• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s Your Latest Purchase - 2021

Lol tunneling while smoking rott is a dead giveaway. Many B&Ms and retailers are notorious for over humidifying their cigars and it can take weeks to rectify this with proper storage. Another symptom of over humidification is a cigar that feels under filled.

I understand. How would your idea translate into the scenario in which I had the FdlA box properly stored for three years, just as all of my other cigars, all of which had no tunneling issue? If three years of 'proper' storage is not enough time to mitigate a tunneling issue in which every cigar in the box had tunneling issues, then I would think the box isn't worth owning, nor smoking. Of course, that is only one opinion.

Then there is also the opinion that Jon Drew voiced within the the thread I attached earlier.
Within the context of that thread I would agree with Jon Drew.
Hopefully he has more knowledge on the matter than myself.
Posts 32 & 33 both seem to be informative, as others posts are also.

Post 32: Is this a pure construction issue or can more play into it? I frequently have Illusione cigars that do this. Since I store everything together and light them the same way, it points to a production issue to me. Or maybe an odd leaf of tobacco through the center?

Post 33: Construction issue.

Jon Drew also mentioned, "sticks that are smoked outside" which I rarely, if ever, smoke out side of any controlled environment. 98% of the time I typically smoke in my Ford 4x4, or if not the truck, then in my garage. At least I never deal with weather being an issue when it comes to my smoking pleasure.

Last edited:
I understand. How would your idea translate into the scenario in which I had the FdlA box properly stored for three years, just as all of my other cigars, all of which had no tunneling issue? If three years of 'proper' storage is not enough time to mitigate a tunneling issue in which every cigar in the box had tunneling issues, then I would think the box isn't worth owning, nor smoking. Of course, that is only one opinion.

Then there is also the opinion that Jon Drew voiced within the the thread I attached earlier.

Post 32: Is this a pure construction issue or can more play into it? I frequently have Illusione cigars that do this. Since I store everything together and light them the same way, it points to a production issue to me. Or maybe an odd leaf of tobacco through the center?

Jon Drew also mentioned, "sticks that are smoked outside" which I rarely, if ever, smoke out side of any controlled environment. 98% of the time I typically smoke in my Ford 4x4, or if not the truck, then in my garage. At least I never deal with weather being an issue when it comes to my smoking pleasure.
What’s your storage look like?

old-storage-shed-CF507G.jpg

Perhaps you should calibrate your hydrometers 🤷‍♂️

Go find you an Opus X “power ranger” or and LFD “double ligero” These will help with tolerance 🤣 or listen to everyone else and drink a sugary beverage of your choice w
Go find you an Opus X “power ranger” or and LFD “double ligero” These will help with tolerance 🤣 or listen to everyone else and drink a sugary beverage of your choice while smoking…
Talking with others today, I have learned that sickness with the Opus X "power ranger" is common.

I had nicotine sickness a few times. Mostly happens if you have not had a full meal before the cigar that’s strong. Also like everyone said the lore you smoke the less this affects you. As a matter a matter of fact I like trying new cigars when there before my meals or at least a few hours after to really taste the nuances of the cigar on as clean a pallet as possible. But if the nicotine does hit you I get something that’s high enough n sugar and quickly absorbable like chocolate or drink some soda

Need some guidance from those with experience.

I have now smoked approx. 15 cigars over the last three weeks or so. Macanudo Maduro, Romeo y Julieta 1875, Arto Fuente, Oliva O Series, Montecristo White, etc. About a week ago, I headed to my local cigar lounge for the first time for some advice on what to try next. He set me up with Don Pepin Garcia JJ and an El Gueguense Robusto. I have been saving them for a nice evening in my lounge (garage). Last night was that night! Pulled out the El Gueguense, Gave it a great cut, toasted it up nice, started puffing away, and enjoyed it over about an hour and 15 mins.

Here is where I need to know, what the hell happened?

About 1/2 through, I had a buzz (which rarely happens), so I was like "yeah, this is nice." so I kept smoking it, to the end, about 2 inches left. I stood up to go get something and then it hit me, I mean like buzz buzz, like when I was in 6th grade and dipped Copenhagen for the first time. About 5 mins later, I was over the toilet dry heaving. Feeling a little better, I decided to sit on the couch and watch some tv with the kiddos. During that time, my head was pounding, and my vision was a bit off. I drank water took an Excedrin and went to sleep. This morning all is well.

1. What happened
2. Why did it happen
3. How do I keep it from happening again

Thanks!
Gavin (and the others) nailed it. My advice is the same as drinking: know when to say when. If you feel it coming on, slow down or even stop. It sucks to put a stick out, but nic sickness sucks even worse -- as you realized. Some cigars will kick your butt regardless of your perceived tolerance. Keep your blood sugar up. And don't try to let your dog in the house when you are already wobbly...

Interesting. I've only had the Cameroon, which I didn't hate, but wouldn't purchase with my own money. Are those 54 or 56 RG? Let us know how they are, please.
They’re 4x60. I wasn’t a fan of the Cameroon but the Connecticut and Maduro are great with coffee. These have a great butter flavor with some sweetness and pepper.