• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Obviously Didn't Learn Anything Last Time Pass

Throwing out some trades...get some thoughts on these. As a side question...would an Opus Royal 8 reach that BBMF? Much as I've always wanted one, not sure if that would work.

T) Opus Power Ranger P) Opus Fuente Fuente
T) LgC No 2 - 2002 P) Bolivar Lonsdale '99
T) Padron 80th P) Davidoff Aniversario No. 1 Tubo

Going off memory those all look good to me. I think a royal 8 would be a bit light for a bbbmf as the price difference is fairly significant

Going off memory those all look good to me. I think a royal 8 would be a bit light for a bbbmf as the price difference is fairly significant

Yep...agreed on that one. Hard to find info since Moki hid it all. :D

Market for the royal 8 has been 30 to 35 vs more like 50 plus for the bbmf.

Yep...agreed on that one. Hard to find info since Moki hid it all. :D

Is the Royal out of the bottle or does it have the 2005 band?

It's a 'Forbidden X' if I recall.

Price wise I think it may be on par.

LINKY

I thought the Royal 8 came in those sets of three cigars for $100.00 and a BBMF is around $50.00 by it self? ???

I thought the Royal 8 came in those sets of three cigars for $100.00 and a BBMF is around $50.00 by it self? ???

The link shows that the BBMF also came in a $100 set.

Along with the same two other cigars the Royal 8 came with.

That would put them at the same price point, I would think...unless other Royal 8's were released.

We must tread carefully as Greg is known to reband Grenaders.

That would put them at the same price point, I would think...unless other Royal 8's were released.

Ahhhh, I see! Found a loop hole. :D

Both have been sold separately on many occasions, with the price point being set at 30-35 for the Royal 8 and the BBMF always commanding about twice as much. Although both have appeared in journey sets, that hasn't set the market for the single price and they don't carry the same weight in value. Much like an Opus Lancero doesn't have a value of 950/22 in reality. BTW this is no dig on Greg for proposing it at all, just laying out my thinking on the trade.

At this point and time, It would appear that BBMFs are far more common than the R8s. It's hard to believe you can't buy them by the case based on how often they show up in samplers these days.

From what I can tell, the original price was $150 for a R8 (2) Scorpios and a Lancero.

For what it's worth, the "Royal 8" is the same cigar as:

http://www.prometheuskkp.com/products/ffox/ffox_dvd.htm

...which is the same cigar as the black banded Forbidden X CITB cigar. It's a Perfecxion X that had the wrapper cured in Calvados barrels. Up to the host to decide if it's a reasonable put/take for a BBMF.

A few years ago, I'd say "no" easily... but BBMFs have become a bit more common so up to Phil.

At this point and time, It would appear that BBMFs are far more common than the R8s. It's hard to believe you can't buy them by the case based on how often they show up in samplers these days.

From what I can tell, the original price was $150 for a R8 (2) Scorpios and a Lancero.

At one point you could...4 BBMF's (2 Nat, 2 Mad.) for ~$175. Made up the JJFox LE '08 sets.

The pass has arrived! I'll bust it open tonight after work, check it all out, and probably get it back out to Khari tomorrow if he's ready.

Khari...you ready?

This thing is moving unnaturally fast for one of my passes

This thing is moving unnaturally fast for one of my passes

Might be an illusion.
unsure.gif

Don't worry Phil, Joe will put the brakes on when it gets to him.

Send her on! I'm working on my puts and takes now. Hope to have them posted soon.

Send her on! I'm working on my puts and takes now. Hope to have them posted soon.

Khari my friend, this is on its way to you tomorrow morning DC# 9405 5036 9930 0403 5943 96.

Everything looked good, box is a bit on the weathered side, but still in ship shape! :D