• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Today feels like a Monkey Shoulder kind of evening.

next-door-kitchen-and.jpg

~Boar

How does it work for bourbon? Is it better then a rocks glass? I get overwhelmed by the amount of variety of glass ware for adult drinks

I use it for my finer (i.e., not on the rocks) bourbon selections like Stagg & Blanton's and it's fine, but it's not really my preferred shape for that. There's a glass I just cannot freakin' find anywhere---someone donated it to my local cigar lounge's barware collection & I swear I've actually contemplated STEALING it, lol---that is tulip shaped like that, but shorter, wider, and unfooted.

These are the closest I've found and I'll probably order them eventually:

Spiegalau Bourbon Glasses

4460176-spiegelau-bourbon-whiskey-glasses-2.jpg

My hesitation with them is they're listed as a 13 oz. glass & that seems . . . a bit large. The Glencairn is only 6 oz.

~Boar

Last edited:
I use it for my finer (i.e., not on the rocks) bourbon selections like Stagg & Blanton's and it's fine, but it's not really my preferred shape for that. There's a glass I just cannot freakin' find anywhere---someone donated it to my local cigar lounge's barware collection & I swear I've actually contemplated STEALING it, lol---that is tulip shaped like that, but shorter, wider, and unfooted.

These are the closest I've found and I'll probably order them eventually:

Spiegalau Bourbon Glasses

View attachment 25279

My hesitation with them is they're listed as a 13 oz. glass & that seems . . . a bit large. The Glencairn is only 6 oz.

~Boar
I bought some on Doc's recommendation a long time ago that I loved, but can't remember the brand. I know I gave a couple away when I quit drinking, but might still have 1 or 2.

Last night I poured some Old Forester Rye, a new release of theirs. It wasn't amazing, probably better suited for a Manhattan rather than neat/rocks. Had a glass of Weller SR after that, great as always.