• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bxcigrfan said:
black cloud it was an awesome day. there were a few that stood out like the whiskey barrel aged from Long Ireland, tasted like butterscotch and another brewer told me that was a bad thing i dont know maybe you guys can shed some light on that.
I liked the big vanilla coffee stout
Haven't heard that before.  Butterscotch is a flavor I look for in very malty beers like barleywines.  Maybe he thought you meant butter, which is in the form of diacetyl.  It gives that popcorn butter flavor which in large amounts can be a clue that the beer is "off".

The Black Cloud said:
black cloud it was an awesome day. there were a few that stood out like the whiskey barrel aged from Long Ireland, tasted like butterscotch and another brewer told me that was a bad thing i dont know maybe you guys can shed some light on that.
I liked the big vanilla coffee stout
Haven't heard that before.  Butterscotch is a flavor I look for in very malty beers like barleywines.  Maybe he thought you meant butter, which is in the form of diacetyl.  It gives that popcorn butter flavor which in large amounts can be a clue that the beer is "off".
yes thats it the "diacetyl" and popcorn butter could not remember that diacetyl word to save my life.

Last night i went to one of my fav beer bars and it was Great Divide Brewery night so i tried
Nomad Pilsner
Hoss Rye Larger
Titan IPA
and HeyDay

and today my coworker drop off these beauties that he was able to obtain for me
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10605]

Was feeling good, it was with a delish burger.

1 pint before the food was ready, 1 with food, and one after.

Went back to work and just downed water to hydrate.

I think it's time to pop a can of Dale's Pale Ale!

emoshun said:
Was feeling good, it was with a delish burger.
1 pint before the food was ready, 1 with food, and one after.
Went back to work and just downed water to hydrate.
I think it's time to pop a can of Dale's Pale Ale!
Water, the magic cure.

I am drinking Lagunitas Undercover Shut Down Ale, and a Mission Brewery Shipwreck Double IPA.

Half a growler of Sun King Wee Mac Scottish Ale.  Great local beer.  About 6 bucks per pint in most area restaurants, or $6.50 for a 64 oz. growler fill straight from the brewery.  I ain't no math major, but I know value when I see it.

Lagunitas Sucks and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale.  Sucks is slowly becoming my favorite beer.

This weekend:

SN Ruthless Rye
New Belgium Rampant
Figueroa Mtn Davey Brown Ale
KRBC Just Outstanding IPA
Schlenkerla Helles Lager

Status
Not open for further replies.