• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

My wife had done an oven roasted chicken last week so I made some stock and chicken soup yesterday. Great flavors and only the first of this A5F719B5-57B4-4B64-B97F-39957BFA7999.jpegwinter! I now see the photos a little off center but hey, that’s happy hours fault.

During my trip to Illinois, we made Krautburgers ... a Fall favorite! 😋

Ground beef mixed with cabbage, onion & garlic that's been sautéed in lots of butter baked inside a thinly rolled out dough made from Hot Roll mix. Buttered tops when they come out.

20221011_124940.jpg

During my trip to Illinois, we made Krautburgers ... a Fall favorite! 😋

Ground beef mixed with cabbage, onion & garlic that's been sautéed in lots of butter baked inside a thinly rolled out dough made from Hot Roll mix. Buttered tops when they come out.

View attachment 62014
We call those Runza's here..

Some additional work inspired by Chef Majk: Sauteed scallops; carrot, cauliflower & onion, and beet root purees; apple fennel salad with arugula and prosciutto. It kinda looks like mustard, mayo and ketchup in the photo, but it's not an accurate representation. I'm starting to get the hang of making puree; I'm just not sure it's really worth all the effort.

View attachment 61385
Rob, where did you learn to make such perfect presentations?

Chicken or beef crescents:

-2tbsp butter
-1 brick of cheese cheese
-2-4 boiled chicken breasts (depending on size) or one pint jar of canned venison
-one bell pepper, or two long sweet peppers
-one small onion
-2-3 pieces of celery
-2-4 tbsp of milk
-1 tsp garlic powder
-salt and pepper to taste
-2 packs of crescents (each pack will make four squares)
-Chicken or beef gravy (Au Jus) as desired.

1. Boil chicken then shred .... or .... mash the canned venison and liquid with a fork in a skillet.

2. In the meantime dice and sauté the veggies in butter with garlic powder and salt and pepper. (I start with the onions because I can't eat raw onions, then celery, then sweet or bell peppers for the last minute or two to preserve the crispiness and raw flavor of the peppers)

3. Once soft, add the cream cheese, milk and chicken ...... or the shredded meat and liquid.

4. Stir to the mix well.

5. Fill the crescent squares with the mix, fold up the corners, and bake until golden brown. Parchment paper works great!

6. Serve with gravy and noodles and/or mashed potatoes and a vegetable as desired.

Chicken or beef crescents:

-2tbsp butter
-1 brick of cheese cheese
-2-4 boiled chicken breasts (depending on size) or one pint jar of canned venison
-one bell pepper, or two long sweet peppers
-one small onion
-2-3 pieces of celery
-2-4 tbsp of milk
-1 tsp garlic powder
-salt and pepper to taste
-2 packs of crescents (each pack will make four squares)
-Chicken or beef gravy (Au Jus) as desired.

1. Boil chicken then shred .... or .... mash the canned venison and liquid with a fork in a skillet.

2. In the meantime dice and sauté the veggies in butter with garlic powder and salt and pepper. (I start with the onions because I can't eat raw onions, then celery, then sweet or bell peppers for the last minute or two to preserve the crispiness and raw flavor of the peppers)

3. Once soft, add the cream cheese, milk and chicken ...... or the shredded meat and liquid.

4. Stir to the mix well.

5. Fill the crescent squares with the mix, fold up the corners, and bake until golden brown. Parchment paper works great!

6. Serve with gravy and noodles and/or mashed potatoes and a vegetable as desired.
“Cream Cheese”