• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

066643B7-C3D6-49E6-88EE-614E8C2020F2.jpeg
Our first attempt at pizza dough in our bread machine. Turned out pretty well. This would prolly be about 14” diameter, maybe. It’s one I can eat so turkey pepperoni, fake mozzarella cheese, jalapeños, banana peppers and olives. A bit of crushed red pepper and 16 mins in the over. It’s as good as I can expect. We may tweak the dough once some seasoning oils come in.

Thanks for looking.

Floyd T

Roasted cream of parsnip and potato soup, with spicy venison sausage, dried cranberries, Italian parsley, and parmesan cheese. I took inspiration from a couple of different recopies and basically did my own thing. I had to work at it a bit to get the soup base right as far as texture and flavor, but I was really happy with the results. I never would've thought of pairing cranberries and venison, but it's a perfect marriage.

2022-02-14 22.30.50.jpg

Sorry - no pics, but my granddaughter gave me a great recipe for TexMex chicken that was made all in one pan (we had it for Valentine's day and everyone enjoyed it). Very easy and done in 15 minutes.

2 chicken breasts (cut in half lengthwise) sprinkled with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili (I used chipotle to add a bit of smokiness) dredged in flour. Cook the breasts in 2 tbsp each of butter and olive oil until golden brown on edges. Remove from the pan and deglaze the pan with a bit of chicken stock. Add one 15 oz (or so) jar of your favorite salsa and bring to a simmer. Add back in the chicken breasts - coat with the sauce and cover with your favorite shredded cheese. Stick in a 400 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes to completely melt the cheese. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and/or green onions and serve. Absolutely amazing with rice!