• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Diagnosed with Type 2 about a month ago, so...yes. Pounds and blood sugar
I have a good friend with Type 2 Diabetes and the only way he can control it is by diet and exercise. As long as he's on schedule he can pound a few back when we get together but he says everything goes to shit when he gets lazy and stops taking hiking his three mile loop through the woods and starts eating too much crap. This isn't something to play games with. There a grave consequences for those who do not take it seriously. Stay focused Joe.

Went to visit with an old high school girlfriend in Myrtle Beach last weekend. She cooked the most amazing dish with chick peas, peppers, and Bok Choi over a bed of sautéed zucchini noodles. The flavors were amazing.
73566FFA-C997-4B66-B658-8326D680E520.jpeg

Alright, not quite "on my plate". I've been mixing a protein powder with a protein drink and just added a 1/2 of an Avocado and, holy crap, it has the consistency of a milkshake. Totally awesome! Definitely will do it again.

AvocadoProteinShake.png
390, Carbs 12g, Fats 14g, Protein 57g, Fiber 8g, Sugars 2g. Net carbs 4g.

I was in PA this weekend and stopped at my favorite farm market, where they had the most incredible blackberries I have ever seen. I saw a cooking show recently where a contestant pickled blackberries, so I decided to give it a whirl: Sous vide venison tenderloin, roasted golden beets, potatoes and Brussel sprouts, sauteed mushrooms and pickled blackberries, with chives from my herb garden, and sea salt from Japan.

2022-08-13 20.59.52.jpg

I'd never had pickled blackberries before, but they were really good. Something I will certainly make again!

I was in PA this weekend and stopped at my favorite farm market, where they had the most incredible blackberries I have ever seen. I saw a cooking show recently where a contestant pickled blackberries, so I decided to give it a whirl: Sous vide venison tenderloin, roasted golden beets, potatoes and Brussel sprouts, sauteed mushrooms and pickled blackberries.
View attachment 59347

I'd never had pickled blackberries before, but they were really good. Something I will certainly make again!
O ..... M ....... G

I was in PA this weekend and stopped at my favorite farm market, where they had the most incredible blackberries I have ever seen. I saw a cooking show recently where a contestant pickled blackberries, so I decided to give it a whirl: Sous vide venison tenderloin, roasted golden beets, potatoes and Brussel sprouts, sauteed mushrooms and pickled blackberries, with chives from my herb garden, and sea salt from Japan.

View attachment 59347

And just like that, my meal looks like shit! 😉

View attachment 59347

What did you pickle the blackberries in?