• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp 12 Bottle for $49.99 Shipped!

Im having some pretty high RH levels in mine. I tested both of my hydrometers and the 65% beads that I have basically need to be completely dry in order for the RH to stay around 65-69%. ??? I have no idea how this is possible and if I hydrate the beads the slightest bit, the RH jumps above 75% and the beads dont seem to absorb the moisture. I dont know how to fix it.

My humidity wasn't sky high or anything, but once I took the shelves out and put in some empty boxes, it was pretty much dead on after a day or so.

Im having some pretty high RH levels in mine. I tested both of my hydrometers and the 65% beads that I have basically need to be completely dry in order for the RH to stay around 65-69%. ??? I have no idea how this is possible and if I hydrate the beads the slightest bit, the RH jumps above 75% and the beads dont seem to absorb the moisture. I dont know how to fix it.

Did you plug the drain hole? I didn't at first and the bottom was at a higher RH than the top. Once I plugged the hole up, my RH was right where it should be at.

My humidity wasn't sky high or anything, but once I took the shelves out and put in some empty boxes, it was pretty much dead on after a day or so.

I followed your advice and took out the shelves. That and taking out one of the oversaturated bead tubes appears to have done the trick.

Thanks to all who shared suggestions.

Did you plug the drain hole? I didn't at first and the bottom was at a higher RH than the top. Once I plugged the hole up, my RH was right where it should be at.

What did you use to plug the drain hole?

Rich

Rich

Industrial packaging tape. Works like a charm!!! Having that drain hole open really caused a big rise in RH.

I plugged the drain with a piece of dental wax. Works like a charm. That stuff is versatile!

Rich

Oh man no I didnt. Thanks for the suggestion. I will deff try that out!

OK a couple more questions. So if you don't plug the drain hole extra moisture can get into the unit? And even if the plug is unplugged, wouldn't the beads absorb as much moisture as it can, turning pretty much all the beads clear? I only ask because with my humidity at like 78-79%, the beads didn't seem they were getting clearer. They just stayed white.

OK a couple more questions. So if you don't plug the drain hole extra moisture can get into the unit? And even if the plug is unplugged, wouldn't the beads absorb as much moisture as it can, turning pretty much all the beads clear? I only ask because with my humidity at like 78-79%, the beads didn't seem they were getting clearer. They just stayed white.

Not sure. Try searching for it or maybe someone else can ring in.

I didn't plug the hole and my RH has been dead on for about two weeks. I do feel like I have to keep adding water to the beads.

I didn't plug the hole and my RH has been dead on for about two weeks. I do feel like I have to keep adding water to the beads.

I didn't either. Then we got this patch of very high humidity here that lasted for three days. I was getting readings of 73-74RH. The week before it was at 63-65RH. I can only attribute that to the swing in outside humidity. I can view my hygrometers without opening the door and watched them very closely after I plugged them up. I haven't had any problems since.

Guess what? It sh*t the bed. I have learned many times over in life, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?

At least I can keep my sticks in there until the summer time. It still holds humidity. :thumbs:

Good luck to everyone who bought one!!!

Did I win?

Guess what? It sh*t the bed. I have learned many times over in life, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?

At least I can keep my sticks in there until the summer time. It still holds humidity. :thumbs:

Good luck to everyone who bought one!!!

Did I win?

That sucks to hear. Mine is still running.....so far so good.

yep mine just took a shit too, no lights or fans at all. back to the tupperdores

yep mine just took a shit too, no lights or fans at all. back to the tupperdores

Sounds like power. Is it plugged in? :cool: :laugh:

Seriously, power problems can be simple, even aside from the plug. Fuse? Circuit breaker? Power supplies are often simple and relatively cheap to replace, too.

Just a thought.

I think I posted elsewhere back when it occurred, but mine took a dump a while ago too. Now it's just a coolerdor that has the advantage of being able to stack things on top of it without interfering with accessibility.

I'm hoping mine doesn't die any time soon. It stays around 80-85 degrees here in Hawaii, it's terrible. Without the temp control, the RH gets way too high. Anyone know what the best quality wine fridge is, in case mine dies? Not in a position to pick up an Aristocrat just yet.