• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2018)

Since the hazy IPA craze hit after I quit drinking, what is the draw? I'm assuming mouth feel? My BJCP brain will always see it as a flaw I think, even though I know it's obviously intentional.
Mouthfeel is like velvet! Taste is very juicy without the bitterness.
Treehouse Julius is a very fitting name. Imagine as if you’re drinking a non frozen fusion of Orange Julius and IPA (and it surprisingly works well). I used to love Surly Furious and was excited when my local got it last week. I drank one last night to find NE IPA’s have evidently ruined it for me and I didn’t enjoy it like I remembered.

Oats are indeed a large percentage of the grain bill.

You and John are lucky to have those great brews in your back yard! The haze is slowly coming to Texas. In my opinion it’s hard to compare to the great brews you guys are drinking :p:p:p

The only one that might come close is “The day of dead” by Tupps

How about the beer you didn't drink? I went out to a family dinner yesterday evening and they had a pint of Old Rasputin for $12 on the menu. GTFO. I could probably buy a 4-pack of it for that price.

Apple Brandy Noir, was released last week. I've had one already, man are they good. I can't get a picture to load.

Fifty Fifty 2017 Eclipse Imperial Stout

Awesome stout but not for $23 a bottle.
I can’t get a picture to load.
94896A95-5B85-44DC-BDBC-8166AAE7F31B.jpeg

Edit: added pic

Last edited:
How about the beer you didn't drink? I went out to a family dinner yesterday evening and they had a pint of Old Rasputin for $12 on the menu. GTFO. I could probably buy a 4-pack of it for that price.
Spent a lot of time in Ft Bragg this summer for work, that shit was everywhere.

I’m heading to westerly tomorrow for the day. I’ll keep my eyes peeled!

See if you can get over to Grey Sail! Their pour judgement IPA is tasty (not quite NE style but still good), and the Captains Daughter DIPA is off the charts.

Had some beer from San Diego yesterday. You gotta love the nautical theme. The beer ain't bad either. I'd buy it again.
40287.jpg

Doc

This is the first beer I've had that is aged in white wine barrels. It was unlike anything I've ever had. The peach was just a hint, as was the wood. I'm a huge fan on Hardywood, which is a local brewer in Richmond.
View attachment 22919
Ilove that beer and am digging their new Fresh Series releases. I know you don’t like IPA’s, but it’s more for me. :)

We need to plan a trip to that brewery one Saturday.

That stuff probably tastes wonderful, but it ain't beer. Beer is for the masses and the masses don't drink beer that has essences of stone fruit.;) There's only two things that beer needs to be, cold and large quantities. :cool:

Doc

That stuff probably tastes wonderful, but it ain't beer. Beer is for the masses and the masses don't drink beer that has essences of stone fruit.;) There's only two things that beer needs to be, cold and large quantities. :cool:

Doc

Get oft my lawn, ya damn hippies! Beer needs to be dark/roasty/full of flavor and improves as it warms :)