• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you all do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atuck

ANEJORE
I made a deal with a guy in a trader section on another board for some Mag 50s. I never got them. He cannot give me a DC# and says that USPS never loses its priority mail so somebody stole it on my end. I have a P.O. Box so nobody had access to it but USPS. At first he said he would give me my $ back but then said he must have had temporary insanity and that it was now my loss. He has now removed all of his personal info from his profile. Although I do have it from a previous PM. He has several good trader comments as well, more than me. I PMd a moderator but have not heard anything back. What would yoou guys do?

Out him. Come on he romoved his info so something is up. Post all the talk back and forth. Who sends high end items without a DC# at least. Doesn't look good.

Hmm, that's a toughie. If the value wasn't too high, I'd say you'll probably just have to eat your loss. Its pretty shady that he removed his info from his profile. I really don't know what someone should do in this situation, look forward to hearing what others have to say.

atuck said:
I made a deal with a guy in a trader section on another board for some Mag 50s. I never got them. He cannot give me a DC# and says that USPS never loses its priority mail so somebody stole it on my end. I have a P.O. Box so nobody had access to it but USPS. At first he said he would give me my $ back but then said he must have had temporary insanity and that it was now my loss. He has now removed all of his personal info from his profile. Although I do have it from a previous PM. He has several good trader comments as well, more than me. I PMd a moderator but have not heard anything back. What would yoou guys do?
[snapback]220149[/snapback]​

Atuck, what board, what's his handle, and what personal info do ya got on him?

Wow unreal alan,

I would out him. It is his responsibility to make good on his end. No DC#? makes it seem very fraudulent.. He should at least return a partial amount of $$ or reimburse you with other cigars. Give him some options and if he does not make good I would contact the MAster and have him put on the bad traders list.

The USPS does lose PM, ask folks on this board it's happened to. Also, you automatically get a label number at the least, whether it's DC'd or not.

You have run into someone with something to hide. Maybe he's in financial trouble, maybe he couldn't score the Mags at the price he quoted.

Whatever, he needs to be outed to warn other folks that something's changed with this guy, regardless of the positive trader comments.

Interesting that the moderator hasn't replied either. What board was this on>?

Pretty strange that he would send high end items without at least a DC. If the value goes high enough, it even makes sense to use insurance or certified mail. It is even fishier that he removed his info. I think I would continue with private conversations and with the moderator...if you don't get some satisfaction in a fairly short period of time...Out Him. Make it public and messy.

It was on CW. His handle is Jacksi.

Jeffrey Beatty
3405 NE Multnomah St.
Portland, Oregon 97232

I guess it happened on CW and nickname is j***i, right?
It might be a good idea to contact other ppl which had a trade with him and also notify moderators...
As others say... maybe it would be a good idea to post all your conversations...

But... will it help you?
That guy will just create a new profile and start all over again.

Wow.. i cant beleive he would do this.
He seemed like a veteran trader. I know alot of fogs have done trades or purchases with him.

The guy is either a liar, or dumbass for not including insurance and a DC for the shipment.

Wait for the Mod to reply to you and then bring it out to the rest of the board.

I recently got stiffed on another board on a trade. I PMed the mod out of courtesey and he told me to have at it.

Did not get my end but making it public will benefit anybody considering a future trade with this scumbag.

I just noticed that you named the guy. In any case I believe that everybody is responsible just for his end. You send money he got's them, so, your end is fine.
He sent a package to you and you did not get it.... not your problem. it is his problem and responsibility. You are not supposed to agree to loose even half you your money

Bad deal, sorry to hear it.

I would maybe give him the heads up that you are going to out him if he does not resolve this. If he can not then give a DC# or $......Out him!

I was really looking forward to these cigars too. It was a 10 pack and it would have completed a whole box worth for me. I thought the price was too good though. I will just buy a whole box from a vendor next time, if I could find one, instead of trying to piece on together. It's all Alexs fault! With his "look at me" thread of his Mag 50s. :laugh:

I will give it a couple of more days to see if I hear from him or the moderator before I "have at it".

CW can be a tricky place to out someone. If you do decide to out him, be sure to have documented info. of him saying he'll do something and then backing out. Also, CW says everything should be left in trader comments. So do a documented TC for him too, negative!

Alan,

I can send you an empty box :D So at least you have a MAG 50 BOX.. LEt me know.. :whistling:

alexgtp said:
Alan,

I can send you an empty box :D So at least you have a MAG 50 BOX.. LEt me know.. :whistling:
[snapback]220179[/snapback]​

You smoked em all?! :laugh:

looks like another scumbag for the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.