• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Yeah, I just knew you were gonna have a great story and pics.. and neither you nor Carlos didn't disappoint! That puppy pic, and pink bandage from what I imagine is covering his IV site, is about as cute as it gets. And the wedding pic... priceless!

Sad to hear about the cord incident.. but so glad it worked out that he could make his way to you and your family. Any vet will tell you, electrocution from chewing on cords takes out many dogs and cats each year. Especially younger and while teething.

You and your wife obviously loved him immensely and please be sure to let her know we're sorry for her loss as well. In time, your heart will mend and your need to bring another furry critter into your home will takeover. I've always tried to do that sooner than later.

The need of good, loving, homes for animals is too great and I've always known I'll give them their best life. So I always try to find a new "fur baby" as quickly as I can despite the sadness and grief I'm feeling. Everyone's different of course, and you guys do have the baby now, but there's sooo many dogs that are great with kiddos. Hopefully you'll find the perfect one when ready.

Thanks for sharing all that with us Corey. In just a few minutes time he put a smile on my face several times. I can only imagine the countless smiles he provided for you guys all those years!

Sorry again and I hope you and Mrs. start feeling better again real soon. Later Brother.
Thanks for the very kind words. And yes I would love to get another doggo in the near future but I know my wife puts so much love into her animals that she takes it sooooo hard and she says she never wants another one because of that pain. I know she will come around eventually but might be quite a while. And with the new baby it’s prob best to wait just a bit as well. But yes we will prob rescue another eventually. I’m glad someone got to see him and hear his story. I don’t do social media any more so no where for me to post it really so it was kind of therapeutic. Thanks again brother

View attachment 54372
This was my boy. Taken at our wedding. I named him Carlos because at the time the movie The Hang Over was really popular and that was the name they give the baby they found because he was so tiny when I got him. Here is is when I first got himView attachment 54373
I rescued him. My parents live next to a vet tech and most of their dogs have come from her boss rescuing them. Carlos’ owners didn’t watch him well enough and he bit an electrical cord at only 8 weeks old. They didn’t have the money to save him so the vet did but they had to release him to the vet and then I rescued him. He had a chunk of his tongue missing his whole life because of the electrical shock. Any way I had him for 12 years. About a year and a half ago he developed diabetes and almost died because we had no idea and he got sick. They got him on insulin and we were giving him shots 2x a day and started hand making his food. He was good till about 10 months ago he started losing his back legs. The vet thinks it was neuropathy from the diabetes. It got real bad so we got him a wheel chair. Then his front legs went about 5 months ago and he couldn’t do anything and we had to hand feed him. Then a couple months ago he couldn’t control his pee and stuff and this week had gotten his 3rd bladder infection because of all the sugar in his urine from the diabetes so it was time. We did our best for him but it still hurts so much because he was there for me for 12 years and he ended up liking my wife even more than me when we started dating so it’s been really hard on her. She knew him for 5 years. View attachment 54375
My boy in his wheel chair about 2 months ago. He was an awesome dog and we miss him so much. His favorite toy was this hedgehog that he use to play with and toss in the air himself and catch. Before he lost his legs of course. And man he use to whine for us as soon as we got home. Would like cry from joy every time one of us came home from work. He’s better off not suffering any more but it still hurts
Thank you for sharing this. I can tell Carlos was an amazing companion and you and your wife were awesome for rescuing him and taking care of him.

@CoreyRhoads Thanks for sharing your amazing memories and pictures. Losing a pup is so hard because they love you no matter what with everything that you have. Making the right decision for them is the least we can do to repay them. Prayers and thoughts for you both.

Thanks guys. Been a hard couple days. We miss him so much. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. He was an awesome dog but keeping him around would just have been selfish.

You know, it’s so hard having to do this. Dogs are just so unconditionally loving. It was the hardest thing I’ve had to do, was putting down my 12 yr old Great Dane. I stayed in the room with her, just so she wouldn’t feel alone. I cried my driving to the vet, cried during the procedure and cried driving home. There isn’t a day that goes by, that I don’t think of her and somehow expect to see her nose on the glass door, when coming home.

It gets easier, but they’re never forgotten.

You know, it’s so hard having to do this. Dogs are just so unconditionally loving. It was the hardest thing I’ve had to do, was putting down my 12 yr old Great Dane. I stayed in the room with her, just so she wouldn’t feel alone. I cried my driving to the vet, cried during the procedure and cried driving home. There isn’t a day that goes by, that I don’t think of her and somehow expect to see her nose on the glass door, when coming home.

It gets easier, but they’re never forgotten.
Yeah I even had my parents drive my wife and I to the vet and home because I knew I wouldn’t be able to drive. I too was in the room holding him so he wasn’t alone. So hard

Us Gen X'ers get to sit back and watch the millennials and boomers scratch their heads at one another. 😛