• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boltcutter does seem to be getting better.  I was pretty underwhelmed when I first had it upon release.  It also starts opening up after it warms up a bit.  In a pint glass though? :p

Hit up Kuhnhenn's Summer Solstice over the weekends.  Smoked a cigar with Brett Kuhnhenn and drank some TRIPA.

Some Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' and FW DBA at the beach yesterday.  SA Merry Mischief today.  Nothing like a hot summer day for a winter warmer stout.

Had a great tasting over the weekend with some buddies:

gallery_1425_1181_98919.jpg

Sorry for the gigantic pic!

Founders Bolt Cutter
Bourbon County Stout from 2009
Three Floyd's Permanent Funeral
Founders Better Half
Perennial Barrel Aged Abraxas
Westbrook Mexican Cake

Hurricane Ditka said:
Boltcutter does seem to be getting better.  I was pretty underwhelmed when I first had it upon release.  It also starts opening up after it warms up a bit.  In a pint glass though? :p

Agreed, the Bolt Cutter is drinking great right now.  And I know on the pint glasses, but these guys are known to break things and I didn't want them breaking my good glasses!

mu mike said:

Mothers Brewing MILF

What did you think of the MILF Brent?

I actually really liked it.  Better than the Doom.   That's the first beer I've tried from Mothers, but I will definitely check out some more.

Bsneed51 said:

Mothers Brewing MILF

I actually really liked it.  Better than the Doom.   That's the first beer I've tried from Mothers, but I will definitely check out some more.

Better than Doom?  I didn't think much of Doom, but liked MILF even less.  Of course, that was fresh at release and it was really hot and kind of a mess.  I should revisit.

As for Mother's in general, they do some good stuff, and just some "OK" stuff.  I think their core line is just ok, but some of their special releases have been really good.  Let me know if you need anything from them that you can't find in KC.  I try to go by there every so often just to have a beer or three in the tap room.

Some modelos and bud lights with some spam musubi at the beach.  Sipping on some Sucks right now.

Not A Nice Person said:
I've got a couple heavyweight pint glasses chilling in the freezer for when I crack this later . . . 

1_18042832_3.jpg

~Boar
Where do you buy this?

mu mike said:

Mothers Brewing MILF

Better than Doom?  I didn't think much of Doom, but liked MILF even less.  Of course, that was fresh at release and it was really hot and kind of a mess.  I should revisit.

As for Mother's in general, they do some good stuff, and just some "OK" stuff.  I think their core line is just ok, but some of their special releases have been really good.  Let me know if you need anything from them that you can't find in KC.  I try to go by there every so often just to have a beer or three in the tap room.

I didn't like Doom at first, and I was 50/50 on it when I finished my glass of it.  The bottle of MILF I drank wasn't really alcohol hot, and I thought it was unique.  I guess when you've had a lot of barrel aged stouts, one that is unique sorta stands out.  I split the bottle with a friend, so I may need to revisit it sometime and see if my opinion changes with a bigger sample.

I couldn't resist and I opened up my 3rd bottle of Bourbon County.  Followed it up with Vampire Slayer.  Should have switched the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.