• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can someone as educated as you miss connecting the dots as badly as my 3 yr old granddaughter?!?! There is NOTHING in anything I have ever said or done that would even suggest you leave. I do think you need to cut back on your Tolstoy-esque writings, but that has also been a shortcoming of mine (for which I have received several lashings from NA).

Clearly, at times, some think I'm a putz - I acknowledge that. I also have it within myself to be something different than I am - I will not. I live by my personal convictions - whether others agree with them or not - sometime at the expense of relationships. I accept that.

You do what you think is right - you have to ultimately live by your decisions. I'd personally suggest you not throw the baby out with the bath water... ;)

Still waiting on the 4 other "phantom" members who have been wronged by Wilkey to show up.

I think you should not hold your breath on one of them...

I'm just saying... :whistling:

:whistling:

Jim

Still waiting on the 4 other "phantom" members who have been wronged by Wilkey to show up.

You just don't know when to STFU do you? Are you saying that I'm lying? Don't go down that road.....

I stated that the person who sent me the email saying that he didn't receive his end from wilkey nor did three others is a long-standing and highly respected member of this community. There are also enough other people out there who I have shared the identity of this person with and they all know damn well what the truth is so once again you best just keep your mouth shut from now on, okay?

Moki, it wan't up to me to accept his apology. I'm quite sure it wasn't pointed at me. I simply thought it lacked sincerity and said so.

I understand. I think he needs to make the situation right by Bill and anyone else that he has outstanding trades with -- this goes without saying. I don't think he needs to throw himself on his sword for forgetting to send out a few cigars to people... and I agree he could have handled the situation more adroitly.

Maybe he is being insincere in his apology; maybe he doesn't like Bill or has his panties all in a bunch over the whole incident. So what? That makes it all the more difficult to apologize and completely supplicate before people here. Interrogating an apology is a sure way to get it rescinded. We all live by social niceties that may not be 100% genuine, but are still meaningful for at least being offered.

I'm not excusing him not sending cigars to Bill and whomever else is on the list, and I understand that it's not the size of the exchange, but rather fulfilling it properly.

But still... I'm distraught by how much of a mountain this molehill is being made into... by everyone involved.

Bill is not lying about these other people existing; it just isn't something he would do. Insinuating otherwise is just going to cause this to snowball for no good reason.

You just don't know when to STFU do you? Are you saying that I'm lying? Don't go down that road.....

I stated that the person who sent me the email saying that he didn't receive his end from wilkey nor did three others is a long-standing and highly respected member of this community. There are also enough other people out there who I have shared the identity of this person with and they all know damn well what the truth is so once again you best just keep your mouth shut from now on, okay?

I know who one was (a very good friend), not the other 3. If it was such a big deal to bring other people into it, then maybe they should speak up.

Don't tell me to STFU or keep my mouth shut. I'm not a f*cking kid or someone you can talk down to. If I wanted to call you a liar, I would.

I've always known Wilkey to be a stand up BOTL, I don't know the circumstances of this, but I'm definitely sorry to see this unfold. I hope he finds his way back.

I know who one was (a very good friend), not the other 3. If it was such a big deal to bring other people into it, then maybe they should speak up.

Don't tell me to STFU or keep my mouth shut. I'm not a f*cking kid or someone you can talk down to. If I wanted to call you a liar, I would.

Oh yes you are kid, I'm old enough to be your father. Trying showing a little respect and LISTEN to advice instead of shooting your mouth off YET AGAIN.

Your statement that there are four "phantom" members implies I'm lying and by your own admission you already know at least one exists so once again, you'd be wise to stop shooting your mouth off and making yourself look stupid.

Oh yes you are kid, I'm old enough to be your father. Trying showing a little respect and LISTEN to advice instead of shooting your mouth off YET AGAIN.

You won't get any respect from me by telling me to STFU or keep my mouth shut, nor by talking down to me.

My statement wasn't aimed at you, but rather to see if anyone else wanted to make their problems known. Keep talking down to me, as that shows more about your character than mine.

You won't get any respect from me by telling me to STFU or keep my mouth shut, nor by talking down to me.

My statement wasn't aimed at you, but rather to see if anyone else wanted to make their problems known. Keep talking down to me, as that shows more about your character than mine.

Do you know the difference between "telling" and "suggesting?"

Let us know when you figure it out. Your continued displays of ignorance are very telling about your "character."

Don't give us this BS about how your statement wasn't "aimed" at me, that dog won't hunt.

Bill is not lying about these other people existing; it just isn't something he would do. Insinuating otherwise is just going to cause this to snowball for no good reason.

:rolleyes:

Aw hell. I give up.

I think it's speaking volumes of who you are in pursuing the four "phantom" people. Is it to "destroy" Bill or "destroy" Wilkey? Your pursuit is, nonetheless, tactless and serves no other purpose than self satisfaction.

You really would be wise to let it go... ;)

I've been reading this and the only thing I can say is...If you are in debt or have an agreement with someone fulfill your end promptly without excuses. If you have problems holding up with your end of a deal don't make one. I forgot is an excuse that just don't fly.

This thread should never have been necessary.

Let us know when you figure it out. Your continued displays of ignorance are very telling about your "character."

Don't give us this BS about how your statement wasn't "aimed" at me, that dog won't hunt.

Do you know the difference between contributing to a community and only coming around to start shi*t? Let us know when you have something constructive to add to CP rather than only stopping by to create or participate in drama, ok? Can you do that? All you ever do is blast other people when your actions are pathetic and rude.

Do you know the difference between contributing to a community and only coming around to start shi*t? Let us know when you have something constructive to add to CP rather than only stopping by to create or participate in drama, ok? Can you do that? All you ever do is blast other people when your actions are pathetic and rude.

Oh, boy... :rolleyes:

I think it's speaking volumes of who you are in pursuing the four "phantom" people. Is it to "destroy" Bill or "destroy" Wilkey? Your pursuit is, nonetheless, tactless and serves no other purpose than self satisfaction.

You really would be wise to let it go... ;)

What's tactless is to bring up other people in a problem not involving them to begin with and then not expect them to have something to say.

I completely understand the concept of making good on a trade or comittment. Having said that it is quite a shame that this has come to this.

Wilkey has given far more to this community than he has ever taken. His dedication, analysis and pursuit for answers have been invaluable to CP. The wealth of information initiated by Wilkey is a testiment of his passion and love of cigars. I also believe that same passion for friendships extends to the members of CP as well. In the end we are all responsible for what we say and what we do. I hope this all works out for everyone involved. Wilkey if you choose to leave good luck in all you do.

Bob

The ball is in Bill's court, Wilkey apologized for his part and is asking for the address to make the wrong right.

The rest is BS.

If there are others owed something then they should come forward and seek settlement. I know the one person who can not make a claim.

Now I see one person that hasn't been part of the community for a while who has come out of the wood work to make comments. If you really have something new to add fine if not let the two main people resolve this. If the package isn't in Bill's hands shortly then all bets are off. Why prolong this, if only for the entertainment it may bring others?

If anyone doesn't like what I have to say I'm sorry I have offended you, but this is getting very childlike. Respect one another, stop calling people names or derivatives of their names. I'm sure if you were in their presence you wouldn't do that and expect to get away with it.

The ball is in Bill's court, Wilkey apologized for his part and is asking for the address to make the wrong right.

The rest is BS.

If there are others owed something then they should come forward and seek settlement. I know the one person who can not make a claim.

Now I see one person that hasn't been part of the community for a while who has come out of the wood work to make comments. If you really have something new to add fine if not let the two main people resolve this. If the package isn't in Bill's hands shortly then all bets are off. Why prolong this, if only for the entertainment it may bring others?

If anyone doesn't like what I have to say I'm sorry I have offended you, but this is getting very childlike. Respect one another, stop calling people names or derivatives of their names. I'm sure if you were in their presence you wouldn't do that and expect to get away with it.

That's about everything I have been thinking about all of this since reading all of what is going on. You pretty much hit the nail on the head Tony.

The rest is BS.

Amen. This is getting rediculous. This thread has been drug out as far as it needs to be. When it comes down to respected members disrespecting other respected members in the way that's been done in this thread, it's sickening for the rest of us to watch.

....and if what I said offends anyone I'm sorry, but I'm allowed my opinion in the matter as much as some of the others that are throwing their weight around.

Status
Not open for further replies.