• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 Founders KBS. A year has been kind to this beer, but I don't know how much longer until it's on the downside. Probably should finish drinking what I have left soon.

DFH Bitches Brew - damn fine imperial stout...thanks Mike!

2009 Big Sky Ivan the Terrible...holy crap this is good! Now I have to get more of these...

2009 Big Sky Ivan the Terrible...holy crap this is good! Now I have to get more of these...

Montana in the house! I can get as much as you want if you want to pay shipping too (trying to cut back on trading). Let me know if you want some.

Drinking homebrew black IPA here, great start to my house recipe. Couple tweaks and I'll be set.

At lunch today:

a pint of Ladyface barrel aged Weizenbock. Solid stuff.
couple pints of Velvet Merlin. VERY solid stuff.
Port Panzer imp pilsner right now. Good stuff. Probably wouldn't reach for it again. Hoppy, but not in an IPA way, obviously. Taste the alcohol. Starting to feel the alcohol.

Couple Victory Hop Wallops today and a couple snifters Highland Little Hump Spring Ale, which I wasn't sure about but really enjoyed.

Last night - Southern Tier IPA and Erie Brewing Drakes Crude Oatmeal Stout.

Firestone 14 - Anniversary Ale

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

Grade: A (4.4)

An American strong ale from Firestone Walker Brewing Co. in Paso Robles, CA.

A. Pours a dark brown with a two finger head. Great retention. 4.5

S. Bourbon, malt, molasses and a nutty character. 4.3

T. Bourbon, vanilla and very malty. Maybe a little oaky. Reminiscent of Founder's KBS...maybe even a bit richer and slightly better to my taste. Very nice chocolate tones. 4.5

M. Very creamy. Moderate carbonation which fits this beer perfectly. 4.6

D. ABV is 12.5%. High ABV is apparent, but doesn't deter from this quite complex offering. 4.3

Summary: A great anniversary offering from Firestone. I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is a very good beer. Balanced, complex and has a great deal of substance about it. Will age very gracefully. Would pair very well with a 2001 SLR double corona.

Presentation: 650ml bottle

IMG_8632.jpg

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

T. Bourbon, vanilla and very malty. Maybe a little oaky. Reminiscent of Founder's KBS...maybe even a bit richer and slightly better to my taste. Very nice chocolate tones. 4.5

D. ABV is 12.5%. High ABV is apparent, but doesn't deter from this quite complex offering. 4.3

Summary: A great anniversary offering from Firestone. I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is a very good beer. Balanced, complex and has a great deal of substance about it. Will age very gracefully. Would pair very well with a 2001 SLR double corona.

Excellent review! This sounds like something that would hit my palate just right! Time to go do some researching. :D

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

IMG_8632.jpg

Very nice review Bobby! I haven't had the 14 yet. Have a few taking a nap, I may have to wake one up :)

Oh there is a local in the San Fernando Valley that still has some @ $23 a bottle I think

FYI. Abacus, one of the base beers used to blend the Firestone Anniversary brews has been released. It should be hitting east coast stores within the month. Its good. Don't think its the best of the base beers but its a pretty good barleywine.

-Chico

Thanks for the kind words guys. The Firestone - 14 was great. This stuff was unreal! Paired with a 70s Partagas Dunhill Seleccion 150.

f08e59ea.jpg

Enjoyed a collaboration Scotch Ale from Green Flash / Pizza Port / Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.