• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

weight loss contest

A few things off the top of my head..

Days spent in the gym/exercising-can't get in shape if you aren't working out.
Amount of total weight lost-
once you have a program established, it will be taken into account when you skip or miss days.
Individual acheivements example. Increase bench press by 45 lbs, lower your 2 mile run time, try out a new type of exercise, etc.
any day you can exercise or make it into the gym more then once.

all these kinds of things are going to help you reach your goals first, win the contest 2nd.

The calculator is for body mass index, not body fat percentage as it might have mislead people to believe. It is not an accurate representation as Seth and Bfreebern have stated earlier. It doesn't take into account bone and muscle density. As the contest goes on, especially for those who haven't worked out and lifted weights for a while or ever for that matter, you'll come to realize this calculation is less important as other factors in health such as functional strength, muscular endurance, and proper nutrition.

Okay, I'm in. I've been looking for a good excuse to get back in shape, and losing weight with fellow S/BOTLs is probably as good as a reason as I'm gonna find.

Here are my particulars:

Stats: 46yo, 6' 0", 225.4 lbs, BMI=30.5

Goals: I'd like to get in good shape which, to me, means:

- Getting below 205lbs
- Being able to run 2 miles in under 20 minutes (hey, I'm 46 -- 2 flights of stairs leaves me winded)
- Holding my own playing 3-on-3 basketball for 45-60 minutes

Pathway to Success: The last time I was in what I would consider "good shape" was in 2002. I got there by following the "Body for Life" program, which I will follow again this time. The Body for Life program relies on exercise (primarily weight training, with a healthy mixture of cardio) at least 5 days a week. I plan to document/track my workout activity (reps, weight, intensity level) on a daily basis. The program also relies on a high protein, low-carb (NOT no-carb) diet of 6 smaller meals, eaten at 2-3 hour intervals throughout the day.

Current lifestyle:
I sit behind a desk, eat a lot and haven't exercised in about two years. The lack of exercise is due to multiple surgeries on my right shoulder in 2005. I'm hoping that those surgeries will not limit my ability to progress.

I'll get my cigars in the mail no later than Friday, and hopefully tomorrow.

Are pics required/desired for this? I shudder at the thought of taking a shirtless photo... but whatevah! It will probably be motivating as hell. :laugh:

Out with tomorrow's mail:

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7491 9546 5537

Good luck and good results to everyone! :thumbs:

Tim, I have you covered on the entry fee, I insist.

Seth, no way to set specific rules, too much variance in contestants, so Erick will judge. Don't be skeert...

Let's start this bad boy a week from today, sign up deadline is Monday, must have a dc# posted by end of monday.

You are too kind my friend!!!

Name: Tim
Sex: Not as often as I like
Height 5'5"
Weight 172
BF% 25.7

Cardio 3-4 times a week, pushup/situp non carido days (standard army PT)
Portion control, and switching to whole grain, and or sugar free foods, also will be on the weight watchers plan by default.

Goals
160 pounds
20% BF
2 mile in the 15 min range
75 pushups in 2 min
70 sit ups in 2 min

Does this cover the data needed?
If not Just Let Me Know

Tim

That BMI Calc says I would need to get down to 190 lbs to get to " normal " . 'dats funny... because If I kept muscle mass I would have 1.7% body fat and be dead.

I will post my goals and get my sticks out tonight.

Seth

I want in.

46 years old
6'2"
327 lbs
BMI calulator in link above says 42%

I can send my sticks out tomorrow.

I will drop down to 3000 calories max per day and try to start walking.

Male
6' 2"

Goal weight : 215. I will lose 15 pounds of fat and add two or three pounds of muscle.
Diet : Low carb. Meat, some dairy and veggies
Exercise : HIIT using body weight exercises, kettle bells, clubbells, and running on Mon - Thurs. Friday and Sunday are rest days. Saturday is sparring and tourneys. Light stretching and joint mobility exercises in the mornings.

I will post goals for some exercises once I establish a starting point / baseline around week two. Trying to max out on several exercises right now would leave me unable to do them for several days.

Seth

Sticks go out tomorrow.

DCN 0103 8555 7491 7505 4680

4 Opus X perfection #4 and a shark.

Well here are some pics Mike took at the herf in Richardson Tuesday:

And this is where I want to be eventually (132 lbs), minus the age (I'm not sure I'd enjoy being a senior again anyway), of course!

Still can't get to a scale or doc to get that BF%. I've picked the sticks and will send them out Sat.

Thanks guys looking forward to the competition!!

Julie

Ok, we have:

Myself
JetDr
Bargogirl
Fatken
Grateful1
Seth
Jonesy
Satchmo
MX
Wildcard
Steamboat
Stevehawk

:thumbs:

10 cigars en-route to Erick: 0103 8555 7491 9627 9539

Sticks on there way DC 0103 8555 7492 0688 8195

Seth

Best i can tell i owe a 5'r to Seth, Jonesy, Satchmofo, Wildcard, and Steamboat. I'll try to get those out soon, meaning it might be mid next week

:thumbs:
alright guys, it looks like we got ourselves a good contest! I am going to go thru all the posts etc this weekend and create a master thread for this contest and get everything more structured.

Its great to see everyone is interested in getting involved! Good luck to everyone.

PS, I just got back from the gym....Leg day! I can barely friggin walk right now :whistling:

Ok - My sticks will head out Monday...and I'll get some photo's this weekend....now to find my chaps! :0

Alright, I gave my stats earlier, but nothing esle so here it is....

Sex-Male
Age-35
Height-6'1
Weight-242
BMI-31.9%

Current Lifestyle-I work a rotating 12 hour shift (two weeks on nights then 2 weeks on days) so it's kinda hard for me to get into any kind of routine. I sit at a desk for about 10 out of the 12 hours and most of my meals are from fast food restaurants. I love sweet tea and soda so I don't drink a whole lot of water. I don't currently exercise so that part will probably kill me.

Goals

1) Get down to ~215lbs
2) Be able to pass by Mickey D's on the way into work
3) Lose enough of my belly where I don't have to hold my breath when bending over to tie my shoes.
4) Continue exercising long after this is over

Pathway to Success

Haven't researched exactly what type of diet I will be on but it will not contain fast foods, sodas or sweet tea. Water will become my primary drink. I'll spend at least 30 minutes to an hour of each shift I work inside the company gym rotating between the treadmill and weights. I will try to actually do something when I'm at home instead of laying on the couch watching tv.

Sticks will be on the way to Erick Monday.

One more thing guys, we are all here for support! If anyone has any questions about what they plan to do etc, don't be affraid to ask!

OH yeah, has anyone stopped to think about the prize package that is developing in this??? ahhahaha, thats going to be one hell of a nice stash