• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

You inspired me to go get tamales from the food truck. Thank you.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, not sure if they open when it's -5...

That reminds me of working at Crested Butte. There was a tamale guy, that would have tamales in a cooler and a cart with chili con carne and other stuff. It was really good tamales, but if it snowed and the roads weren’t clear, he wasn’t there. I never got around to asking him why. You’d think living in a ski town, you’d be ok with driving in it. Guess not/

That reminds me of working at Crested Butte. There was a tamale guy, that would have tamales in a cooler and a cart with chili con carne and other stuff. It was really good tamales, but if it snowed and the roads weren’t clear, he wasn’t there. I never got around to asking him why. You’d think living in a ski town, you’d be ok with driving in it. Guess not/
I didn't know you worked at Crested Butte, I had Breck in my head for some reason. One of our guides at Silverton went to school near Crested Butte and it's been on my list every since hearing him talk about it.

I didn't know you worked at Crested Butte, I had Breck in my head for some reason. One of our guides at Silverton went to school near Crested Butte and it's been on my list every since hearing him talk about it.

Yep, wish I had never left.

Made a anchovy garlic pizza. Needed to thin out the dough, but was good overall.View attachment 51213
That’s a lost art among Italian Americans! My great grandmother used to make pizza like that. I remember her using scissors to cut the pizza. Tried it myself long ago, but turned out too salty. Do you do anything to prepare the anchovies out of the can? Rinse them and dry them or anything?

That’s a lost art among Italian Americans! My great grandmother used to make pizza like that. I remember her using scissors to cut the pizza. Tried it myself long ago, but turned out too salty. Do you do anything to prepare the anchovies out of the can? Rinse them and dry them or anything?
No that is the salt component of the pizza. I do try to bolt as much of the oil as possible. Next time I will oil the crust edges for crispiness.