• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatever Happened to....

extremeXconcepts said:

Sprite REMIX
SURGE Drink
The best HI-C that ever did exist IMO. HI-C Ecto Cooler (from ghost busters)
3D Doritos 
Gatorade Gum
Purple Heinz Ketchup

Gatorate Gum? I'm glad that one is gone :laugh:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike4ltc/8129854709/a

Actually I remember it not being to bad. It actually did make your mouth....Hmmm I don't know, wetter, or juicer. (don't over analyze that statement) lol

I would've had a big box of these right next to my bed for the ladies lol

I miss.....
Fruit Stripe Gum
Frosty Root Beer in the returnable bottle
All sodas and candy using real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup
High's Dairy Stores
Tasty Freeze
Fresh milk delivered in the cooler on the front porch in glass jugs.
Kids being able to run around unsupervised at dusk collecting lightning bugs in a mason jar.
Being able to catch blue crabs by the bushel with string, chicken necks, and a net in a four hour period.
Going to Grandma and Grandpa's almost every Sunday for a visit and extended family dinner.

jfields said:
I miss.....
Fruit Stripe Gum
High's Dairy Stores
Tasty Freeze
Kids being able to run around unsupervised at dusk collecting lightning bugs in a mason jar.
Being able to catch blue crabs by the bushel with string, chicken necks, and a net in a four hour period.
Going to Grandma and Grandpa's almost every Sunday for a visit and extended family dinner.

Ya those were the days, Id be scared to let my kids out of my sight now a days, never mind out past dark. LOL crazy world we live in. Not to mention.....Im not sure I have seen a lighting bug since I was a kid. Where did they all go?

Mailmen, who walked their entire route; breadmen, milkmen, and eggmen who delivered door to door. Junkmen who came to your house every once and a while and Fuller Brush men, who came to your door with everything from foxtails to hair brushes. Real Hardware stores, where the clerk could just look at a screw and know its pitch and size. Haberdashers, who could just look at you and know your size, and shoe salesmen, who actually waited on customers. Cobblers and shoeshine shops.

Doc

jfields said:
I miss.....
Fruit Stripe Gum
High's Dairy Stores
Tasty Freeze
Sorry to hear that, we get ours from the Longmont dairy every Wednesday  :)

We get plastic jugs from Giant Food, or Wegman's here.

A group started a Co-Op around here where they owned the cows, rented the fields from the farmers and were taking home the raw milk, beef, etc. The FDA actually showed up one day with agents and automatic rifles, confiscating records, food, and dumping milk out....... They were quoted as saying raw milk is dangerous and te group was skirting the law by hiding behind the Co-Op.

Never figured that one out.

There is still milk deliver in nh as well. Glass jugs dropped off into a metal insulated bin at your door.

Doc, my competition is Fuller Brush. They still have all the freebies.
drjammer said:
I miss.....<br />Fruit Stripe Gum<br />Frosty Root Beer in the returnable bottle<br />All sodas and candy using real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup<br />High's Dairy Stores<br />Tasty Freeze<br />Fresh milk delivered in the cooler on the front porch in glass jugs.<br />Kids being able to run around unsupervised at dusk collecting lightning bugs in a mason jar.<br />Being able to catch blue crabs by the bushel with string, chicken necks, and a net in a four hour period.<br />Going to Grandma and Grandpa's almost every Sunday for a visit and extended family dinner.
<br />Sorry to hear that, we get ours from the Longmont dairy every Wednesday  :)
<br />We use royal crest and they deliver eggs and butter as well as a bunch of other stuff.

ilikefishes said:
Doc, my competition is Fuller Brush. They still have all the freebies.

I miss.....<br />Fruit Stripe Gum<br />Frosty Root Beer in the returnable bottle<br />All sodas and candy using real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup<br />High's Dairy Stores<br />Tasty Freeze<br />Fresh milk delivered in the cooler on the front porch in glass jugs.<br />Kids being able to run around unsupervised at dusk collecting lightning bugs in a mason jar.<br />Being able to catch blue crabs by the bushel with string, chicken necks, and a net in a four hour period.<br />Going to Grandma and Grandpa's almost every Sunday for a visit and extended family dinner.
<br />Sorry to hear that, we get ours from the Longmont dairy every Wednesday  :)
<br />We use royal crest and they deliver eggs and butter as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Longmont dairy offers a lot of good things including some very good eggnog over the holidays  :thumbs:. We used to buy royal crest from their store in Denver but when we moved, it was too far away.

Tall Paul said:
There is still milk deliver in nh as well. Glass jugs dropped off into a metal insulated bin at your door.
We have this in Westchester where I live as well.  

Real Chocolate Raspberry Sticks

Solid Chocolate Easter Bunnies

Cops that knew all the kids in the neighborhood's names.

Vacuum Tube Testers at the Hardware store.

Appliances that lasted 20+ years

The Cuban Embargo.....oh wait.....

" Appliances that lasted 20+ years"..... Now that brought a smile to my face Dan.

jfields said:
" Appliances that lasted 20+ years"..... Now that brought a smile to my face Dan.
Hah! Yes, it's a shame. I did some research a few years ago. Seems like there is only one company in the world, which I believe is British, that builds truly reliable, long life washers, and maybe driers too. They were like 2k or 3k iirc.

A simple refrigerator (no doo dads) is still pretty good. Those compressors last forever.

We have a refer at deer camp, a Philco, I believe, that was built in the early '50s. It's inefficient as hell, but it still keeps the beer cold. We'd replace it, but I've heard the stories about how difficult it was to get it there.

Doc

My grandmother still has a 1950's Frigidaire Fridge in her garage, that she still uses to this day.  It's got my name on it, when the day comes that she passes.  I'm just afraid that if I unplugged it and moved it 40 miles to our house, it won't work when I plug it back in  :sign: