• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm last night ...

Blue Frog DIPA
Lost Abbey Avant Garde
Ayinger Dunkel

After Dinner we had ...

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest
Steelhead Scotch Porter
Black Butte XX
Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout

Training for Stone's 12th Anni Beerfest

edit for spelling

Currently drinking Left Hand Brewing Imperial Stout and writing the review

This past weekend: :love:

08.08.08 Vertical Epic
2008 Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Southern Tier Creme Brulee
Black Butte XX
Odell IPA (new keg, just finished the Gordon)
2005 Burton Baton
Belgian Strong Dark - buddies home brew

08.08.08 Vertical Epic
Black Butte XX
2005 Burton Baton

Nice weekend. I had a bottle of the Creme Brulee over vacation. Amazing aroma. Went great with a RyJ Churchill. For some reason most of our stores got stiffed on the Creme Brulee. I got the last bottle from a store.

Drank a bottle of the Deschutes 20th Anniversary Wit today. Quite nice. I'll have to review the next bottle.

08.08.08 Vertical Epic
Black Butte XX
2005 Burton Baton

Nice weekend. I had a bottle of the Creme Brulee over vacation. Amazing aroma. Went great with a RyJ Churchill. For some reason most of our stores got stiffed on the Creme Brulee. I got the last bottle from a store.

Exactly Pete! The aroma was freaking huge. The taste however was sooooo sweet a few ounces is all the 4 of us who shared it could handle.

After several Labatt Blue's on the course and in the clubhouse yesterday, I spotted several cans of Bud Light & Clamato in 16 ounce cans. I had never mixed tomato juice with my beer, let alone adding clam juice to the mix. Thinking you only live once, I tried one. It was...interesting. Tomato overtones with a spicy finish that overpowered the beer (not that it would have been difficult with Bud Light).

This morning as I sit in front of the computer trying to remember what I may have posted last night, the stomach is doing flip flops. Not sure if that's from the Clamato, the Blue, or a combination of everything.

I herfed it up with some local BOTL's yesterday. I had a Young's Double Chocolate Stout paired with a PAM Exclusivo. I also cracked open a bottle of Stone Imperial Russian Stout that I received from Jonas. That was quite the hit with everyone at the herf! :thumbs:

08.08.08 Vertical Epic
Black Butte XX
2005 Burton Baton

Exactly Pete! The aroma was freaking huge. The taste however was sooooo sweet a few ounces is all the 4 of us who shared it could handle.
SO, you're saying I shouldn't drink the bottle that I have alone?

I herfed it up with some local BOTL's yesterday. I had a Young's Double Chocolate Stout paired with a PAM Exclusivo. I also cracked open a bottle of Stone Imperial Russian Stout that I received from Jonas. That was quite the hit with everyone at the herf! :thumbs:

Indeed! That was some great stuff Jon :thumbs:

Went to the Stone 12th Anni Beerfest and had a great time. Tons of fun and met great people, talked to a few master brewers and had a BBQ Duck Burrito ... YUM! Had some of Mike's Beer Cheese too, like Cheeze wiz on steroids :thumbs: . As for the beers here is my list of tasters.
  1. Duchesse De Bourgogne
  2. Avery Ale To The Chief
  3. Alesmith Nautical Nut Brown Ale
  4. BrewDog Ltd Rip Tide
  5. Ommegang (Abbey Ale)
  6. Pizza Port Stunna Shade Stout
  7. Port Brewery Witch's Wit
  8. Russian River Pliny The Elder
  9. The Bruery Humulus Bruin
  10. Stone Smoked Porter With Vanilla Bean

I really enjoyed all these beers but my favorites were Rip Tide and Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla Bean.
These 2 were soo smooth and creamy it was like having chocolate dessert.

I also talked to the master brewer for the Smoked Porter and asked if they planned on bottling the Vanilla Bean, he said funny I asked cause they were considering and talking about it ....so I am thinking 13th Anni might be next years new brew. :whistling: ???

Yesterday, I had 4 bottles of a strawberry wheat ale that I produced, along with a Cohiba XV.
Enjoyed both!

I tried a couple of Boulevard's Smokestack beers over the weekend. The Sixth Glass quad was pretty decent, very sweet, malty and fruity, but a little too much alcohol flavor that really distracted from the brew. The Long Strange Tripel was also decent, but was much sweeter than I would have liked. It, too, had a lot of sweet fruity flavor going on, and no alcohol flavor messing things up. Of the four, I like their Saison the best, and it's probably the only one I will buy again.

I also drank several bottles of Sam Adams Summer Ale. I am just loving this beer! I'd be hard pressed to choose between this and Mothership Wit, as they are both outstanding, and Boulevard Zon is right up there as well. It's too bad wit season is almost over. :( I don't know what happened, but I really fell in love with wits this year, whereas I never really liked them very much before.

I am entertaining some buddies this weekend. So far, it has been -- college football, cigars, and beer. The beer menu includes (nothing fancy):

New Belgium Fat Tire
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat
A sampler of Samuel Adams Summer Style

And last but not (yet at) least a bottle of Allagash Grand Cru provided by denverdog.

You are the man, Jonas!!! :thumbs:

Well, yesterday I started out with an Arrogant Bastard. While sitting there, I thought of all those beers that you see with limes or a slice of orange or even lemon. I then looked at the AB and thought, what if...... and then walked out to the hops growing in the back, picked some and took one of the ones I picked, squeezed it and then threw it in the Arrogant Bastard. It was quite a pleasnt touch to that beer, giving it a fresh aroma and just a slight fresh hop bitterness and flavor, most enjoyable!! I then proceeded to hit some of the IPA's that I got in Jonesy's box earlier in the week, and threw in a fresh hop each time, it really seemed to freshen the brews up and some of my company started doing the same. I think we're onto something here!! :laugh:

I'm about to crack open a couple Oaked Bastards. :)

These were horrible, both drain pours! :(

I'd had these in the cellar for apparently too long, and the oak had taken over the beer, leaving nothing but the overwhelming oak flavor and some hops that I guess I'd describe as stale tasting.

I had to recover with some always dependable Bayern Doppelbock. :thumbs:

Saturday night I had:
Westmalle Trappist Dubbel
Blind Pig IPA
Pliny the Elder
Shark Attack Double Red Ale
Paul's home brewed Xmas Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.