• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened my first Southern Tier Pumking of the season. It is still the king of the pumpkin beers!

Being a relative newb to craft beers, I had my first "real" beer only about a year ago. At that time I made an IPA and tried a Stone Ruination which I found to be like drinking Draino, but I sort of liked it.. sort of. I saved one bottle from a year ago and busted it open last night and found it simply amazing. It was just absolutely delicious! I didn't find it overpowering at all, just pure deliciousness.

Love me some hops!

There were still hops after a year?

Ramstein Winter Wheat
Bayern Doppelbock x 3
Founders Breakfas Stout
Victory 10 Year Alt
Ten Fidy OR

:drunk:

Being a relative newb to craft beers, I had my first "real" beer only about a year ago. At that time I made an IPA and tried a Stone Ruination which I found to be like drinking Draino, but I sort of liked it.. sort of. I saved one bottle from a year ago and busted it open last night and found it simply amazing. It was just absolutely delicious! I didn't find it overpowering at all, just pure deliciousness.

Love me some hops!

Thinking the same thing...how were the malts?

Ramstein Winter Wheat
Bayern Doppelbock x 3
Founders Breakfas Stout
Victory 10 Year Alt
Ten Fidy OR

And you are still able to type on the boards?

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale...Damn nice. :thumbs:
Nice

Had an Alpine Nelson ... this was awesome, I can compare this to Sculpin. Instead of the in you face hops and malt tropical fruit flavor, Nelson has a mellow hop bitterness with a nice sweet backbone. Apricot, citrus, pineapple....this has turned into one of my favorite IPA's.

I am watching all the football I can while enjoying some Hoptoberfest. Excellent I must say.

This weekend enjoyed an Alpine Pure Hoppiness, Alpine Nelson Rye, and Paulaner Oktoberfest-Märzen

Love me some hops!

Ha! Well maybe that is why I felt like it mellowed a good bit. There were definitely still hops, it tasted more like a very good IPA. It was definitely still hoppy, but was just a lot more balanced. I guess I hadn't thought about the hops flavor dying off, but that totally makes sense now.

Last night I my last homebrew American Amber. I'll need to make some more somtime.

BIL just got back from some sort of conference in Billings and brought me a few bottles of Pig's Ass Porter. Justin sent me one of these in the past and I enjoyed it very much. Had one last night while watching the football game.

It's been November for a month here, brown ales, porters, and stouts are very welcome in my house right now.

Had me a Surly Furious yesterday while shopping at Whole Foods. Love that place, and only Surly I've seen in Illinois.

Ramstein Winter Wheat
Bayern Doppelbock x 3
Founders Breakfas Stout
Victory 10 Year Alt
Ten Fidy OR

:laugh:

Got to try Surly's Wet on tap Saturday night. Pretty good. I'm becoming quite fond of wet-hopped ales. Still loving Founder's Harvest Ale.

BIL just got back from some sort of conference in Billings and brought me a few bottles of Pig's Ass Porter. Justin sent me one of these in the past and I enjoyed it very much. Had one last night while watching the football game.

It's been November for a month here, brown ales, porters, and stouts are very welcome in my house right now.

I love that beer, and to make it even better they'll have it in cans by the first of the year!

I really enjoyed that Pigs Ass Porter Justin sent me as well.

Tonight after a bad day I had to blow off some steam:
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Deschutes Jubelale
Real Ale Coffee Porter
Harpoon Leviathon Imperial IPA

Good thing I don't have to be at work till late tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.