• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Grabbed the french oven and made our first fall meal of the year.  Osso Buco over Havarti grits.
med_gallery_2712_32_895160.jpg

Humm, grits instead of risotto....interesting.

(It's a Dutch oven, the French are just trying to steal the idea)

I've cooked enough risotto for other people to last me a lifetime.  I'm partial to grits, Geechie Boy grits specifically.

First Brisket we ever did....love my Big Green Egg. Melted in your mouth and the rub/char was friggin incredible.

IMG_20131005_195355_zpsf24d78d4.jpg

Looks just frickin great.  What did you use for the rub?

Ray,
My wife got it at the butchers where we got the meat.I'll check when I get home and let you know. Butcher said it was best pre-packed rub he's ever used. Mixed well with the Mesquite. Nice and sweet.

I'll try to remember if I ever see it in my neck of the woods. Thanks!

A new beer bar opened up near my work.  They have a pretty eclectic menu with some dishes that seem like whatever fell into the mixing bowl they said eff it and went with it.  Anyway, I tried their bacon, cheddar, and peanut butter burger which has a maple syrup drizzle on it, because, well, when you come across that sort of thing on the menu you kinda have to try it.  It worked surprisingly well.  Now I'm gonna be that freak that asks for a side of peanut butter any time I have a burger.

Making a ragu Napolitana (now doesn't that sound better than Sunday Gravy) in preparation for tomorrow's birthday dinner for my daughter-in-law consisting of baked ziti and sausage with bechamela and whatever else I can think of.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Making a ragu Napolitana (now doesn't that sound better than Sunday Gravy) in preparation for tomorrow's birthday dinner for my daughter-in-law consisting of baked ziti and sausage with bechamela and whatever else I can think of.

Doc

Ragu?...isn't that the gravy that comes in a jar?  :laugh: 

Once a year I make up enough salsa to last us the year. The wife love this recipe and if you have ever been to Chili's its just like their salsa which is our favorite!

gallery_13257_1651_239454.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_1545562.jpg

jfields said:
What's your canning method?
I fill all the jars to right below the neck then boil them for 30-40 mins. I have a big jarring pot with lowering rack that fits 10-12 jars at a time. It works well and it always taste fresh.

Smoked my first brisket yesterday and it didn't come out half bad even though I probably made a dozen mistakes. It was a little dry and the rub was a little overpowering. Trial and error...

gallery_13257_1651_466911.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_1138225.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_25647.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_583722.jpg

Sunday dinner, Fried Chicken, mashed taters, gravy, n broccoli with cheddar cheese.