• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Made some sushi and sashimi at home. Salmon, tuna and shrimps. This was so freaking good.
full

Also, purchased two whole NY Strip loins (about 15.5 pounds each) to dry age them using the Umai Dry bags. This is my first time doing this so I hope it works lol. I will age one for 30 days and the other for 60 days. Can't wait for this to eat this!
full

full
I was starting to get worried about you! Hadn't seen any posts, drooling now!

Made some sushi and sashimi at home. Salmon, tuna and shrimps. This was so freaking good.
full

Also, purchased two whole NY Strip loins (about 15.5 pounds each) to dry age them using the Umai Dry bags. This is my first time doing this so I hope it works lol. I will age one for 30 days and the other for 60 days. Can't wait for this to eat this!
full

full
Was just wondering where the hell you’ve been Michael!!??!!

Tell us more about this dry aging thing?

In laymans terms, it basically tenderizes the tissue and increases the flavor. When I worked in a meat department, during college, we'd dry age beef. It's a very interesting thing to watch, especially regarding the mold that grows on the outside of the beef.

In laymans terms, it basically tenderizes the tissue and increases the flavor. When I worked in a meat department, during college, we'd dry age beef. It's a very interesting thing to watch, especially regarding the mold that grows on the outside of the beef.

I knew that, I’m just interested in a step by step instructional.

I was starting to get worried about you! Hadn't seen any posts, drooling now!

Still here my brothers! I have just been crazy busy at work and other things. I still smoke cigars and cook as often as possible!

All you have to do is get the bags either from amazon (this is the size I got and was able to perfectly fit a whole boneless 15.5 Lbs NY Strip) or from their website https://www.drybagsteak.com/ , buy a whole untrimmed beef loin (either NY Strip or Ribeye, bone in or boneless depending on the size of the bags you get.) Put the beef in the bag, use your foodsaver vacuum sealer to seal the bag, place on a rack in your regular refrigerator and leave it there as long as you want. They suggest to age it for at least 21 days but I will do 30. There are lots of videos on youtube and on their website about how to use the bags, it's really simple!

Wow! Do you buy your fish from your local grocery store? I'd like to make my own sushi.

I get it from a super fresh Italian fish market in the Bronx (located on Arthur ave, little Italy, in case you are familiar with it), I have known these guys for many years. I drove 45 minutes just so I can get the fish from them to make this sushi. In order to make raw sushi, you really need to trust the place you are getting the fish from. I basically got fish that they got in on that very same day, so unless you fish it yourself, it doesn't get fresher than that.

Wow! Do you buy your fish from your local grocery store? I'd like to make my own sushi.
I’d suggest trying to do a Google fu search of sushi grade fish near you. It’s probably more likely you’ll get something that won’t make you sick. No guarantees though.

O&G A Product.jpgO&G B.jpgO&G C.jpgO&G D Jar.jpg
Onion & Garlic Jam. It always amazes me what 10 lbs of onions reduces to after they've been sautéed. This spread works well on a charcuterie and cheese platter or just with crackers. The holidays are here!

Bone in ribeye, along with roasted potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts with onion and bacon. Personally, I’m bored with this meal, but every three weeks or so get begged to make it. Won’t rven let me change the sides up.

View attachment 23427
Just yesterday I saw Ina do the Brussels Sprouts like this and I told my wife we need to try it. Your meal looks appetizing as hell!