• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better than I was expecting.

???

I'm not a huge fan of Pale Ales, or some Belgians for that matter. I had low expectations, but in all honesty this was a very good beer that I could see me drinking again.

You'll come around, just give it some time...

That's by far my favorite non-sour beer they make. I got the recipe for it from Vinnie and try to keep it on tap at all times.

For the last 2 nights I had a Sculpin in 12oz bottles, different than the usual 22oz bottles I get. There is something different ... it did not seem like the same beer in the 12 oz bottles, maybe its me but 12oz and 22oz taste different to me. Oh well. I also had an Aphrodisiaque tonight, mmmmm gooood!

Last night:

Dark Horse Plead the 5th Imperial Stout - damn this was tasty!
Upland Ard Ri Imperial Amber
Lagunitas Brown Shugga

Last night:

Lagunitas Brown Shugga
Plead the 5th, Greg does it live up to the hype?

I'd put it on the same level as Ten Fidy and Brookln Black Chocolate Stout. Very tasty...wish I had more than just that one but it was an extra in a trade I did recently.

Last night:

Lagunitas Brown Shugga

I'd put it on the same level as Ten Fidy and Brookln Black Chocolate Stout. Very tasty...wish I had more than just that one but it was an extra in a trade I did recently.
Good to know ... I heard that the BA version is excellent!!

I'm working on Kerplunk Imperial or Planet Bean or Kerplunk! + Planet Bean = Mocha Stout in trade

Last night:

Lagunitas Brown Shugga

Good to know ... I heard that the BA version is excellent!!

I'm working on Kerplunk Imperial or Planet Bean or Kerplunk! + Planet Bean = Mocha Stout in trade

I was at Dark Horse the other day, and every beer I tried was really good. Cool little dive taproom too.

Southern Tier is brewing their Backburner Barleywine today. :love: Had to have one from my stash to celebrate.

Yesterday:

The Abyss......My new favorite Imperial Stout :love:
UFO Hefeweizen...... Not bad. Needed something light after that big beer.

Today:

Hook and Ladder Backdraft Brown..... Good beer with a nice body to it. Somewhat dry, and I can see myself making it a regular session beer
Hook and Ladder Anniversary Ale......Not bad, but kind of weird for a Dubbel. Little too pungent for my taste.

BORIS the Crusher Oatmeal Stout.

What did you think of this Brent? I've yet to try one, but I hear really good things about BORIS.

BORIS is good stuff...BA BORIS is even better.

Just had a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout from the latest release...yum.

Edit: This past weekend I had an Abyss from 2010...first time TX has received these and they flew off the shelves. I doubt I could find anymore at this point and they just arrived this past Friday.

Edit: This past weekend I had an Abyss from 2010...first time TX has received these and they flew off the shelves. I doubt I could find anymore at this point and they just arrived this past Friday.
That is a bunch of BS (not at you Greg)... Los Angeles hasn't even got allocations yet. WTF man these distributers are horrible :sign: :angry: :angry:

Had a great weekend for beer. Friday I went to Total Wine and grabbed a DIY sixer of Dogfish Head Raison D' Etre x2, World Wide Stout x2, and Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout x2.

The first World Wide I had was a life changing experience to say the least. This batch however seemed to be a little bitter. The alcohol was much more evident this go around. The Raison was great as always. The Brooklyn was tasty, but a shot to the mouth with alcohol.

Then, Saturday a buddy and me went to Bier Garden in Portsmouth, VA. They have over 300 beers available so who would we be if we didn't try at least a dozen... I can't remember exactly the brands that we had but we had a bunch...

That is a bunch of BS (not at you Greg)... Los Angeles hasn't even got allocations yet. WTF man these distributers are horrible :sign: :angry: :angry:

Seriously. I remember last year I saw a bunch of cases of Abyss at Bevmo and like a moron I didn't get any. Now it's nowhere to be found.

Anyway, this weekend I did a heck of a lot of drinking. Stopped by Blue Palms as well as Tony's Friday night and had (IIRC)

Moylan's Ryan Sullivan's Stout (port barrel aged) - didn't dig the port essence in this.
Big Sky Brown - very nice!
some Kona Coffee Imp Stout - don't remember the brewer. Only had a sip but it was excellent!
Anchor Christmas '10 - nice, although not quite as smooth as I remember last year's batch being.

LOL LA distributors must be seriously dumb. TX laws are horrible and it took forever for them to approve the label and get it shipped here. I thought we were going to miss out yet again but they pulled it together and finally got the beer here. Sorry dude but I have a feeling you guys at least got more...most stores out here got like 3 cases if that...

LOL LA distributors must be seriously dumb.

Very ... things are starting to get ugly ... I just saw 2 stores this weekend that just got their shipments of FW 14 ... barely and its been out for what 3-4 months. Who knows what conditions they were kept at .. ??? :(

Sorry dude but I have a feeling you guys at least got more...most stores out here got like 3 cases if that...
I hope 'WE DO GET MORE', at this moment not a single bottle. I hope this doesn't turn out like Dissedent, we still haven't seen a bottle in the LA area.

Had the following with a buddy while watching the Ravens lose on Saturday. Woke up a wee bit groggy on Sunday:

1) A few DFH 90 Minute IPAs
2) A bottle of DFH Bitches Brew
3) A bottle St. Bernardus Abt 12
4) A few bottles of Harpoon Belgian Pale Ales
5) A few bottles of The Raven (by Clipper City)

Status
Not open for further replies.