• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatcha Smokin' Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a RyJ Prince of Wales from '98 tonight. Not bad, but not what I expected either. Not quite enough power for an after dinner smoke. Good, all the less.

Been likin' the H.Upmann I bought from a cigar shop. Here is the story behind them...During the height of the "Cigar Boom", This special lot of H.Upmann cigars were made Exclusively for the Alfred Dunhill of London LTD. One of the most prestigious international cigar firms in the world! Apparently, the general manager of this firm lost his position or resigned, and a purchase order to consummate the sale of these cigars was never received by the manufacturer. This very limited production run ended up in storage at Consolidated Cigar's huge La Romana facility, and has been there ever since, seasoning for well over 5 years. They are packed in 8-9-8 style Mahogany chests of 25 cigars each and are presented in a rich chocolate brown "English Market Selection", wrapper. (this is a Cameroon Wrapper)-description borrowed from www.mdcigars.com

Puro, I picked up two boxes of those Upmanns, they are very good.

I've been smokin' a different brand of cigar every time for the past couple of weeks. I am trying to evaluate all of the different brands - both Isom and DR, Nic, Hond, etc. Nothing has approached the Padrons for overall quality and flavor. I just received a Trinidad and a HdM Double Corona, so this may quickly change. I am also impressed at how much the non-isoms have improved over the past few years. Some of the brands are really tasty...even the inexpensive ones like the Consuegras. The search goes on.......for the ultimate stogie. :)
Sam :cool:

Started this morning with a Consuegra 73 Natural, then a Padron 2000 Maduro (I always have a tough time telling the difference between the maduro and the natural wrappers on this cigar). After lunch had a MiCubano corona. Just finished one of the new Belindas, the Exquisito.

Dang! And I thought that "I" smoked a bunch of cigars on the weekend. You win...No mas! LOL! :)Smoke 'em if you've got 'em...seems to be the general rule! :)
Sam :cool:

Spent saturday night in the usual way by hanging at my favorite cigar shop/bar. Wound up smoking a Bolivar Churchill Tubo, Punch Cab DC and a Hoyo Epi #2. Yeah, it was a Habanos night.

You got to have a night like that every once in a while, Wolfman. Love that Punch DC.

I'm with you on that Shadow. The Punch is just an awesome smoke. One of my fave cigars. The one I had that night was sitting in my humi for a year. Tasty, tasty, tasty.

Just finished off a LGC series R ,it was a little intimidating as the ring size must of been about 80 . Unfortunately it had little age and although it was a good smoke it was not as impressive as its looks

:(   ......Vern, I am assuming that the LGC Series R Maduro came out of my pass, which you just received. It had been in my Dunhill humidor for approximately one year, and I thought that it would be OK! I have found that the La Glorias are similar to actual ISOMs, in that they typically take up to 2 or 3 years to fully mellow, but different people have different tastes. Some people like a peppery cigar that is still young. While I don't think that anyone can reach into their humidor and guarantee that each and every cigar that they pull out will be perfect...there are NO guarantees after all...I want you to be 100% satisfied. Hey, that's just the way I am. As a replacement - I will mail you a Saint Luis Rey Regios (Robusto) ISOM that I received recently that was from an 04/96 Cabinet. If that one is not good or not old enough...I don't know what to tell you...I can't do any better until my Opus X #2s arrive. Sorry!  
:confused:You need to mug Purosdave for that 1995 LGC torpedo that he took out of my pass! Those darn things are good!  :)
Sam  :cool:

I've got to budget my habit. Thus it's the Padron line and Fuente Double Chateau - Natural or Maduro.

Since I've been building a new house the past few months I've been smoking an o.k selection of &#362-4 Honduran and Nicaraguan smokes. Some good, some bad. Wish I had just bought a box or two of Padron's instead. Just got in today a selection of 2Ks,3Ks & 4ks so I'll be nubbing those for the next weeks or so. My "disposable" smoke has been a JR Cuban Alt. - not too shabby.Jay

Recently had a Punch Rothschild that had some age on it. Was very smooth right to the end.

I am a sick one inded I am a full-time collage student and am oterwise unemployed and yet in the last week I have enjoyed an Opus perfection X and a Robusto, a Boliviar Corona from 98', a VSG, PAM exclusivo, and various other smokes...I must be stoped for my own good !!!!!

Ahhhh, just polished off a CAO Anniv Cameroon Churchill, followed by a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Lancelot. Should have taken them in reverse order as the CAO was a more full bodied smoke. Darn, got to get to bed so I can start over again tomorrow.

well, i braved this 100 degree weather to smoke your a.f. s.g. cuban beli two days ago, shadow. delicious! glad i got it over with when i did, tho. yesterday was 102, and right now it's a balmy 103. when WILL it end? :)

I had a Onyx Reserve #2 Belicoso M, an excellent Leon Jimenes Reserve Belicoso M, and a Punch Rare Corojo Pita the other day. What an excellent smoking day it was, those were not back to back but spaced out. The best of the bunch was the Leon Jimines Beli, this was a dark smooth tasting mutha that blew my doors off with a nice pint of Fosters on Wednesday. I wish I could afford to smoke these bad boys all of the time.

Since I've been sick the last few days, last night (Thu.), at the Hands Across America II, I smoked my first cigars in a week and a half. Decided to take it easy so only smoked a VSG Torpedo and a AVO #2 Maduro.

Status
Not open for further replies.