• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatever Happened to....

I worded that wrong meant talented people playing instruments and original music.

Yeah, that homeboy plays some mean ass broken keyboard!!!

:D

Lol. You should see him on a kneeboard.

Keeping with music-rock bands with frontmen that could actually sing, 80's metal chicks with big ass hair and black stretch jeans, and the smell of original Aussie hair spray.

Ok so this might not fall into many people around here's time frame. But when I was a kid I had this thing called "My pet monster" I had the guy that was blue and had hand cuffs that broke apart when you pulled his arms apart. I was thinking about this the other day while playing with my kids and there toys, after my 1yr old son was afraid of a stuffed monster from MONSTERS inc the movie that my daughter had. Here is a link to the guy I had.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AOT3NgtKfUw/St4xSERFuII/AAAAAAAABdA/jR68JjlqPmU/s1600-h/mypetmonster.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MY-PET-MONSTER-TALKING-VERSION-Plush-Toy-2001-TOY-MAX-21-w-Breakaway-Chain-HTF-/200908116876#vi-content

OR!! lol I remember being in 1st grade I think when these bad babies came out! I had to have them, not sure why but REEBOK PUMPS you could pump the little button on the tongue of the shoe and it filled air pockets in the shoe to make it tighter LOL. I remember they were over a $100 back then. 

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/reebok%20pumps

The Reebok pumps have been coming out since the summer of last year.  They have all been retro'd out and selling for more than what they sold for way back when.  They didn't do anything for the sneaker back then and they sure as hell don't do anything now. 

As for that My Pet Monster, get married to a NYC chick.  You'd get one in no time

LMAO! married to a CT chick I think she topped my pet monster! Ill look into those pumps that's pretty cool.

Now that this thread has died for a while.... Has anyone thought of anything else for this list? The reason I bring this back up is the wife and I were looking through a list of things along the lines of this thread and I saw and remembered allot that I did not see here. I will list some more later, I just wanted to bring this back to the main page for anyone to add to.

For starters....

Does anyone remember when the cereal Trix were shaped like fruit? And not just colored pellets?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/50-things-only-80s-kids-can-understand

Here go crazy. All you really have to do is Google "Things from whatever decade"

I do miss customer service though. I know I find myself and others shopping at smaller places and willing to pay more for goods just because they have decent customer service. In fact I remember trying to call a few places, the IRS was one of them and they wouldn't even put me on hold waiting. They simply said they where too busy and hung up. What kinda shit is that?

Mrepp said:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/50-things-only-80s-kids-can-understand

Here go crazy. All you really have to do is Google "Things from whatever decade"

I do miss customer service though. I know I find myself and others shopping at smaller places and willing to pay more for goods just because they have decent customer service. In fact I remember trying to call a few places, the IRS was one of them and they wouldn't even put me on hold waiting. They simply said they where too busy and hung up. What kinda shit is that?

Thanks, ya I know I can google it, figured it would be more fun to continue it here thats all. Thanks though. 

Well I do miss Frutopia the fruit drink. They also used to sell these mini powdered donuts in a bag I can't remember the brand but it wasn't hostess.

Fruit string things http://i.imgur.com/gD9Dbla.gif

fruit striped gum even though it was awful.

Candy cigarettes / gum cigars

When gas station clerks or someone could actually give you reliable directions sense gps still isn't too accurate sometimes.

I honestly miss the days before smart phones and cell phones (and I'm only 28). I think their a great tool but far to many people are dependent on them and miss use them. I've almost been hit 8 times while driving this last month and everyone of those people where either talking on their phone or whatever else and it was blatantly them not paying attention.

I'll play the flip side of the card. I miss adults showing kids respect. I've seen many times where children in stores are behaving and yet other adults act like they don't exist and almost trample them or refuse to acknowledge their existence. Probably not helping with kids showing respect.

Decency for your common man. I saw an elderly women whose wheel chair had gotten stick in between the doors at target and people walked by and ignored her for 5min until I got out of the car and went in and helped her. Same thing with a woman who was buying groceries by herself and had to buy softener salt. I walked out and she was struggling with loading the salt while very capable grown men just walked past. Again I stopped and help and she almost was crying that I did that for her.

Actual knowledgeable sales and customer service. I've got an extensive IT background and can't tell you how much wrong information I've overhead some of which where blatant lies.

Honesty. I like to think that I'm one of the few people that are as honest as they can be and it actually works out very well for me. Example here is the other night the little lady wanted a to grab a drink after dinner so we went to the bar and sat down. Well my knee still gets sore only being a few months out from surgery so I had it resting across a extra bar stool sense it wasn't busy. A few guys come in and the one starts jumping to conclusions and giving me shit about it. I could have picked a fight but I just told him why I did that. next thing I know he goes from ready to throw down to apologizing like crazy, telling me how his brother has the same kinda surgery and buying my and my fiancé a drink. Idk why everyone's fallback is a lie these days?

Sprite REMIX
SURGE Drink
The best HI-C that ever did exist IMO. HI-C Ecto Cooler (from ghost busters)
3D Doritos 
Gatorade Gum
Purple Heinz Ketchup

extremeXconcepts said:
Sprite REMIX
SURGE Drink
3D Doritos 
Gatorade Gum
Purple Heinz Ketchup

Gatorate Gum? I'm glad that one is gone :laugh:

whylieineedacigar said:

Sprite REMIX
SURGE Drink
3D Doritos 
Gatorade Gum
Purple Heinz Ketchup

Gatorate Gum? I'm glad that one is gone :laugh:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike4ltc/8129854709/a

Actually I remember it not being to bad. It actually did make your mouth....Hmmm I don't know, wetter, or juicer. (don't over analyze that statement) lol

Mrepp said:

Well my knee still gets sore only being a few months out from surgery

Yeah... that's why...
You right. It'd because I'm a juggalo!

198280826_640.jpg

???