• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Oliva serie G special G this a.m.
Then my first Cusano Corojo that was pretty tasty..I'd smoke again.

The highlight of the day was trying my first Cusano Dominican Sun Grown (DSG)
I would call it a solid med body with a very nice flavor. The cigar was Toro sized
I am going to have to find a fiver of these and smoke some more to get a better idea of
the cigar. Smoking it was difficult with serious tunneling and hollow draw issues, hot boxing, etc.
But, the Flavor was very appealing with a very nice spice with maybe some citrus.

Smoked my first Illusione last night! I'm in love with this cigar.. Was a CG:4, for the price I don't believe it can be beat.

snip...I had a cabaiguan Guapo Last night. Absolutely delicious. Im gona have to pick up a box of these soon.....snip

This and the Series JJ Sublime are two of my favorite cigars right now. Great smokes.

Padron 3000 this morning
Illusione 88 this afternoon - really nice smoke!!

Had me a Cabaiguan Guapos Jr. today, my first of the new sizes. Great smoke, I'm glad I have more.

Ashton ESG Churchill and a PAM Exclusivo. I think I'll stick with my Padron's.....IMO the ESG isn't a $20 stick.

My first Padron 3000 with a few months age on it. I can't believe I haven't smoked a dozen of these before!

My first impressions of isom as well, give some time and keep trying. There are some cubans out there with a distinct flavor profile that are very, very enjoyable. A good cuban has a taste your not gonna get from any other and then again some are not so good. There are great DR, Nic, and any other country.

Just my opinion. Good luck in your experiments with new cigars, find anything good let us know.

As it happens I found the Davidoff store in the Centro Santa Fe (Mexico DF). It was great fun to go through their humidor and seeing brands I hadn't seen before. The salesman, who spoke some decent english, was able to recommend a few good Mexican cigars (Te-Amo Vintage 99, San Andrea's Premium, Santa Clara 1830 and a Santa Clara Special Edition). I also managed to get a tin of Vintage (12 year) RP Juniors.

I ended up having a Te-Amo Vintage 99. This was better than the Platinum I had. It started out nice but because I had no sheltered place to smoke it, it burned a little too fast near the end and I got a bit of a bitter taste. Otherwise is was a nice flavourful cigar. (probably give it about a 7-7.5/10)

Saturday I'm heading into Mexico DF itself so I'm hopeful I can find some more plus find the cigar lounge I located online. Maybe then I can try the other Cubans I have and see how they fare. :)

Got a couple of Matasa 10th anni perfectos and went to my buddies house for a b.s. session. This is one oily wrapper and construction was spot on, the flavors coming out of this vitola are many and yummy, one small problem was the burn. After a few touch ups the burn issues disappeared and the finish turned even better. It has a long chewy finish that covers your whole mouth, one other thing, have something to eat before you smoke one, my friend had to put his down and my stomach did stir a bit. Highly recommended! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Consuegra; Partagas Thousand Flowers; Oliva O Classic;

Smoked a LFD Coronado corona yesterday that was good. I got them about 3-4months ago, will let them sit a few more months before trying the next one.

My last cigar, which was a couple days ago, was a VSG Robo from 1999. It was fantastic!!

05/06/2008
Bolivar Belicosos Finos (Jul-06)

05/07/2008
RyJ Coronitas en Cedro (Sep-06)
Padilla Edicion Especial Maduro Obsidian

I have two to report.

1. About a week ago, I smoked a CAO Britalia barber pole. It was given to me. It's a good thing these really aren't available, because I'd probably break the bank buying them. It had sensational flavor, extremely even burn, awesome construction...it was just the total package. Great, great cigar. My only problem with it was that it was so good - I burned both my fingers and my lips smoking it to the nub.

2. Last night, another great encounter with an Oliva Serie V Torp. This remains one of my all-time favorites. I've had good luck with the draw on these when I cut at a 45 degree angle. Yumsy.

Last night I smoked a Boli RC from a trade a while ago. It was pretty good, with the trademark Bolivar oomph, but I found that the flavors seemed jammed together, piled on top of each other. I prefer the PC in that regard, as the flavors seemed to be more defined, maybe a little more restrained, but definitely easier to pick out and enjoy. I'm thinking I will smoke a BBF tonight, for comparative purposes. :cool:

Damn if I'm not stuck on those Litto SB#2.
;)

art

I had a CAO MX2. Very nicely made. I had one of the daggers because I only had a few minutes. I did find that it smoked lightly - just not a whole lot of smoke came out of this thing. It was good...I am happy that I have 4 more!

Status
Not open for further replies.