• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Welp, this just worse. So THREE weeks ago an adjuster came look at my house and took all the pictures and notes he needed. Now, THREE weeks later I get a text from my insurance company stating, "We have received the estimate from the inspector of your property. Within in the next 14 days you will be receiving a settlement letter and estimate along with a payment check, if applicable. Your settlement letter will outline additional instructions and will be sent under a separate mailing from any applicable claim payment."

I get this are was hit hard and they are backed up, but 14 MORE DAYS. Great.

Went camping for the weekend. All set up, waiting for the wife to arrive. Thought I’d build a fire. Was going well until this gd torrential downpour showed up.

Oh well I hope Hayden was looking for company tonight because I was going to cook on that damn fire :/…

Went camping for the weekend. All set up, waiting for the wife to arrive. Thought I’d build a fire. Was going well until this gd torrential downpour showed up.

Oh well I hope Hayden was looking for company tonight because I was going to cook on that damn fire :/…
We’re going to Butcher’s Union tonight with some friends. Head this way, by the time you get here we’ll probably still be waiting for a table 😂

I checked into the hotel I stayed at a week ago. I had given them high praises due to the number of staff they had on hand and their friendliness. Got a nice "Thank You" from the manager.

Yesterday, I checked in and they failed to mention they hadn't had HOT WATER for the last three days. I jumped into the shower this morning and BAM!!! NO HOT WATER! I called the front desk and they said, "oh yea, it's been out for three days and we're waiting on a part to fix it. Should be here any time". Nope, still not here and there's no hot water.

I have Banjo with me and have business to conduct, so I'm kind of trapped. I'm not here at checkout time in order to get another hotel room. Manager isn't going to be back in until tomorrow morning. I'm usually pretty laid back but hot water is one of my requirements. May get ugly tomorrow. WTF?!?!

Floyd T
I book hotels and anything I do on the internet with American Express. They will refund my money and fight the battle with the merchant.

A hotel billed me $300 for a broken toilet tank which I didn't break. Amex told them to pound salt and refunded the $300 plus the nights stay.

I book hotels and anything I do on the internet with American Express. They will refund my money and fight the battle with the merchant.

A hotel billed me $300 for a broken toilet tank which I didn't break. Amex told them to pound salt and refunded the $300 plus the nights stay.
Thanks for the idea. I have only used AmEx since 1991. Keeps me honest abs no mounting debt.

I believe I’ll call them because the Mgr did not call me back yesterday. Apparently they don’t give a shit. Thanks.

Floyd t

Welp, this just worse. So THREE weeks ago an adjuster came look at my house and took all the pictures and notes he needed. Now, THREE weeks later I get a text from my insurance company stating, "We have received the estimate from the inspector of your property. Within in the next 14 days you will be receiving a settlement letter and estimate along with a payment check, if applicable. Your settlement letter will outline additional instructions and will be sent under a separate mailing from any applicable claim payment."

I get this are was hit hard and they are backed up, but 14 MORE DAYS. Great.
Get with your contractor and have them help you fight the battle. The first check and settlement letter isn’t the final say. I’ve been back twice with my insurance company and have one or two more to go. Hail damage on roof, gutters, down spouts windows, etc. Keep fighting!

My HOA manager sucks at his job and I dont have the capacity to do it for him. I don’t think the USPS would hire him.
If it's worth fighting, then fight. If not, document it and save it for the next time when it's worth it and you have the time. A list of shit helps aid the argument, especially if it's headed towards removal of him from his position. Good luck.

Floyd T

Mom drove herself to the hospital at 11:30am , she tested positive for rona. Currently she is waiting on Dr. To see what they are going to do.😥
I am no Dr. of medicine at least, but get her the infusion as soon as possible. Extremely good results… My wife included… Hospital’s by me would only give it to someone that had an O2 reading of 88 or below 🙄. But I was able to take my wife to a popup clinic that took her right in, albeit it was a tent, gave her the infusion and she was on her way to full recovery within 36-48 hours

So my wife is unhappy with me “for making her seem dumb” as I explain how I find it funny that she did a major flip-flop on a particular issue. Heals dug in on one side of an issue only to be on the other side 6 days later. Now she says I’m missing one “critical” part of her argument but come on! It is the intensity of her two positions that I find hilarious but I’m not going to win this one or even get a draw. Anyway, I don’t know where this belongs but since it doesn’t belong in my house, I’ll stick it here.

Word to the wise. If you car has spare (especially on trucks where the spare is under the vehicle) be sure to annually check it and the date code. Ask me I how I learned this leaseson. 🙄😡

So my wife is unhappy with me “for making her seem dumb” as I explain how I find it funny that she did a major flip-flop on a particular issue. Heals dug in on one side of an issue only to be on the other side 6 days later. Now she says I’m missing one “critical” part of her argument but come on! It is the intensity of her two positions that I find hilarious but I’m not going to win this one or even get a draw. Anyway, I don’t know where this belongs but since it doesn’t belong in my house, I’ll stick it here.
Good luck with that one