ I'm still planning on writing to them.