• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2013

Weekend getaway to Columbia, and came across a couple of nice little brew pubs, and sample several nice beers.

Flat Branch:  Ed's IPA, Oil Change Oatmeal Stout, Honey Wheat, Imperial Stout, Irish Red, Belgian Golden Ale
Broadway Brewery:  Pumpkin Smash, Cherry Saison

Bsneed51 said:
Weekend getaway to Columbia, and came across a couple of nice little brew pubs, and sample several nice beers.

Flat Branch:  Ed's IPA, Oil Change Oatmeal Stout, Honey Wheat, Imperial Stout, Irish Red, Belgian Golden Ale

Geez Sneeds...did you leave any room for some food!  :laugh:

ironpeddler said:

Geez Sneeds...did you leave any room for some food!  :laugh:

Why?  Beer- a sandwich in every glass!

gallery_1425_1582_97900.jpg

gallery_1425_1582_3072.jpg

gallery_1425_1582_15102.jpg

Bsneed51 said:

Great trip to Columbia!  I've been to Flat Branch more than I care to admit, but haven't tried Broadway Brewery yet.  When I walk by it I always say "I need to go have a beer" and then my wife slaps the side of my head.

mu mike said:

Great trip to Columbia!  I've been to Flat Branch more than I care to admit, but haven't tried Broadway Brewery yet.  When I walk by it I always say "I need to go have a beer" and then my wife slaps the side of my head.
I thought the beers I had at Broadway were actually better than Flat Branch. 

If you like chocolate porter you really ought to give this a try. I'm a big fan of chocolate also. I especially like Rogue and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. I think Shake chocolate porter is a little lighter and sweeter than the stout. Definitely on my buy again list.

Rogue Chocolate is my favorite so far. The Rogue Double Chocolate is coming out any day now. I'm going to buy a case once it hits shelves.

Rod said:
Rogue Chocolate is my favorite so far. The Rogue Double Chocolate is coming out any day now. I'm going to buy a case once it hits shelves.
I'm surprised you can't get the double. The shelfs here have been loaded with it a summer and fall. My guess is its last years stock.

Starr Hill Monticello 

Had a bottle of this ale last week that had been sitting in my fridge for several months and thought it was really nice. So I went out and bought one Friday and put it in the fridge. Had it last night and was really disappointed.

Can't figure out if it was this, or the Redskins play that left a bitter taste in my mouth last night.

I spoke with Rogue directly, and they said that Rogue DC gets brewed in Nov and released in Dec. They stop producing it in March. So you must be seeing stock from last year. Apparently it goes fast, so BevMo is supposed to call me when they receive it. 

Rod said:
I spoke with Rogue directly, and they said that Rogue DC gets brewed in Nov and released in Dec. They stop producing it in March. So you must be seeing stock from last year. Apparently it goes fast, so BevMo is supposed to call me when they receive it. 

If you like the regular Chocolate then you will LOVE the double!! 

Three Floyds Dreadnaught
Ei8ght Ball Brewing Prodigal Son  
Seirra Nevada Black IPA

Back