• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

Duh! The taller one while standing. That toilet water is cold.
In an effort to contribute to water conservation you could have a pee and rinse your hands without even turning on the water.

Looks legit to me. What’s with the leopard print shower curtain though? Seems out of place…

Something you don’t see every day. I was going to try to post a picture of me peeing and washing my hands at the same time, but this will have to suffice.
View attachment 53712
Just out of curiosity John, how big was the bathroom? Was this ingenious use of space or just one of those weird things people do?

Trying to imagine using that sink makes my back hurt!

Reminds me of my construction days when we had those high rise half wall toilets with the urinal on the outside back wall. So you could take a shit while your coworker could take a piss at the same time behind you. 😂
I was in a fancy bar in Pittsburgh and the group of urinals were mounted on a wall which was all one way mirror. You would watch the people in the bar/restaurant walk in front of you while you took a wiz. I saw a couple guys with stage fright because it was like peeing in the middle of a crowd.

Just out of curiosity John, how big was the bathroom? Was this ingenious use of space or just one of those weird things people do?

Trying to imagine using that sink makes my back hurt!
It was really small, but creative. The house is a really cool historical home in Fredericksburg tied to Mary Washington mother of our first president George. It’s called the “Monument Lodge”. Built in 1850 by the Daughters of the American Revolution. It obviously didn’t have indoor bathrooms back in the day. It was where the caretaker lived that maintained several historical properties like Mary’s home, Betty Washingtons home called Kenmore, among other sites. The City of Fredericksburg is turning the building over to The Washington Heritage Museums Foundation next month.

Cool thing I found out when I arrived the day of the inspection. I just assumed my client was some guy named “Chuck F.” He told me the story of how the WHM organization will be handed the deed, but the board of directors wanted to know more about the condition of the property. They came up with a list of 10 home inspectors in the surrounding counties. He had to research them all. Apparently, in all their research, my name kept coming out on top and the board voted unanimously to hire my services. I felt honored, but still have no idea which agents said “He’s your guy!”. All the ones I work with that I have asked said it wasn’t them.

2E9E7212-AFB7-4170-B9E7-AA8DCBB7577A.jpegD6B5EC37-F0B1-454C-BAA9-54DB3BC5C039.jpeg70DCA0AA-BF3D-4A43-8024-5554C4C6EEA3.jpeg26F072A4-DECE-4649-9CED-A9A373BB28C1.jpeg2A47E3E3-C98E-4466-8C2F-BBA218BFDEE7.jpeg

Last edited:
It was really small, but creative. The house is a really cool historical home in Fredericksburg tied to Mary Washington mother of our first president George. It’s called the “Monument Home”. Built in 1850 by the Daughters of the American Revolution. It obviously didn’t have indoor bathrooms back in the day. It was where the caretaker lived that maintained several historical properties like Mary’s home, Betty Washingtons home called Kenmore, among other sites. The City of Fredericksburg is turning the building over to The Washington Heritage Museums Foundation next month.

Cool thing I found out when I arrived the day of the inspection. I just assumed my client was some guy named “Chuck F.” He told me the story of how the WHM organization will be handed the deed, but the board of directors wanted to know more about the condition of the property. They came up with a list of 10 home inspectors in the surrounding counties. He had to research them all. Apparently, in all their research, my name kept coming out on top and the board voted unanimously to hire my services. I felt honored, but still have no idea which agents said “He’s your guy!”. All the ones I work with that I have asked said it wasn’t them.

View attachment 53909View attachment 53910View attachment 53911View attachment 53912View attachment 53913
That's beautiful!

Her: The faucet won’t fit..
Him: I got this fam.

Me:

View attachment 53916View attachment 53917

All I want to know, is how he cut that with such precision? Router, jigsaw, coping saw? Inquiring minds want to know? Oh wait, maybe he used a hole saw?

If the faucet guy was the same as the drywall guy, I’m embarrassed he didn’t fix it. He should have known better.