• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

That is awesome! Never heard of this, but I guess you can make jam out of anything. Have you ever had pepper jam?
Happy to provide the recipe if you’d like.
Yes we make pepper jelly also. Ours is made with certo, sugar, vinegar, food coloring and jalapeño or red pepper flakes. We usually put it on top of a bar of cream cheese. Another crowd pleaser.

Yes we make pepper jelly also. Ours is made with certo, sugar, vinegar, food coloring and jalapeño or red pepper flakes. We usually put it on top of a bar of cream cheese. Another crowd pleaser.
That sounds good and I would love the recipe. Thank you!!

Haha, finish reading threads before replying, Justin...

That sounds good and I would love the recipe. Thank you!!
The original recipient is;
2 cups chopped onions, sautéed in butter
1/2 cup roasted garlic, done in a little olive oil
3 T Balsomic
2 T Brown Sugar
2 T Water
1/2 t Kosher Salt
1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
Combine all and simmer for 15 minutes.

The original recipient is;
2 cups chopped onions, sautéed in butter
1/2 cup roasted garlic, done in a little olive oil
3 T Balsomic
2 T Brown Sugar
2 T Water
1/2 t Kosher Salt
1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
Combine all and simmer for 15 minutes.
Thanks!! It’s about that time to start planting garlic! And soon onions..

This looks good but with Ecoli scare going on my wife tossed all of our lettuce and refuses to get more until the CDC says it’s safe.
It freaked me avdvthe wife out the next day. It can take up to 10 days before e.coli symptoms can appear. So we are still not in the clear.

We decided to do a non-traditional Thanksgiving this year, using all the traditional ingredients but prepared in a different way: Yam soup with crème fraîche and toasted pumpkin seeds, sous vied Turkey Porchetta, Pommes Anna with brown butter and crispy sage, and green beans with a chunky mushroom sauce. Perhaps the best Thanksgiving meal I've ever had.2018-11-24 21.56.51.jpg2018-11-24 21.38.40.jpg2018-11-24 21.40.59.jpg2018-11-24 21.41.13.jpg2018-11-24 21.45.23.jpg2018-11-24 21.49.13.jpg

Last edited: