• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s in your pipe today? 2020

That’s some tasty stuff!
This is my first bowl. Pretty good so far. I've got something weird going on with my palate at the moment. I keep getting this weird after taste from the coffee I'm drinking and it's messing with my pipe.

I think the bitter notes are colliding.

This is my first bowl. Pretty good so far. I've got something weird going on with my palate at the moment. I keep getting this weird after taste from the coffee I'm drinking and it's messing with my pipe.

I think the bitter notes are colliding.
I don’t like it as much as pirate kake but it’s a close second for me.

L' ENNEMI INTIME (2007) ,a War movie.
Algeria 1959, here is Captain Berthaut a WWII veteran brutally tortured by Gestapo now fighting the guerillas.

282829084d6711e062640ab3a441202a690423c2.jpg

I am smoking Domaine de Lavalette No 8.

Finished the first bowl, and immediately loaded another. Second bowl was better, so I'm definitely blaming the coffee.
Good deal. I was gonna ask about your thoughts on the GL Pease Gaslight. I’ve been eyeing it for a while but I don’t want to have too many blends that are so close in flavor. Is it noticeably different from something like Maltese Falcon and Pirate Kake?

Good deal. I was gonna ask about your thoughts on the GL Pease Gaslight. I’ve been eyeing it for a while but I don’t want to have too many blends that are so close in flavor. Is it noticeably different from something like Maltese Falcon and Pirate Kake?

Gaslight smells a touch mustier than Maltese Falcon. I can't really recall the tasting notes between the two to say anything definitive, except they are different.

Gaslight smells a touch mustier than Maltese Falcon. I can't really recall the tasting notes between the two to say anything definitive, except they are different.
I’ve got two open jars so maybe I’ll give it a shot. Thanks

I rubbed these out, which is my preferred method. I need to try folding at some point but I keep chickening out and staying with what I know.

I rubbed these out, which is my preferred method. I need to try folding at some point but I keep chickening out and staying with what I know.
I feel you. Typically when I fold regular flake I have burn issues. Could be my technique though. So I usually rub it out too

Bald Headed Penguin in the Ser Jacopo. Good stuff. I'm starting to get a hold of the technique the more often I smoke. Definitely much better than when I first started. Although this stuff has pretty dry and gave a slight bit of tongue bite.

Nothing in my pipe because I don't have one anymore. I was given a cheap Cobb one awhile back but it got lost in the move, and it was just a basic starter anyways. I still have some tins of stuff I bought back then, do they go bad over time? I went outside today to check out how the trees were fairing in this wind and caught a whiff of pipe and was like damn....I'd like to have one right now! lol

Nothing in my pipe because I don't have one anymore. I was given a cheap Cobb one awhile back but it got lost in the move, and it was just a basic starter anyways. I still have some tins of stuff I bought back then, do they go bad over time? I went outside today to check out how the trees were fairing in this wind and caught a whiff of pipe and was like damn....I'd like to have one right now! lol
If they're open they'll dry out, if sealed they should be fine.

There are a lot of resources online to restore dried tobacco. My Royal Yacht dried out a bit before I started putting all my leafs in mason jars. It wasn’t crispy but it was definitely too dry to smoke. I took a piece of folded paper towel and Got it damp (just damp, you don’t want it dripping) and make a little tin foil boat - if you will - to create a barrier between the towel and the tobacco. You don’t want to put water directly on your tobacco if it’s going in the jar to avoid mold. Anyway, I left that paper towel in the jar for about three days and when I checked it, the tobacco had a much better feel to it, similar to when I pulled it out of the tin the first time. Mind you that tin was cracked only maybe two months ago. If your tobacco had been dry for an extended period of time, you may be able to rejuvenate its moisture content, but much like a cigar, I doubt it will be as flavorful as it originally was.

edit: Also, cobs are great pipe in my opinion. I’m sure experts will be able to tell you what blends work in what materials/shapes to maximize the flavor profile, but with my limited experience I’ve found cobs to provide a very satisfying smoke regardless of the blend. Plus they are nice to have around if you want to try different aromatics without tainting one of your nicer pipes. 👍

According to the measures for the Coronavirus the Cafe are closed, you have to inform the authorities via sms or have on you a paper with signature-ID to prove that you are exiting home for a specific reason. You must wear gloves and musk and many people are not allowed to gather even in public.
Today i manage to ''escape'' from the ringer and go somewhere hidden and i send you the message that the Greek pipe smoker WILL NEVER SURRENDER !

28291004a2a0f06d87b836c0e0f7cb5ebe23db00.jpg

Skandinavik Sungold.