• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with LFD again this afternoon/evening:

Reserva Especial Belicoso
Double Ligero Chiselito

I'm actually looking at the double ligero chisel right now. It is sort of calling to me....

LFD DL chisel had it since june and didn't like it :( tight draw, and didn't care for the flavor.

20 minutes ago, Jose L. Piedra Cremas with great creamy white cold coffe, juuuumy! :D

I started the early morning at work with a HdM Double Corona. They have to be one of my favorites and for only two years old, it smoked wonderfully. However, now I am smoking the Shark I set aside for last night. It is my first. I will always treasure my 49's, but somehow this is equally amazing in a different way. Holy Cow! I don't know what I will have to smoke tonight to top these two, but I am going to have to dig deep!

Burned a RP 90 that I got from Wasy in contest winnings. Extra long mo'fo'.

You could tell that this guy was well loved before it got to me. Man it smoked great. I haven't had any Patels in a while and had forgotten how much I like'em.

Great smoke.

While fishing yesterday, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Pamplona & Connie #17. Last night a La Tradicion Perdomo Reserve Limited Golf Edition "Birdie". It was pretty good!!

While spackling my new cigar room this morning I tried a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066 corona. Very mild at the start even for a newb, almost like plain air, but it got more flavorful after the 1st 1/3 or so. I liked it.

One thing I noticed when I compared it to a Don Diego corona, it was longer with a fatter ring gauge even though it was also a corona.

RyJ Belvedere Cuba (39 ring x 5")

I love these small smokes... they leave the palate so clean and refreshed and are very flavourful.

Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real Toro (6x54) It's got a Connecticut shade wrapper and Nicaraguan fillers.

Not a bad smoke at all. It started out pretty mild, but opened up quite a bit and ended up having a decent amount of kick. Really great flavor. The draw was perfect, but the burn wasn't so great (though I may have been smoking a bit fast). I got it in mail from their promo a few weeks ago. Not sure if I'm going to buy more of these, but if the other sizes are good, I just might. Recommended.

Bolivar toro. Got a fiver of these a couple of weeks ago from JR. Think this one was still a bit moist as I heard JR tends to ship that way. The draw was a just a little tight and the wrapper at the foot split as soon as it got near the lighter. I was hoping for more flavor; last third picked up a bit. I'll let the remaining 4 set a while longer. I think it has potential, but didn't do it for me this afternoon.

Thurs
H.Upmann Corona Major from '03... Damn delicious!

Friday
Opus X Robusto
Mystery stick from Vincent Punch SS 2? I forgot, Sam identified it though...
PSD4
ERDM Lunch Club, thanks Elliot!
Great sticks with great BOTLs

Saturday
Smoked a year old PAM Principe on a third floor fire escape with a Guinness. Boy, did I enjoy that!

-Rob

A Don Carlos #4. Started off good but went south at about the halfway point. The wrapper started splitting all over the place. Made it survive till the last third then had to give up. Tasted great though =\

After dinner tonight I had Licenciados maduro. Not sure of the exact model. The band didn't say and I had gotten this one in a trade. It had a bit of bite to it and a different flavor I never experienced. One thing I thought was strange was every so often the outer wrapper would look like it sparked a bit like a sparkler. It was more evident when I went outside. It was a new experience.

LFD Double Ligero Chisel

I think I found a cigar that is too strong for me. It seemed like this cigar was all strength and no flavor.

A couple weeks ago I tried a LFD Ligero, and it is one of my all time favorites. A good balance of strength and flavor.

I plan on picking up a box of the Ligeros, but probably won't try another Double Ligero.

Started the day with a Sancho Panza Double Maduro Escudero, smoked a Pirate's Gold on the drive to see my Grandson and his Mom, and now I'm enjoying a Punch Rare Corojo Magnum. All three hits! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.