• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Añejo and Opus X Reference

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=326

I am hoping to buy some of these Anejo cigars this Christmas, but the price listed at the start of this thread and the price at the link above are quite different. How much should I expect to pay for these? I just don't want to pay too much ;)

You don't want to go supporting the like of Gougers like these. Just keep searching here and on other sites. Make some friends here, and it just might pay off. :whistling:

Another good way is to get in good with a local B&M. Spend some time there, and support the buisness. Mine said he does not know what he is going to get this year, but said he would set some Anejo aside for a couple of others and myself.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=326

I am hoping to buy some of these Anejo cigars this Christmas, but the price listed at the start of this thread and the price at the link above are quite different. How much should I expect to pay for these? I just don't want to pay too much ;)

cigar.com is not an authorized Fuente distributor - they purchase their Anejo's at MSRP and mark them up to resell.

The prices listed in this thread are MSRP, not including local and state taxes. Personally, I am happy to pay a few dollars premium over MSRP if necessary - but everyone has their own tolerance for mark ups over MSRP.

With the holidays approaching, the Fuente Anejo annual release is fast approaching. Go to www.cigarfamily.com and research their authorized retailer database for shops in your area. Also, the trading forum here is always a great place to keep an eye out. In either case, they go very fast when available, so timing is everything. Good luck !

I agree I don't want to promote someone who would jack the prices so far up. The only reason I buy online is to save money, but I only do that about 20% of the time. I have met all the folks at the local shops around here and got close with 1 or 2 of them. I'm hoping to get some from them, locally.

doncarlossampler2005.jpg

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos 30 Year Celebration 1975-2005 Collection

Includes:
1 Don Carlos #2
1 Don Carlos #3
1 Don Carlos #4
1 Don Carlos Belicoso
1 Don Calros Robusto
1 Don Carlos Double Robusto
1 Don Carlos Presidente
1 Don Carlos Lancero *Special Release Size!

MSRP: Unknown

Picked up one these yesterday and upon inspection and the age of the humidipak (it was as hard as a rock) I can tell that these are not a new rolling and release. I'd assume that they are left overs from the original release of this sampler. Would my assumption be correct?

BTW these smell beautiful

1999ffox-rd.jpg
1999ffox-yl.jpg
1999ffox-mc.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Prometheus 1999 Limited Edition Fuente Fuente Opus X Millennium Humidor</span>

Production:
79 units of Red Madrona
60 units of Yellow Eye Maple
60 units of Macassar
--------------------
199 Total Units

*Each unit was numbered and came with a certificate of authenticity.

Storage capacity: 300 cigars
Dimensions: 21” W x 13.5” L x 8” H

1999ffox-rd-open.jpg
:

Each humidor contained 100 FFOX cigars:
8......FFOX Fuente Fuente
5......FFOX Perfecxion #2
5......FFOX Reserva D’Chateau
5......FFOX Double Corona
5......FFOX Perfecxion #5
3......FFOX Perfecxion A
9......FFOX Perfecxion X
8......FFOX Petit Lancero
18....FFOX Robusto
16....FFOX Serie X No. 2
10....FFOX Serie X No. 4
8......FFOX Belicoso

MSRP: $5000.00

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Photo credits: Prometheus</span>

I went to my local shop last night and they had one of the red humidors sitting out since they had an event. Its filled with all the original cigars that came with the humidor and they are selling it for $5000, which is a good price considering that when it first came out in 99 it was $5000.

1999ffox-rd.jpg
1999ffox-yl.jpg
1999ffox-mc.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Prometheus 1999 Limited Edition Fuente Fuente Opus X Millennium Humidor</span>

Production:
79 units of Red Madrona
60 units of Yellow Eye Maple
60 units of Macassar
--------------------
199 Total Units

*Each unit was numbered and came with a certificate of authenticity.

Storage capacity: 300 cigars
Dimensions: 21” W x 13.5” L x 8” H

1999ffox-rd-open.jpg
:

Each humidor contained 100 FFOX cigars:
8......FFOX Fuente Fuente
5......FFOX Perfecxion #2
5......FFOX Reserva D’Chateau
5......FFOX Double Corona
5......FFOX Perfecxion #5
3......FFOX Perfecxion A
9......FFOX Perfecxion X
8......FFOX Petit Lancero
18....FFOX Robusto
16....FFOX Serie X No. 2
10....FFOX Serie X No. 4
8......FFOX Belicoso

MSRP: $5000.00

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Photo credits: Prometheus</span>

I went to my local shop last night and they had one of the red humidors sitting out since they had an event. Its filled with all the original cigars that came with the humidor and they are selling it for $5000, which is a good price considering that when it first came out in 99 it was $5000.

If anyone is from the Houston area, there is a shop (doesn't do online business) that picked up Fuente before they were popular. He's an established guy whose been doing business for over 20 some years. This year he got over 12 boxes of Anejos and 5 boxes of the Maduro Hemingway and also always receives 5 or more boxes of Opus each distribution period. HE sells all at MSRP, nothing over 15$ after tax, including the Anejo #77 aka "Shark" Though, he does limit the # you can purchase per day/ visit so everyone gets a chance.

Personally I took complete advantage of his shipments this year and walked away with alot of these very nice respected and premium cigars. Want to put some age on them however. Just keep a heads up for Lonestar Tobacco if your in the houston area around distribution times and holidays. Cheers all!

If anyone is from the Houston area, there is a shop (doesn't do online business) that picked up Fuente before they were popular. He's an established guy whose been doing business for over 20 some years. This year he got over 12 boxes of Anejos and 5 boxes of the Maduro Hemingway and also always receives 5 or more boxes of Opus each distribution period. HE sells all at MSRP, nothing over 15$ after tax, including the Anejo #77 aka "Shark" Though, he does limit the # you can purchase per day/ visit so everyone gets a chance.

Personally I took complete advantage of his shipments this year and walked away with alot of these very nice respected and premium cigars. Want to put some age on them however. Just keep a heads up for Lonestar Tobacco if your in the houston area around distribution times and holidays. Cheers all!

Great info, also Jeffery Stone near the galleria gets a few solid shipment of Fuente during the holidays..

Super Bump - Sorry!

Miles - this is an awesome page that you started! i want to print it out and make a book with all of the information provided by everyone! This is a great source of info!

Thanks to all who had input!!!

~ t

Thanks for all the info.
Too bad you cant find Anejo in msrp price at online vendors.

I have never seen Anejo online for MSRP. But from where I sit they are easier to get then people seam. I was able to help out a bunch of members get 4 or 5 boxes at MSRP + tax

I have never seen Anejo online for MSRP. But from where I sit they are easier to get then people seam. I was able to help out a bunch of members get 4 or 5 boxes at MSRP + tax

I would love to be able to get a box at MSRP.

Give me a holler around thanksgiving for what you want. I have a great relationship with a few B&Ms. I will prob be getting some boxes of Opus in 2 or 3 months

Give me a holler around thanksgiving for what you want. I have a great relationship with a few B&Ms. I will prob be getting some boxes of Opus in 2 or 3 months

thanks i will if you can get me a box of opus at retail i would also be interested let me know thanks

Does anyone have an up to date sheet?

*MSRP as of January 1, 2007 ( Verified by F&N document )

Does anyone have an up to date sheet?

*MSRP as of January 1, 2007 ( Verified by F&N document )

I agree with Gary here, I was thinking the same thing earlier today. See if anyone has the up to date sheet so we can update the information.

David