• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weather

We did get a little rain overnight, no tornadoes. I think there was some hail, got some leaves on the ground and stuff.

Wind's back, 60mph gusts already this afternoon

Last edited:
Lows below freezing most of this past week. Mid-80s forecast starting next week.

We wear shorts in either.

100 again today. Amarillo broke a 109 year old record Saturday with the earliest day to hit 100. Pretty sure yesterday and Sunday were both record highs, and so will today. We're hotter than Phoenix, Las Vegas, El Paso, Death Valley...

DMA_Temps_thumb.png

Looking at the weather today, seems like we also had the highest wind in the area yesterday, 81mph.
That blows! 😄

We've had "red flag" warnings everyday for over a week. Wind is always expected here in the Spring but this year has been nuts! 🤪

Thanks for the comments. If you're curious, we're running an Ambient Weather WS-2902-C. The systems from Davis are pretty much the standard for TV and radio stations, small airports, etc. but at roughly half the price (and with superior WiFi), the Ambient Weather systems are pretty darn cool. No extras to buy, just set it up and go:

One of our local stations had a weather net set up across the area, originally at a school in most towns in their viewing area. The have been phasing it out and recently decided to kill if off soon.

Anyway, they posted a link to what they were using, Davis gear. But that stuff is way more expensive than just 2X the Ambient, the baseline wifi system was $750 or so IIRC.

I think I'll get that Ambient system, it looks like just the ticket for what I would like to do.