• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2013

Bourbon County Coffee, so good!!!

gallery_1425_1181_23812.jpg

Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Impy Stout.  This flies under the radar but is excellent.

gallery_1425_1181_2737.jpg

Abyss '12 and a Boulevard Saison-Brett from '11, talk about two beers being worlds apart...

mu mike said:
Bourbon County Coffee, so good!!!

gallery_1425_1181_23812.jpg

Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Impy Stout.  This flies under the radar but is excellent.

gallery_1425_1181_2737.jpg
I had to beg at two different stores to get 1 bottle of the BCC and two bottles of the BCS this year.  I still have all of it in the beer fridge.  :D   I haven't tried the Schlafly Reserve but I should be able to find it here.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I think I've mentioned it before but if you can find the Prairie Noir give it a try.  You might also look for the Prairie Bomb.  I missed it the first time is showed up here but the local just got 15 more cases and I grabbed one of the pricy 4 packs ($29.99).

I used to post pics of the beers I was drinking.  I think I'll join Mike.

Lagunitas Lucky 13
282om7o.jpg

Tried a Spaten Optimator Doppelbock tonight at the local pub.  Really terrific, even better than their Oktoberfest.

If you like dopplebocks, look around for Weihenstephaner Korbinian.  It's everything a dopplebock should be, in my opinion.

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout
16j29v9.jpg

The Black Cloud said:
If you like dopplebocks, look around for Weihenstephaner Korbinian.  It's everything a dopplebock should be, in my opinion.

I've yet to have anything from Weihenstephaner or Ayinger that wasn't excellent.

LarryH said:

I had to beg at two different stores to get 1 bottle of the BCC and two bottles of the BCS this year.  I still have all of it in the beer fridge.  :D   I haven't tried the Schlafly Reserve but I should be able to find it here.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I think I've mentioned it before but if you can find the Prairie Noir give it a try.  You might also look for the Prairie Bomb.  I missed it the first time is showed up here but the local just got 15 more cases and I grabbed one of the pricy 4 packs ($29.99).

Larry, I highly recommend the Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout.  It's not BCBS of course, but it's very good.  Perhaps a little sweeter and definitely not as strong nor as bourbon forward as BCBS, but excellent and reasonably priced ($11 or so per bomber).

And get to drinking your Bourbon County!!  :D

mu mike said:

Larry, I highly recommend the Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout.  It's not BCBS of course, but it's very good.  Perhaps a little sweeter and definitely not as strong nor as bourbon forward as BCBS, but excellent and reasonably priced ($11 or so per bomber).

And get to drinking your Bourbon County!!  :D

I'll definitely try to get some of the SBBIS.   :whistling:  BTW, from ratebeer the Prairie Noir is an "Imperial stout aged in Jamaican rum barrels" (not bourbon as I thought) and the Bomb is an "Imperial Stout aged on coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla beans and chili peppers."   I got the chili peppers on the nose and then on the finish as just a little heat that lingered, and lingered, and...  I'm holding the remaining three bottles until the weather is a bit cooler. :D

Nice!  We do get some Prairie stuff so I'll look for it.  I think you mentioned it before but I never got any - I won't make that mistake again.  Love the flavors listed for the Bomb!

Presidente......so much Presidente ??? 

gallery_1425_1181_31436.jpg

My favorite bourbon barrel barleywine: Firestone Walker Sucaba