• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this on Thursday night:

gallery_1425_515_504.jpg

Just not my style (not a hop head).  I appreciate the quality, but it smells like a dirty dish towel with pine sol.

Last night:

gallery_1425_515_8884.jpg

and

gallery_1425_515_28002.jpg

Parabola was, as always, world class.  And the Lagunitas Impy Stout really surprised me, it was very tasty.  I'm not a big Lagunitas fan for some reason, but this was really good.

I'm not a huge hop head myself Mike, but I love Hopslam! I don't know if it's a by product of fermented honey, but I love the buzz that stuff gives me. :whistling:

A couple Real Ale 15th Anniversary Ale Imperial Stouts that Joebunaga  gifted me. This is one of the best stouts I have ever had! It reminds me of Old Rasputin but with a little more smoothness and depth.  :thumbs:

wkoti said:
Left Hand Milk Stout
photo_zps933a1106.jpg

Beer and painkillers?  :0 That's gotta feel good!  :D

I had some of this a couple of weeks ago.,it reminded me of a chocolate milkshake with a kick.

Edit: To correct spelling

jfields said:
I'm not a huge hop head myself Mike, but I love Hopslam! I don't know if it's a by product of fermented honey, but I love the buzz that stuff gives me. :whistling:

If I didn't have to smell it, I would probably drink more of it.  Smells like a dirty dish rag and pine sol.  LOL  But the flavor is interesting, I'll definitely agree there.  Almost like biting into a tropical fruit.

CulturedHick said:
A couple Real Ale 15th Anniversary Ale Imperial Stouts that Joebunaga  gifted me. This is one of the best stouts I have ever had! It reminds me of Old Rasputin but with a little more smoothness and depth.  :thumbs:

Joe is sneaky!  He bombed me a couple of those as well, and I agree it - it's a solid stout!

Tall Paul said:
Founders Breakfast Stout
Goose Island Night Stalker

Nothing wrong with those choices, but I've definitely soured on FBS.  Too thin, too artificial.  As for the Nightstalker, not bad but so many other stouts I'd reach for first.  Look for Big John by Goose Island as well Paul, it's a better base stout IMO.

My gameday included these tonight:

Firestone Walker Double DBA - awesome.
Founder Backwoods Bastard - awesome.
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy - awesome.

Sense a theme?  :laugh:

mu mike said:

If I didn't have to smell it, I would probably drink more of it.  Smells like a dirty dish rag and pine sol.  LOL  But the flavor is interesting, I'll definitely agree there.  Almost like biting into a tropical fruit.

CulturedHick said:
>A couple Real Ale 15th Anniversary Ale Imperial Stouts that Joebunaga  gifted me. This is one of the best stouts I have ever had! It reminds me of Old Rasputin but with a little more smoothness and depth.  :thumbs:

Joe is sneaky!  He bombed me a couple of those as well, and I agree it - it's a solid stout!

Tall Paul said:
Founders Breakfast Stout
Goose Island Night Stalker

Nothing wrong with those choices, but I've definitely soured on FBS.  Too thin, too artificial.  As for the Nightstalker, not bad but so many other stouts I'd reach for first.  Look for Big John by Goose Island as well Paul, it's a better base stout IMO.

My gameday included these tonight:

Firestone Walker Double DBA - awesome.
Founder Backwoods Bastard - awesome.
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy - awesome.

Sense a theme?  :laugh:

Will do!

I am finishing off the game with a Ten Fidy as well. 4 am is going to come fast!

Paul

dont shun me for saying this but sunday i had the Budweiser Black crown and it was not horrible, had a nice color, flavor and actually had head

Bxcigrfan said:
dont shun me for saying this but sunday i had the Budweiser Black crown and it was not horrible, had a nice color, flavor and actually had head

I think is more likely we shun you for not using your damn shift key and some punctuation...  :laugh:

My buddy had these on Sunday as well and said the same. He really liked them.

Tall Paul said:

I think is more likely we shun you for not using your damn shift key and some punctuation...  :laugh:

My buddy had these on Sunday as well and said the same. He really liked them.
punctuationwhatisthispunctuationyoutalkabout

Had yesterday off and went on a little beer tour.

Lunch
was at a local brewpub called Whip In, where I was able to sample The Devil's Share(a bourbon barrel aged Belgian tripel) and The Highlander(a
bourbon barrel aged strong scotch ale) from Real Ale.

I then went home and took a good solid nap.

Later that afternoon I went to the Black Star Co-Op and had a Crotchety Dockhand(nice roasted coffee Imperial) and a Mobius( a nitro'd Russian Imperial that had a nice molasses finish). I had just ordered gotten the Mobius and was debating an early dinner when my phone rang. I'd been stalking a keg at another brewpub and it was the manager of the place calling me to tell me they'd finally tapped it! I finished my Mobius and an SSM and headed to my final stop. 

Two beers later I was headed back home with a pair of 64oz growlers of...
[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1695]

I was wrecked, but happy.

Had two Victory Storm King Stouts with dinner but that doesn't compair to Joes day... LOL

Where the hell can I find this Abyss! There distributors map doesn't come to the East Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.