• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

What did you pickle the blackberries in?
I made a quick pickle that was 50-50 red wine vinegar and water, with a little sea salt and honey. Heated it on the stove to get everything to dissolve and put it in a jar with some berries. Easy! They would be really good with something that was a little fattier, as the acid from the vinegar would cut the richness of the fat.

I made a quick pickle that was 50-50 red wine vinegar and water, with a little sea salt and honey. Heated it on the stove to get everything to dissolve and put it in a jar with some berries. Easy! They would be really good with something that was a little fattier, as the acid from the vinegar would cut the richness of the fat.
I was thinking a duck breast.

For us nachos is just cheese over chips
Haha. As you know I’m from California and Mexican food is super huge out here and Mexican markets and what not (not saying that Texas doesn’t have all that) but in college I stayed with a family in Texas while touring with the Orchestra and we were hangin out with the family and the wife says “Y’all want some queso?” I’m thinkin she’s just askin if I want some cheese? She proceeds to get out the velvita and a jar of salsa and microwave it then we dipped chips in it. Tasty but not at all what I was expecting when she said Queso

Haha. As you know I’m from California and Mexican food is super huge out here and Mexican markets and what not (not saying that Texas doesn’t have all that) but in college I stayed with a family in Texas while touring with the Orchestra and we were hangin out with the family and the wife says “Y’all want some queso?” I’m thinkin she’s just askin if I want some cheese? She proceeds to get out the velvita and a jar of salsa and microwave it then we dipped chips in it. Tasty but not at all what I was expecting when she said Queso
Yes Queso is Tex-Mex, we love it!!!!

You Cali guys trying to school me on ranch style beans and Queso, Tex-Mex is hilarious 😜 I don’t tell y’all how to make your quinoa burgers and salads… 😝
Haha I’m not trying to school you on queso just as a Cali boy I had never heard of it. Was just a word for cheese to me. Now I know it’s a delicious dip. At some of the fancy Mexican restaurants here you can get queso fundito which is like a fancy Tex Mex queso.