• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

My 15 yr old daughter, who I thought was the smartest of all the kids, got caught in a lie yesterday. I dropped her off at 12:55, for dance classes from 1-3. My wife texts me about 1:10 asking if Olivia was at dance class, which I said Yes...why. Well, there is a boy that lives around the corner from the studio and they've been talking for a while. My wife sends me Olivia's location and guess where she is? Yep, not at the dance studio. I checked for myself and sure as shit, she wasn't where she should be. I took a snapshot of our Life360 app and also Find my Iphone app, both showing where she was and texted her. No answer. Facetimed her, no answer. So I drove my happy ass to the dance studio first, thinking maybe the apps were wrong. Yeah yeah, I tried giving the benefit of the doubt, but she wasn't there. Drove to his house, pounded on the door and his sister answers the door. Without going into too much further detail, my daughter left and I told his ugly ass (from the front door because he wouldn't come talk to me) to leave her alone and stop talking to her. Luckily, he's moving in the next month.

I get it, I was a teenager once. Things are done and not thought out, but what the hell! We're as open and honest as we can be, with our kids. Ask to do something, don't do it behind our backs. Turns out that I'm the logical one of the two of us, my wife not so much, LOL. I talked to Olivia on the way home and later on yesterday afternoon. Tried to understand her side, tried not to be so mad/upset. My wife gave her the silent treatment when she got home. Well, Olivia's phone is gone for awhile and she's mopping around all day.

Drowned our sorrows in a couple drinks last night and sat in the hot tub, discussing what the hell we do. Parenting is hard 🤣

My 15 yr old daughter, who I thought was the smartest of all the kids, got caught in a lie yesterday. I dropped her off at 12:55, for dance classes from 1-3. My wife texts me about 1:10 asking if Olivia was at dance class, which I said Yes...why. Well, there is a boy that lives around the corner from the studio and they've been talking for a while. My wife sends me Olivia's location and guess where she is? Yep, not at the dance studio. I checked for myself and sure as shit, she wasn't where she should be. I took a snapshot of our Life360 app and also Find my Iphone app, both showing where she was and texted her. No answer. Facetimed her, no answer. So I drove my happy ass to the dance studio first, thinking maybe the apps were wrong. Yeah yeah, I tried giving the benefit of the doubt, but she wasn't there. Drove to his house, pounded on the door and his sister answers the door. Without going into too much further detail, my daughter left and I told his ugly ass (from the front door because he wouldn't come talk to me) to leave her alone and stop talking to her. Luckily, he's moving in the next month.

I get it, I was a teenager once. Things are done and not thought out, but what the hell! We're as open and honest as we can be, with our kids. Ask to do something, don't do it behind our backs. Turns out that I'm the logical one of the two of us, my wife not so much, LOL. I talked to Olivia on the way home and later on yesterday afternoon. Tried to understand her side, tried not to be so mad/upset. My wife gave her the silent treatment when she got home. Well, Olivia's phone is gone for awhile and she's mopping around all day.

Drowned our sorrows in a couple drinks last night and sat in the hot tub, discussing what the hell we do. Parenting is hard 🤣
Everyone goes through crap like this with kids. I think it is natures way of creating separation, so when they get 18+, you're like get the hell out. 😆Not to pry too much, but it might be time for BC. We were all teenage boys at one time and we know they only have one thing on their mind and will lie, steal and beg to get it... With that said It's not too far of a drive to Tulsa, so you let me know if I need to bring some of my nephews up there to rough this kid up... 😁

Wow, what memories this brings back. My son is 7 years under than my daughter and was1000 times easier to handle and to catch in a lie. Don’t worry she’ll be much better to deal with once she graduates from college. :)

Wow, what memories this brings back. My son is 7 years under than my daughter and was1000 times easier to handle and to catch in a lie. Don’t worry she’ll be much better to deal with once she graduates from college. :)
Glad I have a son but I’m not looking forward to these kinds of conversations. Hopefully I raise him good enough to be able to control his Dong and not try to stick it in everything that walks and wait till he finds the right girl. This kind of stuff stresses me out to think about haha

Everyone goes through crap like this with kids. I think it is natures way of creating separation, so when they get 18+, you're like get the hell out. 😆Not to pry too much, but it might be time for BC. We were all teenage boys at one time and we know they only have one thing on their mind and will lie, steal and beg to get it... With that said It's not too far of a drive to Tulsa, so you let me know if I need to bring some of my nephews up there to rough this kid up... 😁

You know, that’s probably something we need to honestly discuss. I talked to her on the way home and said, “You realize this is how girls get pregnant in HS”. She looked at me with a disgusted face and said “We’ll not me”. I was quick to say, “That’s what they all say”. I told my 16 yr old son and his buddy, they both begged me to let them go over to his house, but I told them no, I didn’t need them getting into trouble over it. If I need a few knee breakers, I’ll let you know Aaron 😂

That’s exactly how it is here. My son isn’t the best at losing or hiding evidence. He got busted saying he and his friend were at Bass Pro, when they were at a completely place. Their bright brains told them, to go to Bass Pro and jump in the pond. Well, luckily they smartened up and read the trespassing sign and thought differently about the $3,000 fine if caught. They went to another neighborhood and almost did it there, but didn’t. He thought he was bright and created a bubble in the Life 360 app, which would show home at Bass Pro for 30 additional minutes, while he lied and went to the other location. His Mom busted him on his lie as well. Stupid shit, getting him in trouble, but he’s just not the brightest, LOL.

Not sure I can wait another 7 or 8 years Tom 😂

Glad I have a son but I’m not looking forward to these kinds of conversations. Hopefully I raise him good enough to be able to control his Dong and not try to stick it in everything that walks and wait till he finds the right girl. This kind of stuff stresses me out to think about haha

My grandpa once told me, way before I had kids.

With a boy, you only have to worry about 1 prick. With daughters, you have to worry about all the pricks.

Although I am really pumped to play in my son's three day member guest tomorrow, I am a bit nervous. I have played three weeks of the worst golf I have ever played since I started playing in 1972. Never in my life have I been unable to slow things down, just make solid contact, and get things straightened out PDQ.

I have tried everything I know and I feel like I am trying to play left-handed. No feel, no touch, jumping, jerking, and shooting in the 80's while scrambling my ass off to do that!

Thank God the beer will be cold and plentiful!

The last time I was in a “member guest” I was a caddy. It started off great because it was my first and no one told me anything about anything. Showed up just in time for the first tee to have the “member” fire his driver cover at my head for being a minute late.

Followed that up with a offer of some fruit at the “turn” which because of the heat either was bad or I was bad and ended up with my vomiting at the end of the tenth behind a tree, ending my day.

Suffice to say I never caddied a member guest after that….actually very little of any of it after that lol.

My grandpa once told me, way before I had kids.

With a boy, you only have to worry about 1 prick. With daughters, you have to worry about all the pricks.
Ok what is this life 360 app? My kids should be thankful I wasn’t aware of this when they were younger! Though they are 21 and 18…still! My daughter is the older one and because of a medical condition she has to be on bc. My son, well I’m not worried there, he is a good boy… maybe after he get a car or something.

I’m sure you won’t have any trouble. It just seems like it know. Reminds me of when I brought home my favorite sweater which was Covered in puke and I told my mom I had some bad “Wendy’s” lol. She washed it and sent me on my way…and watched me like a hawk for awhile ! Lol

Ever since my son was in middle school, anytime he went out to a school function or party, I would always remind him to take some Chapstick before he walked out the door, because “you gotta be prepared!”

It helped to have a stash of Chapstick stocked in the house, plus it was a staple in Christmas stockings and Easter baskets.

It was his Junior year in high school when he finally realized I wasn’t REALLY talking about just Chapstick…

The last time I was in a “member guest” I was a caddy. It started off great because it was my first and no one told me anything about anything. Showed up just in time for the first tee to have the “member” fire his driver cover at my head for being a minute late.

Followed that up with a offer of some fruit at the “turn” which because of the heat either was bad or I was bad and ended up with my vomiting at the end of the tenth behind a tree, ending my day.

Suffice to say I never caddied a member guest after that….actually very little of any of it after that lol.
That could have been a scene from Caddyshack!😁

With boys we worry about one dick. With girls we worry about all of them.

@TexasTraveler @bfreebern I'm in. Eight hours and I'm there. Maybe this'll finally get you to have a drink and a smoke with me. I had a fine touch when handling male misfits in my prior life. Maybe that's why I don't own any kids. Good luck.

Floyd T

You know, that’s probably something we need to honestly discuss. I talked to her on the way home and said, “You realize this is how girls get pregnant in HS”. She looked at me with a disgusted face and said “We’ll not me”. I was quick to say, “That’s what they all say”. I told my 16 yr old son and his buddy, they both begged me to let them go over to his house, but I told them no, I didn’t need them getting into trouble over it. If I need a few knee breakers, I’ll let you know Aaron 😂

That’s exactly how it is here. My son isn’t the best at losing or hiding evidence. He got busted saying he and his friend were at Bass Pro, when they were at a completely place. Their bright brains told them, to go to Bass Pro and jump in the pond. Well, luckily they smartened up and read the trespassing sign and thought differently about the $3,000 fine if caught. They went to another neighborhood and almost did it there, but didn’t. He thought he was bright and created a bubble in the Life 360 app, which would show home at Bass Pro for 30 additional minutes, while he lied and went to the other location. His Mom busted him on his lie as well. Stupid shit, getting him in trouble, but he’s just not the brightest, LOL.

Not sure I can wait another 7 or 8 years Tom 😂
As the father of a soon tween and before you know it teen, give your daughter the tools and information to control her well being and not end up with an unintended child or with an incurable disease. If your kids know they can trust you with anything and talk to you about anything, then some tough aspects of parenting become easier. Now. Kids will make their own mistakes, but stuff that derails their life shouldn’t be the kind of mistakes they make. Remember that girls mature faster than boys. Always be there to support your kids no matter what. Love unconditionally and be honest about your own humanity. Most boys do only want one thing. A few here and there are actually decent people. Always know the parents. If the parents are whack jobs, chances are the kid is also. If the parents are good people the kid USUALLY is good people. There is an old Mexican saying that goes: “Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres”. Which means: “Tell me who you are with and I’ll tell you who you are”.

Good luck.

C

Brandon, a couple simple observations.
  1. Good for you for doing things the right way as opposed to the parents who can't be bothered parenting and just use video games as baby-sitters.
  2. Boy am I glad there were no such things as cell phones when I was young!
  3. I'm not sure why she is mopping around, maybe that's her punishment?🤣 "Mop the entire house, all day, and then go to bed without supper!"

I have another colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow because "the prep" wasn't right a couple months ago.

I showed the doc the instructions I got from the Va and the instructions that came with the prep medication, which both say to stop eating solids when you start the medication, the evening before the procedure. He said I cannot eat anything solid for 36 hours prior to the procedure.

I am not taking any chances! I felt bad for the doc last time, he was very kind and professional about it but that had to be a shitty situation for him.

Oh well, I needed to lose a few pounds/inches anyway!:)