• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Justin. The beer drinking public of this great nation felt your absence. Haha.

Had a Talisker DE to enjoy with an Island Prince Dark Momona (Kauai Cigar Company - Thanks PutxMulligan)

It's been a while since I have been on. Last Night was a buddy of mine's birthday, I drank a Southern Tier PumpKing, 3 Southern Tier Hop Sun, A stone 08 Vertical Epic, A Delirium Tremens, 2 Hoegardens and A couple shots of Jack to cleanse my pallet.
Wow...quite a lineup! What did you think of the PumKing?

Had a Yazoo Dos Perros last night. I'm looking forward to try the Left Hand Milk Stout I got with the Yazoo.

It's been a while since I have been on. Last Night was a buddy of mine's birthday, I drank a Southern Tier PumpKing, 3 Southern Tier Hop Sun, A stone 08 Vertical Epic, A Delirium Tremens, 2 Hoegardens and A couple shots of Jack to cleanse my pallet.
Wow...quite a lineup! What did you think of the PumKing?

I drank one on Friday watching my Jayhawk lose a heartbreaker. Great aroma, the flavor was nice too. I'd recommend it, if you're a fan of pumpkin brews. Here was my review:

22oz bomber served in a chalice. Copper colored pour with a quickly dissipating head. Fantastic aroma of pumpkin pie spices, cinnamon, nutmeg even some bready pie crust. Taste is more spice with fruit. There is a bit of hop bitterness in the middle. The finish of spice lingers long. There is a little bit of alcohol as it warms. One bottle is plenty. Like the Creme Brulee, the aroma alone is worth the price of admission.

Being a man of simple tastes, I had a Sam early in the evening, then Henny with a Fonseca figurado out of my noob sampler (thanks, Jeff!) when my friend came over to geek and configure ssh on the server.

Life is good, albeit simple. :D

Last night I had a Troegs Scratch #13 (Oktoberfest Marzen) with my dinner of sausage & peppers, followed by a Founders Breakfast Stout for dessert!

I've been trying to finish off my summer stockpile of witbiers and Goose Island Summertime (I love that beer!). I also picked up a six pack of Schell stout, as I hadn't seen it before, I love stouts, and most Schell brews are pretty decent. It, too, was pretty decent.

I also came across a few six packs I hadn't noticed in my cellar that need to be drunk pretty quickly, if they aren't already going south: Boulevard Nutcracker, Anchor Christmas Ale, and Paulaner Oktoberfest from 2007. Oops. We'll see whether they've survived. I'm not too worried about the X-mas ales, as their nature should help them stand up to a little time, but the O-fest is probably pretty musty by now.

Well had a couple of bottle of 90 Minute IPA ... and they were great! I really like Troeggs Nugget Nectar but I love the 90 Minute IPA. This was so smooth and really balanced. This is by far my favorite IPA. :thumbs:

Well had a couple of bottle of 90 Minute IPA ... and they were great! I really like Troeggs Nugget Nectar but I love the 90 Minute IPA. This was so smooth and really balanced. This is by far my favorite IPA. :thumbs:
The 90 min is a damn good DIPA. Probably my favorite of those available year-round. NN is more of a hopped-up amber, so I don't really compare the two.

Last night I had a Troegs Scratch #13 (Oktoberfest Marzen) with my dinner of sausage & peppers, followed by a Founders Breakfast Stout for dessert!

Yum Yum Yum! That sounds fantastic. My mouth is watering. :thumbs:

A couple by De Profe last night.. The Saison Imperiale - Belgian Farmhouse Ale and De Proef Reserve Signature Ale (w/ Tomme Aurthur).

While I was in NC last week I had several good beers. While over at Hillbilly Steaks house we split a Rodenbach Gran Cru and a Grand Cru of the Emperor. I also found a Southampton RIS tucked away behind the counter at a little shop. The guy wanted a bit more than I expected for it but it was worth it. Damn good beer.

The 90 min is a damn good DIPA. Probably my favorite of those available year-round. NN is more of a hopped-up amber, so I don't really compare the two.

I do love the 90 Minute IPA and always have at least one 4 pack or so in the fridge but IMO it is a bad example of the style. It is far to roasty and malty to truly fit into the American IPA/Double IPA category. Not sure what it should be considered, possibly an English IPA but its a great beer none the less. What say you guys on the subject?

A couple by De Profe last night.. The Saison Imperiale - Belgian Farmhouse Ale and De Proef Reserve Signature Ale (w/ Tomme Aurthur).

While I was in NC last week I had several good beers. While over at Hillbilly Steaks house we split a Rodenbach Gran Cru and a Grand Cru of the Emperor. I also found a Southampton RIS tucked away behind the counter at a little shop. The guy wanted a bit more than I expected for it but it was worth it. Damn good beer.

:thumbs: Good times!

I stopped in at Foothills yesterday and picked up a couple growlers. One of the Oktoberfest and one Stout. Both very good, and the stout makes a mean sausage gravy when added into the mix. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.