• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the States for training this week, so I got to hit up some American beers!

Friends had me and my crew over for a barbecue, so I showed up with 2 bottles of Ommegang Hennepin. It was my first time trying a Saison, and it didn't disappoint. It went over with everyone very well.

Southern Tier Pumking on tap at the brewery. :thumbs:

Oooh I've been wanting to try that one but never had the chance. Maybe I'll pick a few up on my east coast site hookup this year.

Tonight I had some beers as a part of my post-birthday dinner/weekend with my family. FYI The Covey is a brewpub in Fort Worth that makes great cutting edge beers. I just missed their Coconut Porter which I really wanted to try but oh well...

Rahr Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer
The Covey "100" Belgian Style Dark Ale
The Covey Texas "Peaches" Wheat
The Covey Pather City Porter
Stone Ruination
Happy Late Birthday my friend .. sorry I missed that.

Southern Tier Pumking is an interesting beer, tasted just like pie to me .... I liked it a lot! You should get a bottle or 2 to try.

Pumking was tapped a week or so ago. They should be bottling now. I'm heading over there this weekend. An update will follow.

Southern Tier Pumking on tap at the brewery. :thumbs:

Oooh I've been wanting to try that one but never had the chance. Maybe I'll pick a few up on my east coast site hookup this year.

Tonight I had some beers as a part of my post-birthday dinner/weekend with my family. FYI The Covey is a brewpub in Fort Worth that makes great cutting edge beers. I just missed their Coconut Porter which I really wanted to try but oh well...

Rahr Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer
The Covey "100" Belgian Style Dark Ale
The Covey Texas "Peaches" Wheat
The Covey Pather City Porter
Stone Ruination
Happy Late Birthday my friend .. sorry I missed that.

Southern Tier Pumking is an interesting beer, tasted just like pie to me .... I liked it a lot! You should get a bottle or 2 to try.

Pumking was tapped a week or so ago. They should be bottling now. I'm heading over there this weekend. An update will follow.

Didn't even have to make a road trip. Pumking is being bottled and will be winging cross country as I type.

P.S. - Enjoyed Great Lakes Elliot Ness @ EBC Railbender trackside at The BrewErie tonight.

Didn't even have to make a road trip. Pumking is being bottled and will be winging cross country as I type.

P.S. - Enjoyed Great Lakes Elliot Ness @ EBC Railbender trackside at The BrewErie tonight.

I read on BA that's it's already on shelves at many places around the country. TX doesn't get Southern Tier so I'll have to import it...lol.

I ventured over to Wisconsin today, just over the border to Hudson. I was surprised at the selection they had. Oskar Blues and Three Floyds. Fng scored some nice beer.

Today I cracked open a Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and a Gordon's Red Ale. The Gordon's was fantastic. The Dale's was alright.

Had a bottle of Rogue Brutal Bitter IPA. Pretty good IPA, with the floral hoppiness settling into the background, and just straight bitter up front. Really shines once it warms up a little bit. Out of the fridge all the flavors were a bit muted.

I ventured over to Wisconsin today, just over the border to Hudson. I was surprised at the selection they had. Oskar Blues and Three Floyds. Fng scored some nice beer.

Today I cracked open a Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and a Gordon's Red Ale. The Gordon's was fantastic. The Dale's was alright.

Check the freshness on the cans next time...it's on the bottom. Fresh Dale's is great stuff...after a few months it turns to meh.

Last night I had a Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin'. Good beer but not what I expected from a Pale Wheat Ale.

Popped open a Firestone-Walker 13 that is fantastic! A bit thin in body and carbonation but the flavors and aromas are awesome. Thanks to Mike for trading me this!

Popped open a Firestone-Walker 13 that is fantastic! A bit thin in body and carbonation but the flavors and aromas are awesome. Thanks to Mike for trading me this!

Have you tried the other FW anniversaries? Curios as to which you like best.

What was the base of XI?

I was lucky enough to try 10 at a BA party but its not my favorite. So far, 12 is my personal favorite. Justin, Merkin coming out in 6 packs and Abacus should be bottled soon too.

This was my first FW Anni beer and it didn't dissapoint. If someone has a 10, 11, or 12 they want to sell or trade let me know. :thumbs:

BTW when Abacus is bottled I will be looking for at least 2 bottles. :)

Polishing off a Stone Imperial Russian Stout tonight. Seriously decadent beer... complex and alcoholy.

This was my first FW Anni beer and it didn't dissapoint. If someone has a 10, 11, or 12 they want to sell or trade let me know. :thumbs:

BTW when Abacus is bottled I will be looking for at least 2 bottles. :)

Mike should have talked to you. Between us, we have to get you and Justin BT, Abacus and FW 14. Hopefully Abacus isn't as much of a mess as Parabola. The 13 was easier and more manageable to get and sat on store shelves a bit. Parabola, maybe because it was only 15-18 for a bomber, was gone within 3 days after it hit Southern California.

Yeah the Parabola release was weird...there were at least 1,000 cases made so I don't know why it was hard to get. I think they distributed it to more areas/states than 13. Anyway...thanks for all you do, guys!

Vanilla BCS could be as big of a mess as Parabola. We'll see how that one goes in October...

Oaked Arrogant Bastard and Rogue Dead Guy Ale after some of the comments ^^^^. Yum to both, I prefer the AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.