• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Back to Maker's Mark after having a high flying bourbon day yesterday...the Buffalo Trace Distillery is a great place to visit, by the way.

Hey p_l - good to see you posting. I discovered scotch over the holidays thanks to my SS. I've been enjoying Glenlivet scotch. Awesome.

John B.

Back to Maker's Mark after having a high flying bourbon day yesterday...the Buffalo Trace Distillery is a great place to visit, by the way.

Hey p_l - good to see you posting. I discovered scotch over the holidays thanks to my SS. I've been enjoying Glenlivet scotch. Awesome.

John B.

John! Yeah, Glenlivet is a smooth drink for sure. Enjoy it, my friend!

Aberlour a'bunadh Cask Strength Scotch

Had a glass today in a snifter. I was thinking the glass made such a huge difference in the nose. I was almost overwhelmed by the power of the nose until I read AVB's review and saw his remarks about "one of the largest nose in the world of scotch". AVB's Review

This is the second cask strength Macallan I've had lately and they were both huge nose and quite strong. I liked the Aberlour more. But I tried the Macallan in the middle of a long tasting with many drinks and perhaps I need to revisit it.

PJ

Had a glass today in a snifter. I was thinking the glass made such a huge difference in the nose. I was almost overwhelmed by the power of the nose until I read AVB's review and saw his remarks about "one of the largest nose in the world of scotch". My link"]Here[/url]

This is the second cask strength Macallan I've had lately and they were both huge nose and quite strong. I liked the Aberlour more. But I tried the Macallan in the middle of a long tasting with many drinks and perhaps I need to revisit it.

PJ
Ditto. I had a glass tonight that knocked my socks off. I'm really impressed with the A'bunadh. Don't like the $80 pricetag, but watcha gonna do?

Had a glass today in a snifter. I was thinking the glass made such a huge difference in the nose. I was almost overwhelmed by the power of the nose until I read AVB's review and saw his remarks about "one of the largest nose in the world of scotch". My link"]Here[/url]

PJ

PJ,

Were you using a snifter like this?
295.jpg

It works great with cognac, and I've heard it is the same with scotch.

Days like this were meant for 25 to 30 year old scotch!
Starting my night off with Balvenie 25 and a giant anejo.

It's going to be a long night of celebrating.

I can't be the only one celebrating the Colt's win....

Macallan 30-REALLY GOOD!

Macallan 25-Great!

Macallan 30-REALLY GOOD!

Macallan 25-Great!

I've nothing to celebrate. My Packers had an early exit. Nothing to look forward to now.

I've wondered about the 25 Macallan or the 30. You prefer the 25? I've thought about getting one or the other, but my fear is that I'd invest in a bottle and find out its like chewing on a piece of wood.

PJ

PJ,

Were you using a snifter like this?
295.jpg

It works great with cognac, and I've heard it is the same with scotch.

It was more like this

base_media.jpg

but with a smaller mouth.
PJ

I've nothing to celebrate. My Packers had an early exit. Nothing to look forward to now.

I've wondered about the 25 Macallan or the 30. You prefer the 25? I've thought about getting one or the other, but my fear is that I'd invest in a bottle and find out its like chewing on a piece of wood.

If you like Macallan 18 and can get past the cost of the 25 I think you'd love it. I do prefer the 25 over the 30 and the cost is only a small reason. The 25 simply tastes better.

If you ever want to meet for a drink and a cigar shoot me a pm. I live in Oro Valley.

Just finished off a bottle of Johnnie Walker Swing.

Curious of you will be buying another bottle? I have been thinking about adding a bottle to my collection but the reviews I have read have been mixed.

Macallan 30-REALLY GOOD!

Macallan 25-Great!

You were not the only one celebrating...I was overjoyed last night TWICE! We've got Indy in the Superbowl Vs. The Kid from Purdue!

If you like Macallan 18 and can get past the cost of the 25 I think you'd love it. I do prefer the 25 over the 30 and the cost is only a small reason. The 25 simply tastes better.

If you ever want to meet for a drink and a cigar shoot me a pm. I live in Oro Valley.

Sir, thank you for the offer...I might just have to take you up on the offer some time in the near future.

Just finished off a bottle of Johnnie Walker Swing.

Curious of you will be buying another bottle? I have been thinking about adding a bottle to my collection but the reviews I have read have been mixed.

I probably will buy another bottle. I do believe it was a bit costly but I liked it. I didn't find it overly complex but it was very enjoyable, and sometimes that's all I want out of a whisky.

Thanks Khari! For some reason I just can't pull the trigger on JW Swing even though it's only $50.00 here.

Last night I had a small glass of 30 year Strathisla while watching Inglorius Basterds.

PJ
Ditto. I had a glass tonight that knocked my socks off. I'm really impressed with the A'bunadh. Don't like the $80 pricetag, but watcha gonna do?

$80? Sheesh, that's too bad. I've been enjoying Abelour A'bunadh lately and the Total Wine store in my neck o' the woods sells it for $52.99. I've noticed distinct differences in the Bin 27 and Bin 28. The 27 seems sweeter with smokey malt and molasses, while the 28 has a decidedly peppermint quality to it.

PJ

$80? Sheesh, that's too bad. I've been enjoying Abelour A'bunadh lately and the Total Wine store in my neck o' the woods sells it for $52.99. I've noticed distinct differences in the Bin 27 and Bin 28. The 27 seems sweeter with smokey malt and molasses, while the 28 has a decidedly peppermint quality to it.

A'bunadh has been on my hit list for some time unfortuntely, no distribution in NH. I am going to have to hunt down a bottle next time I get outside the control of the NHLC.

Last night had a mini tour of the BTAC started with some ER17 and then had some Handy Saz was going to get into Stagg for the finish but, got a little sleepy. Man thouhg they produce some darn good stuff.

Tonight im going with one of my Don Lucas Gold Series and im trying some home made mamajuana. Fresh off my trip from the Dominican Republic, trying to get away from all the snow that is about to be dumped on the East.