• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What coffee did you drink today?

Good morning!!! As it's been almost 2 years since I quit smoking, I've become a little more into other things, one of them being coffee. More specifically, espresso. I've become obsessed with making the perfect iced latte. Recently, we found a Breville Espresso maker at Saver's (a discount/recycled good store) for $6.00! Brand new they're around around $249.00! All it needed was a good cleaning. So I took it apart, descaled, and completely cleaned and purged it. Thing works like a dream! Started with some Lavazza and Creme D'Oro beans, but later discovered a fantastic local coffee shop called Fundati that roasts their own beans and sells them by the bag. Best coffee I've ever had in my life. And the iced lattes I can make, perfection beyond words.

Attachments

• 297471087_1760305784313817_6602488473131140812_n.jpg
    297471087_1760305784313817_6602488473131140812_n.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 5
I recently started making cold brew coffee at home, I made one of the taps on my kegerator into a nitro tap for the coffee...

Currently tapped is Stone Street Cold Brew Reserve with a little of their Caffeine Boost added.

I recently started making cold brew coffee at home, I made one of the taps on my kegerator into a nitro tap for the coffee...

Currently tapped is Stone Street Cold Brew Reserve with a little of their Caffeine Boost added.
I make cold brew too in a gallon glass pitcher thing in the fridge but I have wanted to do nitro for a while now. Need to get the tap towers out and rebuild a kegerator

I make cold brew too in a gallon glass pitcher thing in the fridge but I have wanted to do nitro for a while now. Need to get the tap towers out and rebuild a kegerator
I started with small batches of cold brew in the fridge too. I started doing Nitro just after Christmas when I wife got me a new tap tower and a nitro tap.

I started with small batches of cold brew in the fridge too. I started doing Nitro just after Christmas when I wife got me a new tap tower and a nitro tap.
Yeah I need to grab a nitro tap and a nitro canister and regulator. Have the tower and a mini fridge I can convert and some kegs

So, thanks to @jbfurdog for the reco on these! This is from Alien Coffee Roasters and is called Celestial Blend: First Contact. It's 1 of 3 different blends I chose. Didn't have much info at all going into this blend, which is how I normally prefer it.

20220830_082348.jpg

The beans themselves look wholly plain.. nothing noticeable or remarkable at all. Light milk chocolate color, muted aromatics upon bag opening. Had a broken piece of bean that I just popped in mouth and let roll around a bit to soften up. So far, so good.

20220830_082433.jpg

Poured beans in grinder and started it up.. and for a faint second or two immediately had a rank, almost acrid smell hit me. It immediately dissipated but I was preparing myself to be hit by it again when taking lid off grinder. Thankfully, it did not. In fact, quite the opposite.. I was greeted with a tantalizing aroma that made me question if I had imagined the foul smell just a minute earlier.

20220830_082608.jpg

So, I've been drinking mostly iced coffee, Columbian, and from a few different brands. Was looking forward to a change-up and some actual hot brew despite heat outside. First and interesting change I noticed, these beans have some heft to them! Took me twice as long to ground these down as I'm used to. I'm in no way a coffee nerd, so I don't know what it means, if anything. I was just surprised.. I actually felt the grinder motor get warm!

20220830_082842.jpg

The grinder itself is fine and new(ish). Just took a bit.. in fact, that's why you see so many grounds coating interior of grinder. I had to give it several shakes while grinding to get at it all. End result is hard to tell above in the filter, but it's still a little "chunky", but plenty ready for brewing. So, with half a tank ready with Chippewa Falls spring water, I pushed START... phasers on BOLD.

Roughly 20 mins or so go by and I grab a mug, ready for action! And wow.. it didn't disappoint! So, it was unadulterated.. just black. Brought the steaming porcelain up to my nostrils and took a deep and wonderful inhale. Took a test sip, not enough to get a real taste, but enough to know it wasn't too hot. And that's when I went to work.. small sip, which instantly raised my eyebrows and literally made me go "mmm". Then a big sip.. and another.. sips turned into swigs.

It was remarkably smooth and had boatloads of flavor. I really wasn't expecting just how splendid and smooth this coffee is. Did I mention smooth yet? This is one that drinks so enjoyably well, that before you know it, half the cup is gone. I could rattle off the flavors I was getting, but I'm gonna leave that up to you guys to experience yourself!

I took a pic of this noble nectar in my mug, but my phone cam doesn't show it well (basically at all). I don't have one of those new fancy James Webb space cameras like @ggiese does!! Suffice to say, it was dark colored liquid. And it is delightful. This is one that will definitely be reordered soon! Thanks again @jbfurdog!

If anyone is looking for some new java, give Alien Coffee a try and see what you think. Salut! ☕👍

So, thanks to @jbfurdog for the reco on these! This is from Alien Coffee Roasters and is called Celestial Blend: First Contact. It's 1 of 3 different blends I chose. Didn't have much info at all going into this blend, which is how I normally prefer it.

The beans themselves look wholly plain.. nothing noticeable or remarkable at all. Light milk chocolate color, muted aromatics upon bag opening. Had a broken piece of bean that I just popped in mouth and let roll around a bit to soften up. So far, so good.

Poured beans in grinder and started it up.. and for a faint second or two immediately had a rank, almost acrid smell hit me. It immediately dissipated but I was preparing myself to be hit by it again when taking lid off grinder. Thankfully, it did not. In fact, quite the opposite.. I was greeted with a tantalizing aroma that made me question if I had imagined the foul smell just a minute earlier.

So, I've been drinking mostly iced coffee, Columbian, and from a few different brands. Was looking forward to a change-up and some actual hot brew despite heat outside. First and interesting change I noticed, these beans have some heft to them! Took me twice as long to ground these down as I'm used to. I'm in no way a coffee nerd, so I don't know what it means, if anything. I was just surprised.. I actually felt the grinder motor get warm!

The grinder itself is fine and new(ish). Just took a bit.. in fact, that's why you see so many grounds coating interior of grinder. I had to give it several shakes while grinding to get at it all. End result is hard to tell above in the filter, but it's still a little "chunky", but plenty ready for brewing. So, with half a tank ready with Chippewa Falls spring water, I pushed START... phasers on BOLD.

Roughly 20 mins or so go by and I grab a mug, ready for action! And wow.. it didn't disappoint! So, it was unadulterated.. just black. Brought the steaming porcelain up to my nostrils and took a deep and wonderful inhale. Took a test sip, not enough to get a real taste, but enough to know it wasn't too hot. And that's when I went to work.. small sip, which instantly raised my eyebrows and literally made me go "mmm". Then a big sip.. and another.. sips turned into swigs.

It was remarkably smooth and had boatloads of flavor. I really wasn't expecting just how splen and smooth this coffee is. Did I mention smooth yet? This is one that drinks so enjoyably well, that before you know it, half the cup is gone. I could rattle off the flavors I was getting, but I'm gonna leave that up to you guys to experience yourself!

I took a pic of this noble nectar in my mug, but my phone cam doesn't show it well (basically at all). I don't have one of those new fancy James Webb space cameras like @ggiese does!! Suffice to say, it was dark colored liquid. And it is delightful. This is one that will definitely be reordered soon! Thanks again @jbfurdog!

If anyone is looking for some new java, give Alien Coffee a try and see what you think. Salut! ☕👍

“…I took a pic of this noble nectar in my mug, but my phone cam doesn't show it well (basically at all). I don't have one of those new fancy James Webb space cameras like @ggiese does!!”

Could not get a picture of coffee in a mug?!? But i’m often told fancy cell phone cams with 3 lenses will replace those “new” fancy James Webb space cameras…. 🤔 🤷🏼‍♂️

if you’re serving that coffee, I’ll stop on by with my fancy-schmancy camera! 🥰😎