• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

You must be hip, short shorts are back. All the kids on the basketball team here roll up their shorts because they don't like them long at all. Weirdos

That’s so true, my son does the same thing.

It’s funny because In 1990 our HS basketball uniforms had short shorts and we hated them. So beginning that year, we asked the coach to order longer ones, almost to our knees. Things are cyclical and it’s hilarious.

Last edited:
Absolutely! Roofing contractors rarely like to speak ill of another one even though it may be their competition. If it comes down to it, make sure the home inspector is licensed or certified depending what the requirements are in your state. You want to make sure he has the proper credentials should he have to testify as an expert witness in court. I’ve had to do that before and that’s the first thing that defense lawyer tried to pick a part when I testified. Up until 2017 licensure was voluntary in Virginia, and he seemed shocked to find I was.

Most people would think “What does nail pops have to do with having had my shingles replaced?” If it was not an issue before the roof was replaced, it’s usually due to excessive heat buildup in the attic space. I have had three clients hire me for the very same issue in the past and two times I found the issue to be due to the same problem. When the roofing contractor tore off the old shingles and installed a new underlayment, or ice/moisture barrier, they forgot to open it up above the ridge vent opening and no cooling convection airflow could take place. That will also kill shingles prematurely. The other one turned out to be this newfangled ridge vent the contractor installed that was really low profile with this dense fiber material to keep wasp out. It just wasn’t allowing enough air flow.

What kind of ventilation do you have Floyd @SKYDIVNEKD Soffit & Ridge, Gable, Thermostatically Controlled Fan? I can’t speak for the leak. Is there a roof valley above the area, or a furnace flue?
I had the box vents and now have a ridge vent. The nail pops were caused by "El Nino". "El Nino" is the labored who carried them to the roof and dropped them from shoulder height down onto the roof. It shook the whole house, as I was inside working. I went outside to see what happened and watched him do it a couple times. he continued until all the bundles were up there. The roofing company agreed that was the issue.

There are two valleys above the entry door in question. I'm not sure why this occurred now, but in my opinion, it's a roof issue they need to fix. The door jam is now swollen from the moisture and closes very tightly. We'll see what they say. The guy that came out said they'd take care of it, if it's their problem. Well, the water isn't coming from anywhere else, so it is their problem. I'll keep y'all posted.

Floyd T3BC293CC-0C3E-4431-B5D9-A2C181053159.jpegA2651E17-B3B1-4AF4-908B-8052DB6EFE1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Gah, I need to update my profile. We moved to Bartlesville a few years ago which begs the question when are we getting together?
He doesn't get together with anyone. Shit, he even gets eye surgery to keep from meeting up. Good luck with that! ;^)

Floyd T

He doesn't get together with anyone. Shit, he even gets eye surgery to keep from meeting up. Good luck with that! ;^)

Floyd T
Seriously. bfreebern, I hope you’re on the mend and getting good reports. Your Yellowjackets are carrying your b-ball torch pretty well. I grew up with their coach.

Went outside and brought the cat 🐈‍⬛ out with me. I bought one of those retractable leashes to replace her short one so she could roam a little and I didn’t have to keep an eye on her. Not long after I took this picture, she got down. She was fine until the leash suddenly stopped, and she freaked. Started to flip around like a fish and somehow managed to pull free of her harness. Just spent twenty minutes following her around in the woods with a lantern. Fuggin Beeeyotch! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤬
0BCF84FC-D3B9-4947-BEFE-66ABA4D94B64.jpeg

Went outside and brought the cat 🐈‍⬛ out with me. I bought one of those retractable leashes to replace her short one so she could roam a little and I didn’t have to keep an eye on her. Not long after I took this picture, she got down. She was fine until the leash suddenly stopped, and she freaked. Started to flip around like a fish and somehow managed to pull free of her harness. Just spent twenty minutes following her around in the woods with a lantern. Fuggin Beeeyotch! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤬
View attachment 54520
What does Nick say about cats?

View attachment 54520
I don’t really like cats but she’s pretty cute. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What does Nick say about cats?
Well, pretty much the entire time I was following her around saying “come here you little asshole!”
I don’t really like cats but she’s pretty cute. 🤷🏻‍♂️
She’s actually a really cool cat, and I normally don’t care for them either. She just got spooked and me chasing her around the woods in the dark with a really bright light didn’t help I guess.

View attachment 54520
Did you find her? We have a polydactyl that’s basically a small child as well as a pita. He cry’s at the door and window if we are outside because he just wants to sit with us. Until he wakes up from sleeping or is bored, but he doesn’t run, just would like to explore.

Our calico, which if she ran wouldn’t be too far (she is like 18 yo) has learned from him, and gets mad if we don’t bring her out as well. But she won’t stay in one spot so it’s short lived.

If I put a lease on her she just belly crawls like an army guy sneaking up on you in a field or something. I could put her in the middle of the driveway and watch her from in the house and she would barely go 5 feet, no idea why. The other one wants no part of the lease and will rip it off or figure out how to get out of it, but he just wants to hang with his humans mostly anyway.

Hope she was found! Looks like a cool cat 🐈‍⬛!

Floyd T

Haha, I’d have rather met you and drank your moonshine!

Seriously. bfreebern, I hope you’re on the mend and getting good reports. Your Yellowjackets are carrying your b-ball torch pretty well. I grew up with their coach.

I thought we hung out on a plane to/from Disney, a few years back.

Dude, the bball team is killing it, we were never that good in the early 90s. I don’t know the head coach, but one of the assistant coaches graduated from KHS a few years before me.

Haha, I’d have rather met you and drank your moonshine!

I thought we hung out on a plane to/from Disney, a few years back.

Dude, the bball team is killing it, we were never that good in the early 90s. I don’t know the head coach, but one of the assistant coaches graduated from KHS a few years before me.
We did but you can’t smoke on a plane. Trying to remember if that’s the flight my kids hijacked and took over the cockpit. 🤣

We did but you can’t smoke on a plane. Trying to remember if that’s the flight my kids hijacked and took over the cockpit. 🤣

Wait, your kids have done that on a prior flight 😂 This was in July 2019 and I don’t think they misbehaved are all, at least from what I remember. I was thinking, damn that’s weird seeing Drew on a plane, going to the same place, then coming back as well.

I love HUK next level fishing shorts for work in the summer. Durable, they breathe, dry quickly, and have cargo pockets. I ordered four pair online, since I can’t seem to find them locally. Who knew they came in a 7 inch length as well as the 10.5 I normally get. I feel like a 70’s tennis pro in these short shorts. 😳

View attachment 54460
More like...
BVIRGKxCUAEltKf.jpg

UPS has had the status of one of my seegar purchases listed as "Delayed" for a few days. I took the tracking number to our local hub facility, they have more detailed tracking that I can get, they said being delayed was different than being lost. Or something. UPS help was no help, vendor just has "delayed" on their end. "Delayed" like the truck burned to the ground? "Delayed" like the one guy who loads seegars onto trucks is out sick last a week? Nobody knows.

UPS has had the status of one of my seegar purchases listed as "Delayed" for a few days. I took the tracking number to our local hub facility, they have more detailed tracking that I can get, they said being delayed was different than being lost. Or something. UPS help was no help, vendor just has "delayed" on their end. "Delayed" like the truck burned to the ground? "Delayed" like the one guy who loads seegars onto trucks is out sick last a week? Nobody knows.

Good news! Instead of being stuck in PA, the box made it to TX Friday 4-29 at midnight! And has been there ever since (posting this on 5-2 afternoon). Meanwhile, a box I ordered a few days later arrived this morning, shipped from the same place. My guess is the label on the box is messed up or something and it's causing it to spend a few days at every stop getting sorted out.