• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What in the world are these?!

Interesting find there. I'd like to try one of these when they come out.

It's funny when sellers make a reference to the tobacco not being the point of the sale.... kinda makes you wonder.

Agreed. The King B is hands down the worst Fuente product I have ever smoked. The handful that I didn't toss because they had tar issues all had an awful taste, one that I think Alan is being very kind by addressing as "funny."

It'll be interesting to see what an aluminum tube does to improve the flavor. :sign:

God knows I will be. The King B knocks the other SunGrown's out of the WATER! Just got me a box (thanks again Keystone)... but these still may be on my must-have list.
Chris

King B is better than the Cuban Beli?? I don't know about that...then again, I never tried that King B. C-bid here I come
I don't think they are. I think the King B is one of the worst Fuentes I've ever had. The several I've smoked have all had a funny taste to them. I have a couple more to see if they can change my mind, but I'm not holding my breath.

The King B's also seem to have a tar issue...

That's not something I've run into yet.... :S I hope I didn't make a mistake with my box purchase!
Chris

Since when does ebay allow to sell cigars?
I reviewed the seller sales and all I can see is that he sell bands of cigars
for a lot of money,I assumed its a trick to sell cigars.
Am I right?
People have been fooled before there because not reading the small letters.

I apologize for my post, specifically to flushnutz. I was out of line and had no business posting what I did. It's just getting frustrating how the new guys come in here with their sense of entitlement and talk to the guys that made CP what it is, without an ounce of respect. I certainly don't have an agenda, but had that been me talking to Doc like that 2+ years ago when I was a noob, I would have been shown the door.

Jonesy,

My post wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards those who apparently have an agenda and want to change the culture here.

Too Late.

Agreed. The King B is hands down the worst Fuente product I have ever smoked. The handful that I didn't toss because they had tar issues all had an awful taste, one that I think Alan is being very kind by addressing as "funny."

It'll be interesting to see what an aluminum tube does to improve the flavor. :sign:

God knows I will be. The King B knocks the other SunGrown's out of the WATER! Just got me a box (thanks again Keystone)... but these still may be on my must-have list.
Chris

King B is better than the Cuban Beli?? I don't know about that...then again, I never tried that King B. C-bid here I come
I don't think they are. I think the King B is one of the worst Fuentes I've ever had. The several I've smoked have all had a funny taste to them. I have a couple more to see if they can change my mind, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have to add my displeasure with all the King B's I've smoked. I hope you got a good batch Chris.

I apologize for my post, specifically to flushnutz. I was out of line and had no business posting what I did. It's just getting frustrating how the new guys come in here with their sense of entitlement and talk to the guys that made CP what it is, without an ounce of respect. I certainly don't have an agenda, but had that been me talking to Doc like that 2+ years ago when I was a noob, I would have been shown the door.

Jonesy,

My post wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards those who apparently have an agenda and want to change the culture here.

Too Late.
Nah, it's not too late. She's just sprung a leak. She's not stove all THAT bad. Abandoning her may have been premature. We'll get the damage under control with gentle taps here and there along her hull and set her right in the water. All we got to do is get her to that lee shore. (Don't ya love a good seafarin' metaphor?)

Doc

It's funny when sellers make a reference to the tobacco not being the point of the sale.... kinda makes you wonder.

Since when does ebay allow to sell cigars?
I reviewed the seller sales and all I can see is that he sell bands of cigars
for a lot of money,I assumed its a trick to sell cigars.
Am I right?
People have been fooled before there because not reading the small letters.

I'm pretty sure the reason the seller is only selling the "collectable packaging" and the bands is that ebay doesn't allow selling tobacco. They are only selling the packaging, and the tobacco is technically free. I suppose one could also sell a collectible glass bottle on ebay and the contents being bourbon or scotch would be included and free.

I have never had a King B that didn't burn like shiz. Puting a tubo on one is like putting a pig in a dress and taking it to your sister's wedding.

Jonesy,

Too Late.
Nah, it's not too late. She's just sprung a leak. She's not stove all THAT bad. Abandoning her may have been premature. We'll get the damage under control with gentle taps here and there along her hull and set her right in the water. All we got to do is get her to that lee shore. (Don't ya love a good seafarin' metaphor?)

Doc

"Damn it, Jim - I'm a Doctor, not a magician!!!"

I have never had a King B that didn't burn like shiz. Puting a tubo on one is like putting a pig in a dress and taking it to your sister's wedding.

What he said!!!

There's a good reason you can readily find the King B's on store shelves...

These!?!??
Anyone know?
Chris

Good question... I couldn't find anything on them either
There used to be a couple of fellows here who could definitively answer your question, but they don't post here anymore. Too bad.

Doc.

Doc while I respect what you bring to this forum, now you are acting like a 20 something. I am not taking any sides (FOGs or Newbs), but I see a lot of childish behavior on both sides. I have been really disappointed in a lot of the post lately and I hope it does not continue. Then again I am just a Newb so take for it for what it is worth.

Dennis

Then why say anything?

If you had some respect this would have been brought to a PM. Along with asking 'why' he posted this comment.

You're not alone...these things just are not blended very well.

Maybe they'll be worth something for "the best of the bottom"?!

Though some folks do like them....meh!

Chris: If you think the King Bs are the best SGs that Fuente makes, shoot me your addy and I'll get you some Cuban Belis to try. You won't be disappointed.

Jonesy,

Too Late.

Doc

Well put, shipmate!

I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but I like the King B. When it's on, it's among the best I've had. The problem is I haven't had one yet that has been on for the entire stick. As has been mentioned, burn issues every single time. But I keep trying, hoping one day that magical B is out there. Just maybe it will show up in an aluminum tube.

Funny, it's times like these that I wish you all could enjoy the brotherhood and fun that I just experienced with a great group of CP brothers, instead of us always having to prove who swings the biggest E-penis.

That was the point I was trying to make. This a great forum and these type of threads really detract from the brotherhood.

Dennis

The point Jonsey and Doc are trying to make is this crap just didn't happen a couple of years ago. Something has changed, and it would be presumptuous to assume it was the older guys. There has been a very real attempt to redecorate the house they built and furnished. I'm not suggesting that this place should be frozen like a diorama in a museum, but at the very least, the original architects should be able to steer the changes without being labeled as bullies.

I've liked every King B I've had, not my favorite cigar for sure, but still not bad. And I agree 100% with what Matt just posted.

The point Jonsey and Doc are trying to make is this crap just didn't happen a couple of years ago. Something has changed, and it would be presumptuous to assume it was the older guys. There has been a very real attempt to redecorate the house they built and furnished. I'm not suggesting that this place should be frozen like a diorama in a museum, but at the very least, the original architects should be able to steer the changes without being labeled as bullies.

Excellent analogy!

I've still got a couple of first batch King B's that I keep hoping will improve. Smoked one yesterday...it hasn't. One to go. I hope it doesn't improve in a couple of months or I'll be really pissed that I didn't keep/save more.

I don't know I heard the call was all hands on deck and abandon ship! This is from a landlubbers prospective.

As for the King B's I have a taste for them, but haven't encountered the problems most have. I got a box of the OR and have smoked them over a few years. I currently have two left and they are mostly enjoyed during a round of golf.