• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you all do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
atuck said:
CWs administrator got back to me and told me to leave a negative trader comment. So I left one that explained the situation. Probably wont see my money though. Oh well, I'll live and move on! Wont stop me from trading either. There are too many of you fine BOTLs out there! This will never happen to somebody who trades with me. I will stand behind my ****. Money is not, and never will be the main thing here. It is just about the cigars and the fine brothers that love them.

Trade on! :D
[snapback]220225[/snapback]​

Glad to hear your not gonna stop trading. I often get a lot of negative grief at CW because I shoot from the hip and tell it like it is. When I posted the first negative comment about a scammer called havanaphile I actually got pm's and grief about it saying I shouldn't have posted and he's a good trader. Even to this day when I post any type of negativity there are always a few guys comming to the rescue of defense instead of considering that someone might actually be right even thought it didn't happen to them.

Hope you enjoy them davidoffs I almost had that one!

atuck said:
I made a deal with a guy in a trader section on another board for some Mag 50s. I never got them. He cannot give me a DC# and says that USPS never loses its priority mail so somebody stole it on my end. I have a P.O. Box so nobody had access to it but USPS. At first he said he would give me my $ back but then said he must have had temporary insanity and that it was now my loss. He has now removed all of his personal info from his profile. Although I do have it from a previous PM. He has several good trader comments as well, more than me. I PMd a moderator but have not heard anything back. What would yoou guys do?
[snapback]220149[/snapback]​

You know it realy sucks when the guy on the other end does not come through.

The USPS rarely looses packages, they may be slow. But out and out lost usually does not happen. I do not know any seasoned trader of cigars who would send even the smallest package witout a DC#. My mail is delivered like yours to a locked PO box which is impossible to steal unless the postman did it himself and that is un-likely.

The obvious is that you will never be trading with him. I would report him to a moderator and if that moderator does not help you, what good is he as a moderator. He should atleast address the matter. I would also try to email him personally or if cant do that send him a certified mail.

You know and I know that unfortunately you are out of this money. Look at it this way it cost you x amount of $$ to get rid of this scum-bag Hopefully the bad publicity he will get will save another Botl $$$. However it was at your expense.

I can get you some of these. If you need them just PM me.

CW is notorious for "looking the other way" when it comes to bad traders and scumbags. They don't want to hear about it because they think it makes them look bad. Unless you know the person from some other board, trade with caution over there...

Atuck, tell this scumbag that he is going on the scumbag traders page. Tell him his name will come off only if he makes good with money or cigars. PM me his personal info so we can add the dick.

Alan,

I think we should just go up there to Oregon and whoop on his a$$!!! I got your back...you're too good of a trader to have to deal with this crap. CP'ers rock on!!! :thumbs:

-Fetter

this is the reason I'm staying on CP... thought about joining other boards, but with the quality of BOTL's here, why??

And I'm in for a road trip to kick some butt...
Jim

Swissy said:
And I'm in for a road trip to kick some butt...
Jim
[snapback]220311[/snapback]​
With Swissy coming from the north and Alan and I from the south...we've got this guy surrounded!!!

-Fetter

Swissy said:
this is the reason I'm staying on CP... thought about joining other boards, but with the quality of BOTL's here, why??

I joined a bunch of other boards, but I've only posted a copule times on one of them. I've seen nothing better than here - although some are populated with a lot of these guys as well, this is still IMHO the better group all around.

PM can get stalled out. The new do-it-yourself centers aren't as good as giving it to someone at the counter. I have had TWO packages in 6+ years of trading get stalled...up to three weeks...but I never lost one.

It's the trader's (HIS) responsibility to make sure you get what you paid for. At the very least, he should be communicating every day or two to check and see what the status is. And providing you with assurances he sent his end, and proof, if you request it.

The way I see it, if he ignores you, it's a red flag. Unless there's some plausible explanation (maybe a death, family emergency, or he's involved with the hurricane), you have every right to give him a deadline.

If he's gone and rips you off, you should inform (which you have) the boards so someone else doesn't get ripped off.

Sorry for the loss.

IgwanaRob said:
Swissy said:

I joined a bunch of other boards, but I've only posted a copule times on one of them. I've seen nothing better than here - although some are populated with a lot of these guys as well, this is still IMHO the better group all around.
[snapback]220316[/snapback]​
I would absolutely agree here. I noticed that members(who have been here for long) here are very protective... in terms of they are can feel BS from differend "vendors". Noticing recent post from guy with handle ***Dog...
Anyway what I wanted to say that in this forum I feel much better protected than in other boards.
Thak you guys.

Thanks for all the support guys! I am a member of CW and Vintage Cigar Club as well as here. CP is my home. :D I feel very comfortable speaking my mind here. And I love all the **** that goes on. :p CW can be informative but it is very boring. VCC is a great place with some great guys with good knowledge but it is very small with not alot going on. There is always **** happening here! I have learned alot here. I will stay here for as long as you all will have me. If I have something good I will always offer it to you guys first. This is the 1st page I log into. I'm glad I found this place, I am not so bored all the time anymore and I've met some pretty cool folks.

Thanks again guys! :thumbs:

Hope it works out for you. Something seems really fishy when the guy can't even produce any proof he sent you anything. Also, on ten sticks with a fairly high value I would think the seller would have purchased insurance it less than a couple bucks for $50.00 insurance.

atuck said:
It was on CW. His handle is Jacksi.

Jeffrey Beatty
3405 NE Multnomah St.
Portland, Oregon 97232
[snapback]220161[/snapback]​

Cigar Weekly, why am I not surprised?

I wouldn't know, I was put on "suspension" for 30 days and when I sent them a polite email asking why they ignored me.

Send an email to the site owner Dave Dehls dave@cigarweekly.com and see if he responds. Good luck :whistling:

coventrycat86 said:
I can't see it, I'm "suspended" :laugh:
[snapback]220439[/snapback]​

Here's the quote of his sale. After this it was just people PMing. BTW, Alan was the first to reply to this douchebags offer. He should have beent he first to get the smokes. I would hang this guy on every board.

douchebag said:
Bought a couple of boxes of SPECIAL smokes. Since I can't smoke as much as I used to, I'm keeping some for myself and sellin' the rest. LMK if you're interested.

Lumberg said:
I must admit I was cheap when it came to the blind taste test thread.
[snapback]220201[/snapback]​
....big difference, though - those were basically gifts to those who offered to repay with a review. Worst case, you'd be out your gars.

I've only done a few passes / purchases / trades, but it's a responsibility I take very seriously. IMHO, if someone sends without a DC, it's their risk. If the package doesn't show, they have NO way to prove that it was ever sent, and in my book they are still on the hook for the goods or at least a refund.

I've sent bombs via 1st class USPS without a DC, but in the event one of those got lost the only person out would have been me. To date, I've never had a package lost but I know on rare occasions, it happens.

Good luck - hope it works out.

B.B.S.

Pop over to Cigar Wise and see if he's around over there. He's been dropping off boards left and right, recently. May have some personal issues, which is no excuse. He was at one time a pretty well-respected guy on the forums so he should have plenty of friends who will find a way to get to him.

Only a complete moron wouldn't insure 150.00 worth of cigars. It is his responsibilty to get you your cigars. I gave the info to my guy and he will be added to the scumbag list shortly.

I am just thinking that by him removing all of his info, that alone sounds like a scam...maybe a low end one but enough to make one wonder. I tell you, the few trades I have done here, Lets just say that the people here are all top notch and very trusting. just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.