• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer you drinking 2022!

Nobody will come play with me so I am going to have a blind beer tasting all by myself!

@jfields texted me this morning and said he had some Hopslam last night and it was great. I had all but written Hopslam off because I felt there were so many less expensive beers which were equal or better ................ but now I had to go buy some!

Proper Notch, Logyard Brewery, Kane Pa. NEIPA .................... 3.94 rating on Beer advocate with an 88 from the brothers. 8.1% (John and I found this treasure out in the hills of Pa. a few weeks ago)

Space is Fake, Masthead Brewery, Cleveland Oh. NEDIPA .................. New release from Masthead 8.1%

Three Legends, R Shea's, Akron Oh. NEIPA ......................4.13 on Beer Advocate with a 90 from the brothers. 6.25%

Stone Hazy IPA, Stone Brewing, Hazy IPA ....................... 3.84 on Beer Advocate with a 86 from the brothers. 6.7%

Hopslam, Bell's Brewery, Imperial IPA ....................... 4.45 on Beer Advocate with a 98 from the brothers. 10%

1644082239338.png

Nobody will come play with me so I am going to have a blind beer tasting all by myself!

@jfields texted me this morning and said he had some Hopslam last night and it was great. I had all but written Hopslam off because I felt there were so many less expensive beers which were equal or better ................ but now I had to go buy some!

Proper Notch, Logyard Brewery, Kane Pa. NEIPA .................... 3.94 rating on Beer advocate with an 88 from the brothers. 8.1% (John and I found this treasure out in the hills of Pa. a few weeks ago)

Space is Fake, Masthead Brewery, Cleveland Oh. NEDIPA .................. New release from Masthead 8.1%

Three Legends, R Shea's, Akron Oh. NEIPA ......................4.13 on Beer Advocate with a 90 from the brothers. 6.25%

Stone Hazy IPA, Stone Brewing, Hazy IPA ....................... 3.84 on Beer Advocate with a 86 from the brothers. 6.7%

Hopslam, Bell's Brewery, Imperial IPA ....................... 4.45 on Beer Advocate with a 98 from the brothers. 10%

View attachment 51955
I’ll play. How quickly can you ship to Michigan! Lol

I’ve had hopslam (but who hasn’t at this point?) and the stone I believe. We have a couple local joints that will have some cool stuff on hand occasionally. I don’t remember the stone being particularly bad or anything, but also don’t remember it making an impression either.

Right now the beer in my fridge consists of coors light (wife likes this) lol.

View attachment 51955
Im taking notes and it's working out well.

This is a great way to get shit-faced in a hurry!

View attachment 51955
UPDATE!

I did the blind taste test three times and here are the results.

1. Space is Fake from Masthead Brewery in Cleveland won hands down all three times.
  2. Logyard Proper Notch from Kane Pa. came in second all three times.
  3. There was a huge gap between 1 and 2 and the rest! Three Legends from R Shae's in Akron Ohio came in third twice and fourth once.
  4. Hopslam from Bell's Brewery came in third once and fourth twice.
  5. Stone Hazy IPA came in a distant 5th all three times with a lemon pledge type flavor
NOTES:
  1. Hopslam was up against tough competition because it is not a "hazy, New England" IPA like the others. But I am officially done with Hopslam.
  2. Space is Fake was the best NEIPA I ever had! It is so new, I can't even find any reference to it, and it was $20 for 4 16 ounce cans.

Has anyone had the 2021 yet? Any thoughts as opposed to previous years?

I was surprised to see this for $13.99
1644149883167.png

@jfields John insists I didn't give Hopslam a fair chance. He says I have to drink four 16 ounce cans and nothing else to get the desired effect.

So ...... here I go again!

@jfields John insists I didn't give Hopslam a fair chance. He says I have to drink four 16 ounce cans and nothing else to get the desired effect.

So ...... here I go again!
Don’t drink it expecting the heavens to open and the angels to sing. Or, because you will be able to decipher 40 different tropical flavors. Drink it for the amazing effect! Pleasant buzz for me at least. I don’t know what it is. Only thing I can think is something to do with the addition of the honey and it’s fermentation.

Don’t drink it expecting the heavens to open and the angels to sing. Or, because you will be able to decipher 40 different tropical flavors. Drink it for the amazing effect! Pleasant buzz for me at least. I don’t know what it is. Only thing I can think is something to do with the addition of the honey and it’s fermentation.
I could just drink a good beer and slam a shot of a sheepdog every once in a while?