• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What in the world are these?!

I don't know I heard the call was all hands on deck and abandon ship! This is from a landlubbers prospective.

As for the King B's I have a taste for them, but haven't encountered the problems most have. I got a box of the OR and have smoked them over a few years. I currently have two left and they are mostly enjoyed during a round of golf.

You might just be enjoying the golf and not the cigar. :sign: Ok, I wouldn't throw away a King B, but I also don't seek them out. I do enjoy them, but prefer the Cuban Belicoso.

You might just be enjoying the golf and not the cigar. :sign: Ok, I wouldn't throw away a King B, but I also don't seek them out. I do enjoy them, but prefer the Cuban Belicoso.

You could be right but the flavor profile on these are to my liking. It is all subjective, but I wouldn't pay a premium for these.

I don't know I heard the call was all hands on deck and abandon ship! This is from a landlubbers prospective.

As for the King B's I have a taste for them, but haven't encountered the problems most have. I got a box of the OR and have smoked them over a few years. I currently have two left and they are mostly enjoyed during a round of golf.

Unlike the majority opinion here, I really like the King B. Haven't had any of the issues other people have seemed to have had. I avoided 'em for awhile based on negative posts, actually, but when I finally smoked one, enjoyed it enough that I never pass 'em up when my local B&M gets 'em in.

Now, the Cuban Belicoso, on the other hand, I haven't had a single one that the cap didn't start unraveling on me midway through the smoke.

~Boar

Abandon ship you say?
Why? Seamen in the poopdeck?

As for the king b I just took one in a pass. Hmmm we will see

These!?!??
Anyone know?
Chris

Good question... I couldn't find anything on them either
There used to be a couple of fellows here who could definitively answer your question, but they don't post here anymore. Too bad.

Doc.

Doc while I respect what you bring to this forum, now you are acting like a 20 something. I am not taking any sides (FOGs or Newbs), but I see a lot of childish behavior on both sides. I have been really disappointed in a lot of the post lately and I hope it does not continue. Then again I am just a Newb so take for it for what it is worth.

Dennis

Then why say anything?

If you had some respect this would have been brought to a PM. Along with asking 'why' he posted this comment.

It was not handled via PM because my comment was not directed solely at Doc.

I don't think the King B are as bad as most do but I definitely wouldn't pay what they want for them.

Sounds like I need to smoke that 3 year old King B in my humi and write a review. Not sure if my first review should be about such a bi-polar opinioned cigar though.

Chris...These had some serious issues when they were first released. They are much better now, but I still think the Cuban Beli is better. Would love to see your review.....please post.

Agreed. The King B is hands down the worst Fuente product I have ever smoked. The handful that I didn't toss because they had tar issues all had an awful taste, one that I think Alan is being very kind by addressing as "funny."

It'll be interesting to see what an aluminum tube does to improve the flavor. :sign:

I have never had a King B that didn't burn like shiz. Puting a tubo on one is like putting a pig in a dress and taking it to your sister's wedding.
I'm with these guys. Fuente stuff is usually good, very good. How the KingB made it out of the barn is something I've never figured out. I haven't had the attack of the tar monster, but every one I've ever had was just.....bland. Not offensive, but almost not there. A Padron 2K whips their ass, every time.

I think I have two or three left in the cabinet so maybe I'll revisit one over the holiday weekend. Though, I'd promised myself I'd smoke the GOOD cigars this weekend...... :laugh:

Party on - B.B.S.

With every King B I smoked they too had that funny taste...like a metallic, acrid flavor on my tongue. I guess Fuente is not admitting defeat with the current King B because they're keeping the name, changing the blend/wrapper, and giving the packaging a whole new look. Then again, this won't be the first cigar to be re-blended after an unsuccessful first try.

If these are coming out later this year, where the hell did this guy on eBay get these? Is that a stock company photo he's using?

Isy, did Fuente stop shipments of the current King B in anticipation of the new release?

With every King B I smoked they too had that funny taste...like a metallic, acrid flavor on my tongue. I guess Fuente is not admitting defeat with the current King B because they're keeping the name, changing the blend/wrapper, and giving the packaging a whole new look. Then again, this won't be the first cigar to be re-blended after an unsuccessful first try.

If these are coming out later this year, where the hell did this guy on eBay get these? Is that a stock company photo he's using?

Isy, did Fuente stop shipments of the current King B in anticipation of the new release?

I recently got some King Bs, so I don't believe this is a reproduction. These new ones are using tobacco that is aged a lot longer.

Funny, it's times like these that I wish you all could enjoy the brotherhood and fun that I just experienced with a great group of CP brothers, instead of us always having to prove who swings the biggest E-penis.

That was the point I was trying to make. This a great forum and these type of threads really detract from the brotherhood.

Dennis

The point Jonsey and Doc are trying to make is this crap just didn't happen a couple of years ago. Something has changed, and it would be presumptuous to assume it was the older guys. There has been a very real attempt to redecorate the house they built and furnished. I'm not suggesting that this place should be frozen like a diorama in a museum, but at the very least, the original architects should be able to steer the changes without being labeled as bullies.

Yeah!!! What he said!!! :thumbs:

You young 'uns that wanna come in here and change the curtains, rip the plastic coverings off all the couches, throw out the dinette set, put in engineered flooring in place of the carpet, spray paint wall murals on the living room walls and knowck out the back wall of the house better first take your shoes off at the door!!! You're tracking mud all OVER the place... :angry:

With every King B I smoked they too had that funny taste...like a metallic, acrid flavor on my tongue.

Of course it's going to taste metallic/acrid - you're the ironpeddler... :rolleyes:

Ok newbs which do you prefer, Doc's seafarin' metaphors or Gramps' domestic metaphor. By the way George, they can remove the plastic. It sticks to my ass.

You young 'uns that wanna come in here and change the curtains, rip the plastic coverings off all the couches, throw out the dinette set, put in engineered flooring in place of the carpet, spray paint wall murals on the living room walls and knowck out the back wall of the house better first take your shoes off at the door!!! You're tracking mud all OVER the place... :angry:
With every King B I smoked they too had that funny taste...like a metallic, acrid flavor on my tongue.

Doc.

Whenever I read threads like this, the committee in my head starts having a discussion about whether or not I actually know anything at all about cigars.

I have smoked several King B's, and thoroughly enjoyed every puff of each cigar. Burned each one to the nub. Never had a tar issue. Never experienced a "funny" taste.

Further contributing to my doubt as to whether or not I know a damn thing about cigars; I smoked a Partagas 150 last week. Although I enjoyed it, I can't say I think it was as earth shattering as the reviews I read indicate (or the price they are fetching...mine was gifted to me, thank goodness). Given the choice, there's numerous other cigars I'd rather smoke than a 150.

If this proves anything to me, it's that one's taste in cigars is very subjective.

I'll enjoy the fact that so many of you don't like the King B, as it means they won't sell well and will perhaps end up at a sale price where I can swoop in and snag a deal!

the original king b's had cedar boxes with sap bleeding through. I bought a few from different places and they all sucked.

Ok newbs which do you prefer, Doc's seafarin' metaphors or Gramps' domestic metaphor. By the way George, they can remove the plastic. It sticks to my ass.

Doc.

Doc, if I vote for your style, will you post a reference guide for seafarin' terms, lingo, etc.? While I understand the instant metaphor, I'm quite concerned that future phrases, metaphors, analogies and the like may shoot clean across my bow without such reference. I sure would hate for apprehension to swing my vote in favor Gramps' domestic style. :D :cool:

Agreed. The King B is hands down the worst Fuente product I have ever smoked. The handful that I didn't toss because they had tar issues all had an awful taste, one that I think Alan is being very kind by addressing as "funny."

It'll be interesting to see what an aluminum tube does to improve the flavor. :sign:

God knows I will be. The King B knocks the other SunGrown's out of the WATER! Just got me a box (thanks again Keystone)... but these still may be on my must-have list.
Chris

King B is better than the Cuban Beli?? I don't know about that...then again, I never tried that King B. C-bid here I come
I don't think they are. I think the King B is one of the worst Fuentes I've ever had. The several I've smoked have all had a funny taste to them. I have a couple more to see if they can change my mind, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not going to go to bat for the King B, but I did smoke an OR that was pretty gd good. Now I don't know enough to say if it was a combination of that year's tobacco and age or just age, but it was a different cigar. I would say it tasted similar to a DC Max with a few years age.

I apologize for my post, specifically to flushnutz. I was out of line and had no business posting what I did. It's just getting frustrating how the new guys come in here with their sense of entitlement and talk to the guys that made CP what it is, without an ounce of respect. I certainly don't have an agenda, but had that been me talking to Doc like that 2+ years ago when I was a noob, I would have been shown the door.

Jonesy,

My post wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards those who apparently have an agenda and want to change the culture here.

Too Late.

B.S. Ample proof was provided at the Outlaw herf (2008 and 2009, also everything I heard about the 2008 Vegas herf indicated exactly the same). Nothing but the best of guys showing up and representing the CP community. I'm damn proud to be a part of this community and we will do everything within our power to keep this place in line with Rod's vision. Period.

Apology excepted and I understand your frustration. If my post to Doc was disrespectful, I apologize for that. It certainly was not intended to be disrespectful, but rather point out the deterioration that I/we have all been seeing. As far as respect I think it should be given both ways regardless of how long you have been here.

I usually let grammar stuff go, but this one gets me. I know what you MEANT, but you SAID something totally different. Next time, accept the apology. If you don't like it and reject it, except it.

Back