• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats your most expensive/rare cigar you have in your collection?

This forum is very different than other forums. In that it is not a "showy" place. Very few/none brag about what they have, smoke, or own. It's actually what I really like about this place. Nothing wrong with your post, but know the lack of responses you will get is more because of that than anything. You'll notice the guys who smoke $10,000 Gurkha cigars @H. Vachon don't even post pictures of them in the today's smoke for that fact alone.
I'm guilty of flexing in the latest purchase threads, but it's more out of excitement than everything else. I still get just as excited today as I did when that first box arrived from overseas 17 years ago. Hopefully, I'm not offending anyone.

I'm guilty of flexing in the latest purchase threads, but it's more out of excitement than everything else. I still get just as excited today as I did when that first box arrived from overseas 17 years ago. Hopefully, I'm not offending anyone.
Offend? What offends me is when it's not a new purchase, but just a comment. I throw shit when you do that.

The most expensive one, is the one I haven't smoked yet. I learned a LONG time ago, to smoke anything that I have, because I never know if I'll get a chance to or not.
Right there is the ticket. CP fam has really helped me with that. I used to save rare or limited cigars for a special day. Now I smoke them randomly in the rotation, and enjoy them since every day is special. Life is to be lived now.

These bundles of dead plant appendages sure are special. The amount of hands and time that have gone into each puff is almost hard to appreciate.

While other collectors collect with the ultimate goal of ownership, our ultimate enjoyment is destruction my fire. Muuuua haha.

To answer your question;

Whether it's a $5 stick or a Cohiba Laguito No. 1 from the 70's, it seems my favorites are well aged, and hard for me to get more of, therefore rare for me. Whether that's because of price or availability, some sticks are a once in a while experiences for me.

I will say that since finding CP I have figured out that ageing cigars is the way to go for my taste. From the newb sampler to some trades with brothers, I truly love the changes ageing makes to most sticks. Especially from Cuba, also most NC for me.

I am starting to get boxes and putting them down to rest. In 5-15 years I should have a supply of aged stuff to rotate that didn't kill me to buy.

I was being a smartass in another place a while ago. A guy posted pic of his Rolex, some Behikes, and some gold coins. While I appreciate all those things, I jokingly posted this in good humour. My dive watch, a regular nickel, and some Guantanameras. HahaFB_IMG_1677714141355.jpg

I’m 💯 guilty of being excited and wanting to share with the Community.
I deleted all of my Social Media in November last year, and while it doesn’t make them taste better, it’s enjoyable to share with others your experiences, collection, accessories, purchases, and gifts. Hence the majority of my posts in two specific threads.

Perception aside, cigars have not been a flex point for me since day one, and they won’t ever be. I have friends that spend astronomical amounts on extremely expensive stuff, and we talk weekly, trade with one another, and celebrate what we are smoking.
Just last night a friend of mine sent me his evening smoke, a Cohiba Genius Maduro. Out of my price range…shoot, how about simply finding any for sale?!
It’s all about the experience, sharing it, gathering knowledge and enjoying the journey.
The Partagas I shared is special not because of its rarity or price, but the story behind it.
One of these days I’ll smoke it on a fine Tuesday afternoon, perhaps in the Fall, hopefully with the dear friend that gifted it to me. It is still the most expensive cigar I have in my collection…Rare? Maybe not…

I love seeing what other people are buying and smoking, and CP is predominantly the place I go for cigar related media and conversation.

To answer your question;

Whether it's a $5 stick or a Cohiba Laguito No. 1 from the 70's, it seems my favorites are well aged, and hard for me to get more of, therefore rare for me. Whether that's because of price or availability, some sticks are a once in a while experiences for me.

I will say that since finding CP I have figured out that ageing cigars is the way to go for my taste. From the newb sampler to some trades with brothers, I truly love the changes ageing makes to most sticks. Especially from Cuba, also most NC for me.

I am starting to get boxes and putting them down to rest. In 5-15 years I should have a supply of aged stuff to rotate that didn't kill me to buy.

I was being a smartass in another place a while ago. A guy posted pic of his Rolex, some Behikes, and some gold coins. While I appreciate all those things, I jokingly posted this in good humour. My dive watch, a regular nickel, and some Guantanameras. HahaView attachment 65877
Absolutely agree! I learned about my well aged preferences before finding CP, but otherwise yes.

That’s fantastic! Cool watch as well 👌

Im offended by a lot of things you post, but your purchases aren't one of them =)

To answer your question;

I was being a smartass in another place a while ago. A guy posted pic of his Rolex, some Behikes, and some gold coins. While I appreciate all those things, I jokingly posted this in good humour. My dive watch, a regular nickel, and some Guantanameras. HahaView attachment 65877
You're my kind of smartass! Did anyone else make the connection and comment?

Kiss my ass Chad!!!

Dude! You gotta make it to Jeff's cabin the weekend of April 23rd!

ETA: But yea, sometimes my filters don't work very well.
I'd love to do something like this. With baseball this year I don't see it happening, but don't stop inviting me because I think it would be a blast.

I’m 💯 guilty of being excited and wanting to share with the Community.
I deleted all of my Social Media in November last year, and while it doesn’t make them taste better, it’s enjoyable to share with others your experiences, collection, accessories, purchases, and gifts. Hence the majority of my posts in two specific threads.

Perception aside, cigars have not been a flex point for me since day one, and they won’t ever be. I have friends that spend astronomical amounts on extremely expensive stuff, and we talk weekly, trade with one another, and celebrate what we are smoking.
Just last night a friend of mine sent me his evening smoke, a Cohiba Genius Maduro. Out of my price range…shoot, how about simply finding any for sale?!
It’s all about the experience, sharing it, gathering knowledge and enjoying the journey.
The Partagas I shared is special not because of its rarity or price, but the story behind it.
One of these days I’ll smoke it on a fine Tuesday afternoon, perhaps in the Fall, hopefully with the dear friend that gifted it to me. It is still the most expensive cigar I have in my collection…Rare? Maybe not…

I love seeing what other people are buying and smoking, and CP is predominantly the place I go for cigar related media and conversation.
Shit, I didnt mean it that way. I share from my love of the leaf also. The clan here seems to appreciate a good smoke no matter the cost. I was just joking around.

Shit, I didnt mean it that way. I share from my love of the leaf also. The clan here seems to appreciate a good smoke no matter the cost. I was just joking around.
I thought what you said was dead on!

And agree, cost is neither here nor there, it’s all about what you like.

I’m a bit of a turd sometimes when it comes to the big brands based on early experiences in my cigar journey. But, what it comes right down to it, opinion doesn’t matter, we are all here for the same reason, and I’ve enjoyed sharing my passion with the group.