• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Looks great John! I'm going to have to check out Swallow Farms.
Thanks Rob! Per your advice I planned/researched accordingly and settled on a Dutch Oven cooking time in the oven that turned out fantastic! As always, thanks for your expert input! You Da Man!! 😎

A friend at work brought me a few dozen oysters, since I had to work all weekend and I missed the oyster festival in his hometown. I made a couple of oyster shooters and an oyster gumbo. The recipe described it as a thin gumbo, but it sparked dinner conversation about the essential elements of gumbo. I always thought gumbo had to have okra in it, but as it turns out the gumbo has three components: strong stock, meat or shellfish, and the "Creole holy trinity" of celery, onions and peppers.

2021-11-10 06.01.39.jpg

2021-11-09 20.23.18.jpg

A friend at work brought me a few dozen oysters, since I had to work all weekend and I missed the oyster festival in his hometown. I made a couple of oyster shooters and an oyster gumbo. The recipe described it as a thin gumbo, but it sparked dinner conversation about the essential elements of gumbo. I always thought gumbo had to have okra in it, but as it turns out the gumbo has three components: strong stock, meat or shellfish, and the "Creole holy trinity" of celery, onions and peppers.

View attachment 48807

View attachment 48808
What’s the make up of that oyster shooter?

So

View attachment 48807

View attachment 48808
So, Amy actually drank the shooter oyster and all? 😎

Once again @jfields John has introduced me to a habit that costs money! This one, however, is far less expensive than cigars or craft beer.

I have purchased a combination air fryer, dehydrator, rotisserie cooker ..... and I love it!

Asparagus, brussels, fries, chicken, biscuits, etc. .... all great!

Cant wait to try some venison trail bologna.