• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Saturday April 19th and the wee hours of the 20th, I smoked just 2 Opus X Skorpio's. Nothing special. :laugh:

Had a La Aurora Maduro Robusto yesterday. Not bad...

Had my first two cigar Saturday of the year this past weekend. Enjoyed a Power Ranger and an Oliva V Lancero. Thank god for the warmer weather!

Just had a Hoyo de Tradicion Epicure. This is a hell of a cigar for the money. I'll be buying a box. Here's JR's description.

Hoyo de Tradición cigars were created to honor the history of Hoyo de Monterrey, one of the oldest and most respected brands to date. An aged, hand-selected blend of Honduran San Agustin, Dominican Piloto Cubano and Nicaraguan filler tobaccos from the remote island of Ometepe is paired with a robust Habano leaf Connecticut binder and finished with an attractive, oily, Viso Rosado wrapper from the Jamastran Valley of Honduras. The result is a pleasurable, aromatic smoke overflowing with hearty, rich flavors and undertones of nuts and sweetness.

They are definitely worth the $4 and change.

Doc.

Just enjoyed a Hoyo du Prince '98 on a walk to hand in the 30 page physical chemistry lab report I just finished. It started out very promising with some great peppery and sweet characteristics and mellowed out into some light spice and woodiness. :) It was too bad that it had a bunch of burn issues and required frequent touch ups. :angry: If the construction was at least adequate, this would have been a stellar cigar.

I just finished a nice DPG JJ. It starts off slowly, but I love the stronger finish, the full draw, and the volume of smoke from the latter half. I hope more time in my coolerdor makes them even better. :cool:

Does anybody else clip the head again near the end of the smoke, after tar builds up? Or is that just me? :blush:

On the Outlaw trip:

1950s RyJ (yummy, musty with more strength than you would think)
BTL (Good enough to change my opinion on this smoke)
Illusione Culebra (Tasted great but the wrapper fell apart)
Don Pepin Blue Lancero (Not a bad smoke, although this one was a bit flat)
Partagas Culebra (A good breakfast smoke but definitely a novelty)
Padron 80th Maduro (A fantastic cigar! I will be getting a box of these)
Don Carlos Lancero (Whatever, hype imo)
Opus Lancero (One of the best cigars ever made, no hype here)
Opus #5 (mmmmm)
Noella Reserva (mmmmmm)
Anejo 55 (This smoked great, couldn't ask for more from an Anejo)
PLPC (A great way to wrap things up)

I know I had another 4 or 5 cigars over the weekend but I can only remember so much...

Nice list there insight. I just finished a Partagas 898 that was VERY good

Enjoyed a Monte Edmundo '06 while walking outside today. Construction was pretty good, as it only required a few touchups and had a fairly even burn. Not much evolution throughout the smoke, but it has some nice creamy flavors, accented with a bit of spice. The nicotine snuck up on me though!

A Padron Serie #9 maduro and a Cohiba Siglo IV courtesy of Jeff (jlada). Both were excellent cigars!

Just got back from HERFin' with the DFW crew and had a great time.

Smoked 2 great cigars:

1. Anejo 46 from 2006 - My first Anejo and it was everything it has been hyped up to be.
2. Davidoff Millenium Short Robusto - Started off almost bland but it gained flavor after about an inch in and I smoked it down to the nub. Very good.

CI Legends Pepin(Yellow) that has been aging nude for about a year. :thumbs:

Bucanero Don Douglas with some serious age. Didn't care for them a couple years ago but guess what - I like them now. Go figure. :whistling:

Steve

Just enjoyed a Miraflor Robusto. Taste reminded me of some of the Perdomo's. Not surprising I guess (I'm a newb, so correct me if I am wrong) since the Miraflor is a Nicaraguan as well. Very nice burn - even and nice ash. Well constructed too. A steal for an under $3 cigar (Canadian).

a PSD4 from a recent box that was put away to get some age to it, took a few out to smoke while young

Status
Not open for further replies.